If we get a season 21/22

thats not good for us then, based on that our attendance would be around 620..
A key factor here is that the O2 is in England.
The British Rally Championship which starts next month (1st stage), looks likely to have to cancel the Wales stage due to be held around Builth Wells in mid July as I believe the WAG are only allowing 30 people to attend outdoor sporting events from next week!
If the BRC don’t receive assurances within the next week or two that the WAG will lift the crowd ban to mirror that of England and Scotland the Rally will go ahead without the Welsh stage.
Unfortunately, we’re still miles off the WAG letting anyone into IAW!

Last edited:

rocketbob

The Speedway GP event due to be in the Millennium/Principality stadium in mid-late July has just been called off and they never get near to full capacity at the best of times.

moggy#9

The devolved powers on this stuff are a nightmare for any activity which is pan UK. The assembly ain't interested in anything except chase the egg, so it's going to be up to the affected sports to work together to come up with a workable plan and then lobby like hell. I've got no confidence in drakeford and his cronies to sort things out on their own.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #128
Having hockey back is obviously still not the most important thing in the world, but just how good would it be to get back to that position. We are most certainly heading in the right direction, but mustn’t get ahead of ourselves, who knows where we might be in 6 months time, the thought of being back in our home is certainly a feeling to behold, in a safe environment obviously. I am still going to hold onto my dreams, even though it is I suppose still a lottery, where we are now compared to 6 months ago is like night and day, so that amount of time again who knows, we still live in hope, in the meantime, stay safe all can’t wait to say those three words, Happy Hockey Days.

august04 2.0

A lot can happen before then, but Kelman and Seth Bennett were talking about the season potentially starting in September/October during their interview last week. By then, anyone who wants a vaccine should have had it, so as long as we don’t get derailed by Covid variants, we might be OK. Wouldn‘t it be nice to get some Devils signing news soon instead of watching others in the EIHL series and getting updates on the Swamp Rabbits!

moggy#9

WRU confident of a full Millennium Stadium for the Autumm Internationals in November. A good sign.
Quite aside from the face that the assembly would bend over backwards for the wru, they can probably bend the rules by opening their roof, which isn't an option for us.

Devil94

Quite aside from the face that the assembly would bend over backwards for the wru, they can probably bend the rules by opening their roof, which isn't an option for us.
The Welsh Parliament would obviously do anything to get full crowds there, why wouldn't they, there's a huge amount of money to be made.
The roof is irrelevant, a full stadium, roof or not, would mean social distancing rules have been scrapped. When 70,000 are allowed in a stadium, concerts, nightclubs and hockey will be allowed.

Last edited:

pjj365

Some hope if Wales follow England.

As of 17/5 indoor sports venues can open but capped at lower of 50% capacity or 1000. Not enough for us I know but a step in the right direction

Devil94

With still 3 months to go until end of August, that is very encouraging news. If all goes as planned then I would imagine 5000 minimum for events by then, with a lot more restrictions planned to be eased in England on June 21st.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Thread starter #140
The best news we have had for many a dark day, positive vibes now guys let’s let this news lift our spirits back to where they should be. To watch our precious club performing back on the ice is just the heart warmer we all need, look forward now to all the rumours about who’s coming, and who’s going. Hopefully come September we can all say Happy Hockey Days.