Jim Mannings

Earnie

Sad business Terry. He and Gill were Devils fans from the very beginning. I took them to Nottingham Playoff Finals for many many years until it was no longer practical for him.
His cheery conversations and hand shakes will be missed by many.

Martynwo

Very well respected and liked person, always had a smile and a shake of his hand to
anyone. I'll miss him, love to his family and close friends.

One of the best people I have ever known. Was lucky to spend a lot of time with Jim when he trained me to box. He gave up a lot of his time to do that and taught me more than boxing. See you on the other side, Jim Bach.

moggy#9

Not only was Jim hugely like by everyone, he was hugely respected. If on an away trip someone was acting like an ass, a quiet word from Jim and they'd start behaving. I'm pretty sure that it was Jim who got us picking up our mess at Tilburg and made the staff there realise that we didn't need to be caged in. Losing heather a few months ago and now Jim are very bitter pills to swallow for anyone who has been around the club since the early days. RIP

Wannabe2

So sad, Jim was truly a real gent, lovely human being, and was certainly a Mans Man, he always had time for others and was a real fans favourite down the rink, including the players who respected each other. Jim was a real fanatical Devils fan, and his enthusiasm certainly rubbed off on others. This lovely man will be missed by so many people, to meet Jim was a pleasure, to know him was a pure Joy. R.I.P. Jim and thank you for the lovely experience of knowing you.

Paul Sullivan

Sorry for the fairly long post, and I have put this on social media but my thoughts on Jim:

I have only known for a few hours, and have been trying to process the news. I am bereft by the loss of Jim Mannings to Cardiff, Wales and the larger community.

We often hear these days how the word 'legend' is overused. Frankly, it doesn't do that man justice.
I knew Jim for 30 years. Shared many Scottish double headers with him and watched him try and take (far too many) young ladies 'to Barry Island' with his tray and bouncing lap..

Newer devils fans wlll never know or understand the depth of this man's character, generosity, and love of life.
I was privileged to have sung the Welsh Anthem at many venues and hockey games. What most Devils fans won't know is that, 30 years ago when I was a clueless teenager, Jim was the man who taught me both the words and pronunciation of our Anthem. I will, for that, forever be in his debt.

A formidable force in his prime, some of us got to see him coaching Stephen Cooper (and others) on fighting. He told me that, of his 14 heavyweight fights for Wales, he only regretted one.... His loss to an Englishman.
Jim was a man who took great pride in his country, but not to the point of arrogance. Merely a simple and deep-seated love for Wales. He was the Devils fans' Devils fan, also.

When, as a youngster, he discovered I could not afford to go the Tillburg Euro matches, he didn't hesitate to offer to pay for me. He gave me pristine work shirts when I didn't have the money for them, and never once asked for anything in return.
Our great Club is forever weakened by his absence, but moreover a great man has passed. There are few of his quality, and I doubt I will ever see his like again. My thoughts and love go out to his ever-tolerant wife, his loving daughters, and all who knew him.

God Bless you and keep you Jim. RIP.

BostonBart22

Today is Jims funeral , can we all as a devils family take time sometime today to reflect on his time we all knew him as a true Devils fan and remember his family left behind...R.I.P. Jim

Wannabe2

Well the sun shone on one of our favourite sons, and a very good turn out in these difficult times, loads of Devils shirts showing their utmost respect for a MAN that was a pure joy to know and to learn from. Goodnight Sir Manning and god bless to all the family, lovely to see so many fans lining both sides of the road and hopefully it helped in a small way.

dave

What a great turn out for Jim this afternoon, as Wannabe says the sun was shinning and was lovely to see not only Devils tops but tops from a load of other Cardiff based teams as he was there for us all. Good night god bless Jim and Thank you, you have no idea what a wonderful legacy you leave for us.