IIHF tournament

KaneDevils

Thread starter #1
Couldn't see a thread on this so thought I'd get one started.
Starts today on freesports. GB vs Russia. 2pm.
Now, this sounds a daunting start and I can only assume all the GB lads will get from this is experience.

Will any non playoff nhl players be playing for Russia?
Will any of you be following the tournament?

Incidentally, if you only have freesports through freeview, without HD, download the freesports player app.

* Tournament actually started yesterday with one very surprising result that caught the eye.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Much better second and third periods. The lack of competitive hockey for most of the team showed. I said before the game that not getting shut out and conceding 5 or less goals would be a good performance, so not far off. It has to be said the officiating was terrible. Some awful penalty calls and completely missing one russian goal.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #5
Aye, I thought GB did quite well to be fair. Best player for me was perlini? No idea who he plays for. The Russians skating and shooting was top notch. Only ever going to be one winner. As has been said, just being in pool A is remarkable, really.

KaneDevils

Thread starter #8
Decent from GB, staying out the box, gritty and throwing plenty of hits. Bowns playing well. Not sure I agree with these, "past his best" remarks.