Justin Sawyer Beefs up the blue line

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
<<LINK>>

Well that should keep everyone happy with what G promised we would have a no nonsense D man to help Voth out!

Very encouraging that he was an A for his team last season, obviously takes a regular shift. And isnt aafraid to drop them.

Good news :D

Finny

Me thinks wannabe2 has just had a mini 'crisis'! :lol:

Well with Voth and Sawyer in the line-up we certainly aren't going to be bullied this season. And I always felt it was important that if we signed another fighter they would be able to ice a regular shift too which certain others players in the league wouldn't be able to do.

We are starting to look pretty good, can't wait for the season to start now!

Rempel16

Check this guy out on a well known website, he's fought pretty much every tough guy the league has to offer.

He can play a bit too. I think we're right in the mix with this signing, and have to give credit where it's due. I was very sceptical before the announcement of Matzka and now this. Now, I take it back and think we could be contenders come March.

Very excited by this signing!

James

Administrator
Great news. He's proven himself against most of this coming seasons enforcers and unlike some of them appears to be able to play hockey as well.

Well played G

Excellent signing IMHO - looks like he was on a lot of the Coventry Fans' wish list too - at 6'6" and 240lbs, he is going to have a big presence about it - and to be recommended by "our Captian" this season tells me that we have picked up just what we were looking for.

Now just one more piece of the jigsaw to find.

Starting to get excited now for the new season :)

Ger-Devils

Very happy with this signing and looking forward to the season more with the news that we have another tough guy.

The good thing is, he can play a bit and will toughen our D up quite a bit! Will be interesting to see who our 1st dman will be!

Great signing proper heavyweight toughguy to patrol defensive line, Is this guy also a good hitter? cause if he is he gunna love our small rink and other teams forwards are gunna hate the corners. :D

Very happy the Devils brought a guy like Sawyer into the EIHL.... This guy loves to fight and knows what the fans like to see... He will probable be your main enforcer next season, allowing Voth to play his game more...

Devils are clearly the toughest team in the league at the minute and have a real good mix of skill and toughness this season... They should be fun to watch for sure...

oneill said:
Very happy the Devils brought a guy like Sawyer into the EIHL.... This guy loves to fight and knows what the fans like to see... He will probable be your main enforcer next season, allowing Voth to play his game more...

Devils are clearly the toughest team in the league at the minute and have a real good mix of skill and toughness this season... They should be fun to watch for sure...

+1 Agree Devils are the toughest team so far

ASHIPP

Now we're getting serious! :twisted: Justin looks like he is a solid dman and can seriously offer player protection. The Devils will certainly not be taking prisoners next season! Imagine meeting HIM on the blue line, if you are a forward for the opposition! Thankgoodness Ryan (Finnerty) was able to use his powers of persuasion! And well done G, again :cool:

Welcome to Cardiff, Justin - think you are already a fan favorite! :cool:

PCS

He has from with some of the other tough guys in the league and all :D

1 fight against Penner
1 against Stayzer
3 against Bernier

Koop11

Nice! Every team needs a tough guy IMO and Sawyer fits the bill. I’m pleased not just from the physical element of his game but the fact our current defensive line up needed a typical blue liner to balance it out.

Plenty of size, willing to drop the gloves (29 fights last year!!!), and a leader also. Anyone who comes highly recommended from our Captain Finnerty must be a good guy in the locker room. Another sign of Gerad focusing on team players and leadership throughout the squad.

This signing of course opens Voth to play some more hockey instead of being targeted all game and being forced into penalties. I hope this will be the catalyst for Voth to find his superb all round game which for a number of reasons last year seemed to ebb and flow.

Last year we signed the best team we’ve ever had at this level. Depending on out final import signing, I think Gerad might have gone one better this season.

Welcome to Cardiff Mr Sawyer. Looking forward to seeing you on the ice.

wildthing74

On paper sounds a top signing and exaclty what we need.Fair play,I would be more than happy for us to get any guy on the recomendation of our captain.
Be good to see Brad allowed to play more next year without the added pressure of being the top fighter too.
I would hate to play against anybody 6 feet 6 in our little rink.No place to hide and should make for an interesting season looking at the roster we have so far signed up.
We already look by far stronger than the squad we had last year and would be great to think we can at least challenge for the title this time.All we need is our road form back.

I gotta say that I was hoping that Soyz was on Adams' shortlist as he seems to fit the bill on so many different levels. I look forward to see him renew a few old aquaintances this season!
In the words of Billy Vandermeer 'this guy aint afraid of nobody' and thats high praise indeed coming from a Vandermeer!
well happy with this signing!! :D

Chris

Administrator
This is the first signing to actually make me slightly excited for next season.

Be interesting to see how Voth plays with this guy behind him.

Chris.