Interview with big Patrick

Wannabe2

Love the cheeky smile when he says he will do whatever It takes to help the team, this young man is going to win he hearts of Devils fans, following Ware, MacWilliam, and Vother. Hope there's a 5 year contract being drawn up.Huge thank you to the best hockey organisation in the UK.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

zoesdevil

Probably the best Interview icetime ha e done, loved his response we to the question "Does anybody scare you"?

" Someone that scares me........Naaa, Naaa"!!!

Love this guy already!!! :Banana :pickle

Russky

Like Brad Voth before him, he will become a real fan favourite. He says the right things and seems a really down to earth guy. He certainly has a 'mischievous spark'. I think the 'big guys' of the league will be wary of him.

Have had a look at his fight card for those who are also in the EIHL.

Hendrikx, Rosehill, Fitzgerald plus tilts with Lepine, Sestito and Bissonette from recent EIHL appearances.

Wonder whether people will try to make a name and go for him or whether the Biz effect will happen and people will stay away. Sunday could be interesting

I was wondering how Sunday might go down. I reckon Rosehill might've tried to lay down an early marker, but his face is knackered so I doubt he will be fighting until his stitches are out.

Hendrikx may want to make a good first impression, but he'd be mad to try his luck with Bordeleau. I reckon he'll want a crack at Louis - his direct replacement.

BostonBart22

TommyDevil13 said:
I was wondering how Sunday might go down. I reckon Rosehill might've tried to lay down an early marker, but his face is knackered so I doubt he will be fighting until his stitches are out.

Hendrikx may want to make a good first impression, but he'd be mad to try his luck with Bordeleau. I reckon he'll want a crack at Louis - his direct replacement.
maybe hendo will have a pop at lordo, then batch will step up.

bdevil

I've also heard he's gunning for Lord. They've fought before in North America too. I'm not even sure Batch will need to step up, can see Lordo doing a job on Hendo to be honest, when that red mist comes down he's a scary bloke.

Have Hope#35

bdevil said:
I've also heard he's gunning for Lord. They've fought before in North America too. I'm not even sure Batch will need to step up, can see Lordo doing a job on Hendo to be honest, when that red mist comes down he's a scary bloke.
I'd heard this also... Lord & Hendrikx could happen! Great interview though, he'll be a character for sure.

Russky

well Hendo might have a 'bone to pick' with Lordo for 'letting him go' to Braehead, nothing against Braehead of course but perhaps he had envisaged another year with the Devils.

All of this is conjecture of course, but I cant see Lord letting himself get distracted from the gameplan for sundays tussle.

Johnnybravo1927

Have Hope#35 said:
bdevil said:
I'd heard this also... Lord & Hendrikx could happen! Great interview though, he'll be a character for sure.

Cant see Batch and Hendo fighting. Batch isnt a traditional enforcer and would have no real need to step up to Hendo. Hendo and Lord looks likely but Lord tends to avoid fighting these days as he had a previous concussion. I think Hendo will clash with Mark Louis but but will Louis really want his first outing to be against a former fans favourite? Hendo was and still is very popular at Cardiff. Cowick of Braehead is another tough character and wont shirk a fight

Electro

Interesting take on the AHL. I wonder how many more players coming out of the NHL, view the UK as being a more attractive option than the AHL.

There could be some interesting movement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil94

Johnnybravo1927 said:
Have Hope#35 said:
bdevil said:

Cant see Batch and Hendo fighting. Batch isnt a traditional enforcer and would have no real need to step up to Hendo. Hendo and Lord looks likely but Lord tends to avoid fighting these days as he had a previous concussion. I think Hendo will clash with Mark Louis but but will Louis really want his first outing to be against a former fans favourite? Hendo was and still is very popular at Cardiff. Cowick of Braehead is another tough character and wont shirk a fight
I don't think Louis will give a monkeys who Hendo is. He'll want to make a good first impression for the fans, so will Hendo at Clan. Can see this one happening. Similar scenario to Hendo v Plumton two years ago.

Don't like to think to much about the fights though, I'd rather the two points...

ASHIPP

Would actually hope there is no fighting in this first home game. Clan lost their last two games because of frustration and ill discipline......would like to think they can continue in that vein when the Devils keep forcing the Clan to make mistakes. ;)
This isn't a pre-season now. Would like to think our Guys can win with skill and toughness. Two points important against another league title challenger.

Russky

Re: Interview with big Patricko

I agree Ashipp, I enjoy a good scrap in a game, despite the NHLs efforts to sanitise the sport, but the overwhelming priority has to be for the Devils to get some wins and points on the board by playing good clean hard but fair hockey.

Leave the fighting to other teams' tough nuts, but its good to know we have the players who can step in when certain liberties get taken and the refs just stand back and let them go unpunished.

Devil94 said:
I don't think Louis will give a monkeys who Hendo is. He'll want to make a good first impression for the fans, so will Hendo at Clan. Can see this one happening. Similar scenario to Hendo v Plumton two years ago.

Don't like to think to much about the fights though, I'd rather the two points...
Agreed, makes no difference to Louis that Hendo used to be a Devil. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens though, I think Hendo will want to make some kind of mark in this game.

voth26

To be honest as much as I like Heno and as much as he's a fan favorite. If he goes for Lord based on the fact he didn't get a new contract I would expect Louis, batch or Bordeleau to step up and take the fight. if Lord takes the fight then I would expect some to step up and no choice Hendo later in the game assuming the points are safe., he is after all now a clan player