Interesting Article...

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
I'm amazed at how spot on this article was at predicting what needed to be rectified by the Devils in order to be successful this season. It's a shame we didn't heed the advice!

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 49,00.html

(scroll down to the Devils review)

What?

All the article says is that the Devils have to win more games on the road to break into the top 4. are you suggesting Gerad didnt sit down at the beginning of the season and think this was the case?

I honestly cannot see the point your trying to make here, It's clear we tried to get more speed and skill this year to do better on the bigger ice pad, but for a variety of reasons it hasnt worked. I still cant see that the article you posted offers any sort of soloution to those reasons though.

No knock of Neil chiplen by the way i find his work for Sky excellent!

Thread starter #3
Gazza272 said:
El Supremo said:
I'm amazed at how spot on this article was at predicting what needed to be rectified by the Devils in order to be successful this season. It's a shame we didn't heed the advice!

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 49,00.html

(scroll down to the Devils review)

What?

All the article says is that the Devils have to win more games on the road to break into the top 4. are you suggesting Gerad didnt sit down at the beginning of the season and think this was the case?

I honestly cannot see the point your trying to make here, It's clear we tried to get more speed and skill this year to do better on the bigger ice pad, but for a variety of reasons it hasnt worked. I still cant see that the article you posted offers any sort of soloution to those reasons though.

No knock of Neil chiplen by the way i find his work for Sky excellent!
Eh?

All I'm saying is that it was spot on by the author to point out that our away form needed to improve in order for us to do well this season. I'm not saying that he offered any solutions, just that he pointed out that it's an area that we needed to improve.

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
[q

Eh?

All I'm saying is that it was spot on by the author to point out that our away form needed to improve in order for us to do well this season. I'm not saying that he offered any solutions, just that he pointed out that it's an area that we needed to improve.

Yes but you also said 'it's a shame we didnt heed his advice' which is a really strange comment to make, it's not like we have deliberatly lost away as some sort of tactic :lol:

My main point is, it's a point thats pretty clear and not really ground breaking to make. G knew the away form had to imporve, as did the players. But for numerous reasons it hasnt, i cant see where the big reveal was really, not having a knock i'm just trying to look for the revelation or new interesting debate to come out of your original post.

i agree with gazza, don't really see what your trying to say. The author may as well have written 2 + 2 = 4. Obviously away form needed improving but for whatever reasons we have been unable to do so.

Thread starter #6
In essence, I suppose my argument is less about the author picking up on our poor away form of last season and instead the realisation (of myself, not the author) of how we've failed to improve on that from last season - I had forgotten about our away form last season (I thought it was a new problem that we were experiencing this season. Instead, it's a problem that has continued over at least two seasons).

Given that this has been a problem over two seasons, can we draw the conclusion that it must be a coaching issue (given that we've brought in faster etc players for the big away ice it surely cannot be a personnel problem)?

Finny

El Supremo said:
Given that this has been a problem over two seasons, can we draw the conclusion that it must be a coaching issue (given that we've brought in faster etc players for the big away ice it surely cannot be a personnel problem)?
To draw such a conclusion you would first need to check that our away form wasn't pants before Adams took over.
I assume you have checked that already?

Thread starter #9
dave hardman said:
For gods sake leave him alone, it is yet again the usual suspects waiting to pounce jeez..
Thankyou! I really am getting sick and tired of this forum. I try to make and honest contribution and I get shot down.

El Supremo said:
dave hardman said:
For gods sake leave him alone, it is yet again the usual suspects waiting to pounce jeez..
Thankyou! I really am getting sick and tired of this forum. I try to make and honest contribution and I get shot down.
El i agree with you does my head in aswell they are always right or aleast they think they are :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Ah yes, it's the usual suspects waiting to post their opinions on a forum, i'd forgotten we'd suddenly changed our rules...
El i agree with you does my head in aswell they are always right or aleast they think they are :roll:
As there's only 3 replies that aren't from you or El Supremo, which one of Gazza272, Finny and Nmase20 have wound you up so much? I can add them to the list of 'usual suspects' then on the mod boards.

If the posts are such an issue for you, then use the 'report post' feature...
If it bothers you so much, then don't bother to post here.

As far as I, and the other mods can see this thread is fine. If you think you've been shot down because other posters disagreed with your opinion or post, perhaps the internet isn't for you...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
Clearly.

If the forums are such an issue for you, then don't bother posting. Everyone else seems to be getting on fine.

Chris.

Chris said:
Clearly.

If the forums are such an issue for you, then don't bother posting. Everyone else seems to be getting on fine.

Chris.
I was only backing somebody up, but it normally only happens on here if you are in the clique so to speak and by the same people, lighten up.

And by the way i will continue to post on here until told otherwise.

and coming back with a comment of *ohhh touchy* when someone was pointing out why there was nothing wrong with a thread is a very worthwhile comment,

if anyone does not like what is being posted on here then dont reply to it,

yes you had an opinion which was backing up another forum member but people will disagree and have there own opinions about it, it may be the same people but if you are sick of this forum, like chris said, do not post on it.

no thread will have a post which 100% of Fans will agree with, unless its about how much of a Donkey McMorrow is :D :lol:

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
and coming back with a comment of *ohhh touchy* when someone was pointing out why there was nothing wrong with a thread is a very worthwhile comment,

if anyone does not like what is being posted on here then dont reply to it,

yes you had an opinion which was backing up another forum member but people will disagree and have there own opinions about it, it may be the same people but if you are sick of this forum, like chris said, do not post on it.

no thread will have a post which 100% of Fans will agree with, unless its about how much of a Donkey McMorrow is :D :lol:
Lets move on.

I would love to side with dave on this one too, because lately that aspect of this forum has got on my nerves. But el your post is a bit stupid, lol you dont need binoculars to spot the giant "L"s in our away game column.