Jeff Ulmer anyone??????????????????????????

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #1
Franfurt Lions have today it seems.... been put into liquidation and subsequently kicked out of the DEL, making Jeff and the rest of the team available to sign!!!

Finny

We've finished all the signings of our forwards though. And I think it would be wrong to sack a player before he has even laced up his skates for us. Our reputation was damaged during the Bob years and whilst we seem to be quickly building it back up - something like that would knock it down again.

Plus I can't see Ulmer having to worry about finding a new team - they will be queuing up in the top European teams to sign a player of his quality.

Finny said:
We've finished all the signings of our forwards though. And I think it would be wrong to sack a player before he has even laced up his skates for us. Our reputation was damaged during the Bob years and whilst we seem to be quickly building it back up - something like that would knock it down again.

Plus I can't see Ulmer having to worry about finding a new team - they will be queuing up in the top European teams to sign a player of his quality.
Given some of the goings on at the end of last season, the building up of the reputation isn't going too smoothly.

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #4
Finny said:

Oh dear!!! This was a tongue in cheek post, never at anytime was I implying that we should sign him,let alone 'sack' any players, we couldn't afford the top scorer in the DEL even if we still had to fill our 1st line centre position.
You're quite right in your view that Ulmer will have teams 'queing around the block' for his services
but my post was merely to stimulate a little 'nostalgic comment' about a player who in my view was the best forward to play for the devils post ISL and one of the best players to 'ice' in the EIHL period!!

Finny

Ejercito Rojas said:
You're quite right in your view that Ulmer will have teams 'queing around the block' for his services
but my post was merely to stimulate a little 'nostalgic comment' about a player who in my view was the best forward to play for the devils post ISL and one of the best players to 'ice' in the EIHL period!!
Apologies, didn't realise you meant it that way.
But yeh - probably the best player to play in the EIHL - on form I'd rate him better than Theo. A goal and assist a game for the 9 games he was here. Absolutely outstanding talent.

Finny

nmase20 said:
Given some of the goings on at the end of last season, the building up of the reputation isn't going too smoothly.
Like what? Miller having a moan on facebook?
That wasn't really that bad was it?

miller wouldn't be the only player having issues, there are a couple others that have walked away not overly impressed with their experience at the devils. Im not going to go into any more detail of who and what before asked as I don't think its my place to go into all the details.

voth26

I think that sometimes players leave a club not entirely happy with their time there, happens at all clubs not just the devils. usually find the players haven't had their best season or a difference of opinon with the coach and it becomes the clubs fault and the players forget they may have contributed to the situation !!

Rempel16

Panina Salsiccia said:
nmase20 said:
Im not going to go into any more detail of who and what before asked as I don't think its my place to go into all the details.
Then why bring it up?
Agreed, nobody needs to know that there are/were any specific unhappiness amongst players leaving the club unless further info is going to be given. It just seems very malicious and tactical and could be based on absolutely no foundation.

Posts like that suggest an agenda against the club imo. Although I don't belive that Nmase is of this way inclined, it can easily be construed in this way.

i knew that was going to be said when I came out without, however, I don't really see why if I say something that means I have to give the full detail behind it? And I don't feel it is my place to go giving all of the details, you can say then I shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't see a problem with it.
If someone says the club is working on repairing its reputation and I know differently, i'm not just going to say nothing just because I cant go and give all of the details. Maybe you think I should but thats a difference of opinion.
I definitely do not have any agenda against the club and was extremely disappointed when I found out that some players left not very happy.

Rempel16

nmase20 said:
i knew that was going to be said when I came out without, however, I don't really see why if I say something that means I have to give the full detail behind it? And I don't feel it is my place to go giving all of the details, you can say then I shouldn't say anything at all, but I don't see a problem with it.
If someone says the club is working on repairing its reputation and I know differently, i'm not just going to say nothing just because I cant go and give all of the details. Maybe you think I should but thats a difference of opinion.
I definitely do not have any agenda against the club and was extremely disappointed when I found out that some players left not very happy.
But by not releasing the info you leave yourself open to being accused of fabrication. The only reputation damage that the club has received has come in the form of you suggesting it.

If you had said nothing then there wouldn't be a question mark over the club's reputation.

To narrow down the players, all but two of those not returning (Miller excluded) spent more than one season with us, that's how bad their experience was :roll:

Finny

I know Jamie Hayes' dad had a hissy fit on THF - but other than he and Miller I can't think of who else would have left with bad feeling towards the club?

ASHIPP

And just as important, there are usually two sides to every story. Perhaps those players, for whatever reason, were not seen as part of the Devils' plans this season. Most normal folk don't have a god-given right to a re-newed contract - and that includes sportsmen. Even more true if they haven't performed as expected, or behaved as expected if they represent their club.

Well then I do apologise, if in future I have information but don't feel I can disclose the full details I will simply say nothing at all. Although I don't believe what I said was an I know something you don't know scenario.