Josh Batch

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #1
What the hell has Josh Batch gotta do to get into the GB squad??? Unbelievable!!
A big body with a great skill set that can play as a forward or on defence, a guy with a big heart, a team player that sticks up for his team mates who has proved he can play on big ice against top European opponents.
I am absolutely dumbfounded how 3or 4 of those named in Pete Russell‘s squad are even on the bus!!
Oh well, their loss!
Big congratulations to Bowns, Mosey, Duggan and Myers tho!

Last edited:

moggy#9

I
What the hell has Josh Batch gotta do to get into the GB squad??? Unbelievable!!
A big body with a great skill set that can play as a forward or on defence, a guy with a big heart, a team player that sticks up for his team mates who has proved he can play on big ice against top European opponents.
I am absolutely dumbfounded how 3or 4 of those named in Pete Russell‘s squad are even on the bus!!
Oh well, their loss!
Big congratulations to Bowns, Mosey, Duggan and Myers tho!
I agree that batch deserved a call, but I'm pleased for duggan. I suspect that his season in Sweden has pushed him over the top and I'm expecting amazing things from him when he's back in a devils shirt.

kingmo19.1

I guess it depends on what position you feel Josh is entitled to occupy in the team.

Gotta say, I prefer him paying D as I think he makes the team in that position.

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #5
I guess it depends on what position you feel Josh is entitled to occupy in the team.

Gotta say, I prefer him paying D as I think he makes the team in that position.
I Don’t think I mentioned anything about ’entitlement‘, just a disbelief that he didn’t make the squad.
Like you I believe Josh is definitely good enough to play D within that squad and streets ahead of his namesake who has made the squad.
I wasn’t going to name names but there you go.
This may all be irrelevant as Josh may have made himself unavailable!

ASHIPP

Congratulations to the Devils players making the GB squad. The mystery surrounding Josh Batch non-selection continues to anger and frustrate. The Guy showed his real mettle during the last season. Guessing Tetlow impressed and matured when he he went abroad this year. Still think they are going to miss Batchy's versatility and maturity.

We are starting to see a transitional period now of younger players being trialled at this level. Some of our GB veterans will be coming up for retirement in the next couple of years. With the absence of stalwarts like Richie, it will be interesting to see who will be the calming, experienced presence on the D corps for Team GB. After all, they will be playing against the best in the world.

moggy#9

Congratulations to the Devils players making the GB squad. The mystery surrounding Josh Batch non-selection continues to anger and frustrate. The Guy showed his real mettle during the last season. Guessing Tetlow impressed and matured when he he went abroad this year. Still think they are going to miss Batchy's versatility and maturity.

We are starting to see a transitional period now of younger players being trialled at this level. Some of our GB veterans will be coming up for retirement in the next couple of years. With the absence of stalwarts like Richie, it will be interesting to see who will be the calming, experienced presence on the D corps for Team GB. After all, they will be playing against the best in the world.
I've got to be honest, this year's world championships worry me. So many of the team are barely match fit that I wonder how the team will keep up, let alone compete. The first game against Russia, who have had pretty much a normal season, could be brutal. The loss of Richie isn't going to help.

Rempel16

I've got to be honest, this year's world championships worry me. So many of the team are barely match fit that I wonder how the team will keep up, let alone compete. The first game against Russia, who have had pretty much a normal season, could be brutal. The loss of Richie isn't going to help.
I share this concern to an extent, but on the plus side, this is a great opportunity to give game exposure to some younger guys, show them what they're facing next year, when relegation comes back into play.

moggy#9

I share this concern to an extent, but on the plus side, this is a great opportunity to give game exposure to some younger guys, show them what they're facing next year, when relegation comes back into play.
You're right, I just wouldn't want to see the Russians humiliate some of these kids and destroy their confidence. That said, some of them could possibly learn more from that one game than an entire season domestically.