JEFF HUTCHINS

Oh. My. God. I can't actually believe some hockey "fans" across the league!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong because I think forums are great.... BUT.... the most irratating and stupid posts always start "I wasn't at the game so I'm not going to comment, BUT (***insert long 'comment'***)!!!!

Another classic case with the whole Jeff Hutchins thing!!!!! People making very public statements about what happened without even being there and making up really awful LIES! I'm not a doctor but even Sheffield fans must be pretty thick if they were to actually think he had a tracheostomy so someone must have enjoyed making that up!!!!

Also I'm really suprised that the government bother having judges and jurys in legal cases anymore....... there must be 100 Sheffield fans happy to act as judge and jury (clearly without needing to see ANY evidence)....... "my mate's nan's cousin's friend's cat's owner's sister's colleague was at the game and saw Petricko pull a knife from his skate and stabbed Jeff in the face resulting in him needing a tracheostomy so therefore he must be shot or at least banned for 250 games". If any Sheffield fan is reading this (insert joke about not being able to read....) then that is SARCASM.

It's very annoying.

gandl said:
Oh. My. God. I can't actually believe some hockey "fans" across the league!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong because I think forums are great.... BUT.... the most irratating and stupid posts always start "I wasn't at the game so I'm not going to comment, BUT (***insert long 'comment'***)!!!!

Another classic case with the whole Jeff Hutchins thing!!!!! People making very public statements about what happened without even being there and making up really awful LIES! I'm not a doctor but even Sheffield fans must be pretty thick if they were to actually think he had a tracheostomy so someone must have enjoyed making that up!!!!

Also I'm really suprised that the government bother having judges and jurys in legal cases anymore....... there must be 100 Sheffield fans happy to act as judge and jury (clearly without needing to see ANY evidence)....... "my mate's nan's cousin's friend's cat's owner's sister's colleague was at the game and saw Petricko pull a knife from his skate and stabbed Jeff in the face resulting in him needing a tracheostomy so therefore he must be shot or at least banned for 250 games". If any Sheffield fan is reading this (insert joke about not being able to read....) then that is SARCASM.

It's very annoying.
Oh and of course we hope that Jeff will be absolutely fine and wish him a speedy recovery

OK I want to say this:

I emailed MNL with the information I had at he time. WHICH WAS: Hutchins was hit shoulder on shoulder and ended up on the ice out cold. The information I got was that he was out cold, the doctors had to cut his throat as he swallowed his tongue. but was concious....

Paul was getting regular updates from A STEELERS FAN WHO WAS AT THE GAME.

samidevils said:
OK I want to say this:

I emailed MNL with the information I had at he time. WHICH WAS: Hutchins was hit shoulder on shoulder and ended up on the ice out cold. The information I got was that he was out cold, the doctors had to cut his throat as he swallowed his tongue. but was concious....

Paul was getting regular updates from A STEELERS FAN WHO WAS AT THE GAME.
Sorry a 'Fan' who made up the 'fact' that doctors had to "cut his throat" hence causing lots of distress to his family??????????

Rempel16

gandl said:
You forgot to mention that Brad Voth made Petricko do it!

Get well soon Jeff

Rempel16 said:
gandl said:
You forgot to mention that Brad Voth made Petricko do it!
HAHA SO funny, of course I'm really sorry, actually I should have said it was Brad dressed up as Petricko!!

drainage

Batman said:
Has anyone seen the video of the check on Hutchins and also i noticed on squealtalk that they wanted the game abandoned.
Someone also wished Trevor all the best and a speedy recovery - which seemed to cause confusion !!!

Bit extreme asking for a game to be abandoned but guessing the comments that implied the ice looked like something from an A & E ward prompted that. Looking at the panalities it doesnt appear to have been a bad (eg niggly) game - there are also a few people saying it was at worst a bad check or at least an unlucky one.

We have seen, unfortunately, players be stretchered off before bad tho it is its probably a bit extreme to call for the game to be abandoned.

And the comment on Steeltalk "whats the betting the video goes missing" - please get a grip !

Gazza272

Batman said:
who actually made the hit there does seem to be some confusion over that to.

Ryan Mahrle was the guy who made the hit, petriko and Criuckshank just had a few hand bags afterwards before they realised how hurt hutchins was.

Gazza272

Batman said:
do you think there has been an over reaction to this and did you go saturday Gaz

I wouldnt say there was an overreaction to this, fans thought they saw something at the game and reported accordingly. It is always a scary scene when a player goes down, they are usually percieved as very tough guys so when a game is delayed for 20 minutes i assume most fans would have assumed the worst, and i can certainly see why some fans though abandoning a game could be an option given that it seemed Hutchins was in a bad way (thank god he wasnt!)

I guess the lesson here is to wait for official words before assuming the worst.

And yeah i was there mate, you didnt miss that much apart from a great 3rd line performance on our part.

Don't shoot the messenger.

The information Paul got was from somone who was there, so I assumed that it was valid or at least (to be fair) what the person had seen/heard.

I thought I'd pass it on seeing as I thought devils fans would be interested in an incident (which we all know now as wrong).

James

Administrator
Thank goodness it was just misinformation. Now we know what happened, that Jeff is safe and recuperating and it wasn't Petriko with a fire axe or something, lets not lose sight of the fact Steelers were shut out 2-0 last night.

MNL got numerous reports of happennings at Newcastle but the only comments that were made public was the fact that Hutchins had been knocked out following a hit and an ambulance was awaited.

I did report that there was an un-confirmed report that he had swallowed his tongue I felt that it was right to include the other ionformation that came my way.

OJ

Tend to agree that this is just an unfortunate result of an incident with no malice behind it. The reporting of this seemed to get really out of hand very quickly. One good thing about being able to view these incidents so easily is that you can make up your own mind about them rather than sticking with the original reports.