Juniors/Devils Community Foundation

Kipper

Thread starter #1
I hope the parents of junior ice hockey players in Cardiff vote for a clean break from the Paul Ragan era and consign the discredited Devils Community Foundation to the dustbin of history. This charade of a charity has no place besmirching the name of Cardiff Devils under their new ownership. Parents, I urge you to elect a committee to run your own affairs with transparency and honesty. Ask why the DCF still owes Planet Ice thousands of pounds for ice time that you have already paid for through your monthly fees. Where has all the money gone? Why have some Cardiff Devils players been paid their wages from the DCF bank account. It is money that the parents paid into the DCF for their children's ice time not to be used to subsidise the professional team.

I can't imagine Ice Arena Wales letting the DCF anywhere near their new facility. Use the next 12 months to set the junior section up properly for the benefit of the kids before the move to the new rink.

Mooney#16

This is such a pivotal time for the juniors. So many kids to be affected when all they want to do is play. A committee is great and the correct course to bring honesty and transparency to the running of the club. It would be great to also keep close non financial links to the Devils as kids love that goal to strive for. Lastly though let some hockey people in. There are some talented people in Cardiff who can help and develop these players. They don't want parent interference and politics though and it doesn't help. The kids need a competitive system always having questions asked and being encouraged to learn the sport and it's required skills on ice and as a team player. Teach them it's not about first line dangling but about team work and working your way to your goals. If you have skills use and develop them constantly but always looking to learn new ones especially skating.

Sorry. Bit ranty. But yes what kip said.

Couldn't agree more than what's already been said but I fear there are too many parents who prefer things as they are because their kids get preferential treatment. It is time to get rid of Ragan from controlling anything to do with the Juniors.
There is a meeting tonight to elect a new committee and he has nominated himself and his cronies for most positions.
I urge all parents to attend and vote to get rid of them all.
There are decent people who would step up and be on the committee if Ragan and his cronies weren't involved.
If the parents don't do it now then the Juniors are doomed once the new rink is built as there would be no ice time available to them because of Ragan.
PLEASE KICK HIM OUT FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING THE JUNIORS NOW !!!!

mazza03 said:
Wouldn't it be good if SK and TK took over :)

I am sure they have enough to contend with at the moment but as Rogue said they won't get ice time in new arena whilst Ragan is involved so it will all be sorted in next 12 months, the parents have the ability to sort it now rather than later by getting rid

Foxy

Really hope the parents see sense and stand up to Ragan and his cronies.

Im sure there are plenty of honest hard working people in the fold that can step up to the plate. Now is the time to do it or your stuck for at least another 12 months

Mooney#16

Not in a conventional sense. I believe rec only allows player reg over 18 given all the restrictions of duty of care to youngsters. There are also restrictions of having qualified coaches in games playing youth players. It's a mine field. There is no sanctioned rec youth section or league so it's EIHA junior or nothing.

There is however nothing preventing a new club being established and after the relevant checks and procedures adhered to getting EIHA accreditation and competing in the junior section.

The red tape of hockey in this country is farcical. The idea of pick up is just a bust. Everyone seems to have to be insured, registered and within draconian guidelines. It allows the idiots within the sport to preach and control. Oddly enough they are always crap players as well. Go figure. Politics and hockey.

As i have posted previously, cardiff junior ice hockey club was formed when we left the old w.n.i.r.. it was set up by people who did not have kids playing in the junior section ( kip were
you involved ? . all fixtures were fulfilled plus sponsorship came in, junior hockey continued in cardiff due to hard working people,
Move on with new people who might not have kids playing as with the current DCF set up
where politics is ripe, favourtism etc,

Mooney#16

The only saving grace I can offer people is there are a generation of parents who having reached the age of having kids are now beginning to turn their attention towards the juniors. This generation is filled with guys who have played the game and have the skills and experience to pass on. They know the team dynamics required to be successful and above all else know how to have fun in the game.

Guys who will be dedicated to coaching the right way and rewarding the kids for trying to do their best not showboating on natural skill. No point winning if you can't do it as a team. These are guys with big personalities who have never backed down on the ice and won't from outside interference with the teams. Many a pushy parent may be in for a shock over the next few years. No help now but if the guys I've discussed this with come to the party I see good things for the kids in the long run. No help now unfortunately and may be a pipe dream but guys who are products of the system do care about reinvesting.

Foxy

rogue123 said:
Unfortunately the parents decided to stick with Ragan.
It's a sad day for the Juniors :cry:
Then they get all they deserve. Feel sorry for the other parents who now have to put up with Ragan.

He's not chairman but still a trustee which I didn't vote in. The voting was rubbish as it was all done by asking and then counting how many arms were in the air.
Can someone answer me this, why does the DCF have to be run as a charity why can't it be or run as a club?

Foxy said:
rogue123 said:
Unfortunately the parents decided to stick with Ragan.
It's a sad day for the Juniors :cry:
Then they get all they deserve. Feel sorry for the other parents who now have to put up with Ragan.
Like a massive admin charge, wonder where that money actually goes? Trustee :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Finny

So what does Ragan's role as a trustee actually mean?

In the past the 50/50 has gone towards the DCF. Should we now consider ending this?

Finny said:

In the past the 50/50 has gone towards the DCF. Should we now consider ending this?
Pretty certain there will be no volunteers to sell these tickets if Ragan has anything to do with deciding where the funds are spent, therefore DCF income will be the subs the parents pay for ice time which should go to PI but once the admin fees are 'deducted' will there be enough to pay PI?

wildthing74

Finny said:

That's exactly what I said to a certain member of CDRA earlier who I know pretty well! I agree at least control can be made over the whole 50 percent in accounting where it goes.Questions will remain if PR has any control over the 25 percent the DCF now gets.

I'm sure after discussion with relevant parties the CDRA will do what's right.I can't speak for them obviously but certainly this changes things considering recent events involving our former owner and monies.