Kelly gone? - Club Restructure

ASHIPP

Ocko said:
Belfast manage a very successful business run by Todd Kelman, who I think is the only full time employee. If you have someone passionate enough with a bit of help from fans (which the Devils dont utilise enough IMO) it could be a smart business move. Maybe not a popular one as someone is out of a job. But havent people been saying how badly sponsors were treated and how we've lost many loyal sponsors because of a lack of communication? Sadly this is Kelly's job, if a star forward isnt scoring goals you would want them replaced. If our lead on sponsors has lost us contacts and we are suffering financially then it falls under the same category.
Giants are a success story (although they do have 2 advantages 1. A superb home. 2. They are virtually the only sporting show in town and with a large fanbase) - and amazing that they can do this with very few club employed personnel. But this actually illustrates the strength and value of fans/volunteers. :cool:
Am sure if PR and the club publically requested help from Devils' fans, they would get it. There are plenty of people out there who would willingly help out if required.

James

Administrator
Chris said:
I don't think fans are unwilling to help the club, just recently we had a topic about the club producing a poster and the fans then having access to that to put up where they worked, or at events they went to, I know the club were contacted about that but it fell on deaf ears... again...

Chris.
In all fairness they did produce a poster. That's what the 'exciting' news that the 'devils insider' email letter was about.

Chris

Administrator
Aha, not seen that :)

Won't edit my post, but let's hope they keep the posters coming and they actually work then!

Chris.

TheStub

Not to be cynical, but don't they email the poster a few days before the game? It needs a bit more time.

What was proposed was a monthly poster so people can plan ahead.

Ocko

skippy said:
Maybe its all being outsourced to the far east ? ( Joke )
Maybe they'll set up a call centre too, we may not be able to understand them but at least our calls will get answered, which would be an improvement on the current office!!

Finny

Gethin Jenkins has just left his post as Cardiff City FC CEO. I guess we can dream until tomorrow that he will be taking over - unfortunately he is far too good (and probably expensive) for us.

Finny said:
Gethin Jenkins has just left his post as Cardiff City FC CEO. I guess we can dream until tomorrow that he will be taking over - unfortunately he is far too good (and probably expensive) for us.
Perhaps you could do the jobs in your spare time Finny,between writing match reports, programme articles, doing the stats helping with SORAC watching CCFC and holding down a full time job, you may even get a free season ticket and then you can spend even more time on THF defending why you get a season ticket :lol: :lol:

Finny said:
Can't we part ex a secret millionaire ? :lol:

DevilDom

James said:
Chris said:
I don't think fans are unwilling to help the club, just recently we had a topic about the club producing a poster and the fans then having access to that to put up where they worked, or at events they went to, I know the club were contacted about that but it fell on deaf ears... again...

Chris.
In all fairness they did produce a poster. That's what the 'exciting' news that the 'devils insider' email letter was about.
I signed up for the Devils insider and never received the email. When was it sent? :?

At this rate with staff going, sponsors falling by the wayside, fans kept in the dark, will we last till xmas :?: nothing positive at the moment from the management,
a lot of false promises again,

Ger-Devils

Can't you wait until tomorrow's announcement before any doom and gloom?

In my view, change was needed in some places and now they move on.

We've been in similar situations over the years- yes I haven't been following as long as many but there's always been an on ice product for us to watch.

Re: Kelly gone?

TheStub said:
I really hope she hasn't gone - she's the only one who seems to do anything. She may be "Commercial Manager" but she was the only one who ever seems to respond to questions, or actually do anything.
Very much this!!!! She will be sorely missed!

Russky

It is somewhat worrying that two people have been 'released from their roles' within the Devils organisation, irrespective of the personalities involved and their contribution to keep the Devils organisation 'ticking over'!

I am not wanting to speculate at this time on anything as such speculation can be so damaging on various levels! I have heard various contradictory rumours already and I wont repeat them hear as we all have to be careful as to what we post about what rumours we have heard, before long it will spiral out of control like chinese whispers! Lets Keep the faith in the Devils until we are told otherwise!

Gazza272

Thread starter #38
I'll reserve judgement on this until such time we get a release tomorrow to find out whats going on.

My guess is that Brent And Stevie Lyle will be picking up some extra roles. But reading the release i'm guessing we cant afford anyone full time?

All very sad, at the moment though. Very little good news off ice in the last 6 months or so :(

As has already been said Belfast do well with volunteers but have had continuity with their volunteers.

The Devils were ok with volunteers in the past, obviously Bob alienated some and then most of the remaining ones felt a bit disgruntled during Matt's tenure. During Matt's time the volunteers were mostly replaced by Employees, great if the club can afford it and if the employees perform.

Paul Ragan inherited these employees and they have now mostly departed. If the roles are to be filled with volunteers, there would need to be an employee to co ordinate them. No matter what Ragan's or Simon's strengths are, I don't believe having the humility to deal with volunteers comes high in their skill sets.

It will be a difficult transition back to volunteers, the volunteers already put money in to the club with their support and once again they would be giving their time. It is also the case, as some of my SORAC friends will confirm, that the closer you get to the club the more your enjoyment of the sport diminishes.

The worrying thing is that there are no indians and only a Chief and Brent, I know Brent has always worked hard at the club at all levels but how long can he keep double shifting ?. The club have now lost the bigger wage earners ( Shannon and Simon ) and all of the back office staff from last season. Surely the club can stretch to a good quality co-ordinator to arrange all of the volunteers and hopefully, as a proven businessman Paul Ragan can see this

I hope I am wrong but I fear tough times ahead for the club and the League

Wannabe2

lets go joe said:
At this rate with staff going, sponsors falling by the wayside, fans kept in the dark, will we last till xmas :?: nothing positive at the moment from the management,
a lot of false promises again,
Who are you dude you joined 1 month ago and post negative vibes, whats your take. Come on who are you and what have you to offer.