Import players

paulsasha

Thread starter #1
Is it about time that G and Franny took a look at the import players this sesaon and started to make some changes the only players that want to play are our Brits especially Ben who is playing awesome this season there are a lot of import players in our squad that are on big bucks that are not interested!

I agree. Pierce isn't worth the skates he wears. He's not interested in playing, scoring or being a team player and imo he's not very good, plenty of players who would require same wage packet and at least want to wear the devils shirt

Out of interest, does anyone have the stats on which teams Jeff has scored on and how many times? As I'm interested to see the difference between top 5 teams and bottom 5 teams.

wildthing74

Just what we need,another nagative thread :roll:.Yep,you're right I'm sure none of the imports cares or is indeed trying to win games.

Not sure how you can say that about Pierce - yes he may look disinterested sometimes but im sure a few players are guilty of that. Did u even watch the game last night!??!

ASHIPP

paulsasha said:
Is it about time that G and Franny took a look at the import players this sesaon and started to make some changes the only players that want to play are our Brits especially Ben who is playing awesome this season there are a lot of import players in our squad that are on big bucks that are not interested!
Some posters forget that considering the difficulties the club and team have been facing over the past few months, we are fortunate we have a team to watch at all. :? :evil: Those guys have been playing under very difficult circumstances - they deserve support.

wildthing74

Such a sweeping statement too.I don't think its easy for any of our players import or Brit at the moment with all the off ice rumours.No surprise if they are a bit distracted by it all.

Gazza272

Pierce has impressed me every time i've seen him play this year, quick, clever and always looks like he wants to get a goal. Much like Max when he first came over here, I dont think Pierce should be criticised for trying things out of the ordinairy, many times I have seen Pierce make a play that no one else on our team would dream of trying and its mostly been other players not able to read it that has caused Jeff to appear as though he has made a mistake.

The question mark for me is still Dobben, his skill set has not suggested to me he is any better than a Brit we could have brought in from the EPL. And in this league to make waves you have to have all your imports better than your brits imo. Or have that import play a role a brit on your roster cant play. I dont see that with dobben yet sadly.

osh

paulsasha said:
Isn't it about time that you posted a meaningful post? To say that in your opinion that none of the imports want to play is total garbage. The only criticism I would offer against certain imports is their consistency and whilst it would be great to have every player - import or Brit - playing their very best each and every night is just not going to happen. If you are going to make such sweeping statements, why not mention the layers you feel aren't contributing instead of just saying 'every import,!!

There have been repeated comments on various threads about the imports not being interested or trying or similar terminology.
However, with the exception of Pierce, who often struggles to concentrate or lacks intensity unless the puck is on the end of his stick or he sniffs a chance of a goal, who does anybody think isn't trying?
I can't think of one player I'd fault for that specific reason.

Why are there so much negativity about the team? You're suppose to be all Devils fans. Support the team no matter what! I think they're all playing very well considering the circumstances off the ice. Yes, everyone has a bad day on the ice but think about the times when they've done well? We defeated Giants away, that was a big win. We beat Steelers 4 nil and got a 4 point weekend against the Blaze. With the way some people are commenting on here, it sounds like those points don't exist. There is no way we would have got those points if only a few players did well, the whole team have been doing well in my opinion. There is room for improvement, there always is but we could have ended up worse.
Focus on the good stuff.

Thread starter #13
For you information OSH i haven't stated about ALL our inports but there are certain players that are not pulling their weight on the ice i know that times are hard at the Devils at the moment but how can the club expect seats to be filled when there is a lack of passion amongst the players,as for Pierce he trys to do so much on his own which sometimes doesn't lead to anything and seems to me he is not a team player by now you would have thought the players would have got to know each others style of play,every fan who supports the devils are entitled for there own opinion :!:

Tyke Devil

I honestly do not believe that Pierce is not trying. He plays his style of hockey. When it works it is fantastic to see. Two of the goals he has scored in the BBT this season were just superb.

The point is......His employers would have (or should have) known what they were getting when he was offered the chance to play for the Devils.

No point having a go at the way he plays now unless you honestly think someone sat him down and said "We have a role for you here at the Devils but you must alter the way you have played for the last "x" amount of years"

I actually think the team is there or thereabouts. Sometimes you just need the rub of the green..don't think we have had that this year much.

Really enjoyed the game last night and good to see and hear a passionate crowd in there. IMHO we are..at best..a 4th placed team this year in the League...for whatever reason. Still doesn't mean we can't get some silverware like the Panthers did last year.

Mind you...even if we finish 5th or 6th....I don't think the 3rd or 4th placed team will relish playing the Devils come Play-off time!

Find of the season must be Ben Davies though. Superb. And a Brit to boot. Must be all the free meals he gets at the Pilot! ;)

osh

paulsasha said:

You really should read your own posts more carefully! You clearly state ( see your post above )
"the only players that want to play are our Brits" etc. Therefore you are also clearly intimating that the imports do not want to play. Why not name the players that concern you so we can debate? You seem to lay all the blame at Pierce's door.

Gospel said:
DevilDan said:
Out of interest, does anyone have the stats on which teams Jeff has scored on and how many times? As I'm interested to see the difference between top 5 teams and bottom 5 teams.

Heres the link fro the Elite league site for Pierces stats

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/game ... seasonId=7
Thanks! Feel I may of chosen the wrong thread to ask this on, :lol: just thought as it was called import players it was a better place to ask than make a new thread.

To the original post though to say it's only the Brits is really insulting to the likes of birbs and Matzka etc who are out there throwing as much as they can at opposition most shifts.

Thread starter #19
What I should have said in my post was in the last 2games the likes of Voth,Frank,Max,and Pierce don't seem like they want to play,you got Frank seeing red when things don't go his way look at last night when he lifted his stick into that players face which could have turned nasty inwhich he recieved a talking to from the ref,Voth doesn't seem to be his normal self not hitting anything Pierce who does too much and Max making too many mistakes all this was being discussed in game last night so don't shout the messanger these are the views from certain fans :!:

Paul Sullivan

It's amazing how fast some have forgotten that we are an import (and a damn fine one) down before we even take to the ice.

Heck against some clubs we are 3, 4 or 5 imports down on the season ;)

As for why they don't look at the imports - if the cash was not there to replace Mark Smith, why - after such strong press about how tough times are - on earth would you think there would be funds now?

Some posts just beggar belief.