Kelly gone? - Club Restructure

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
So Got a text from the rink this evening saying that word is that Kelly the Commercial manager has left?

Did anyone at the game hear the same? Not good news if true, With crowds down I thought we would have needed as much commercial help we could get.

Although it could be a resignation for a better job etc.

But anyway just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard anything similar?

Apologies if this is another vicious rumour mongering on the inferno. I'm just not close enough to ask these questions on game night at the minute :)

Re: Kelly gone?

Gazza272 said:
So Got a text from the rink this evening saying that word is that Kelly the Commercial manager has left?

Did anyone at the game hear the same? Not good news if true, With crowds down I thought we would have needed as much commercial help we could get.

Although it could be a resignation for a better job etc.

But anyway just throwing it out there to see if anyone else had heard anything similar?

Apologies if this is another vicious rumour mongering on the inferno. I'm just not close enough to ask these questions on game night at the minute :)
I have heard the same aswell.

Skippy

Not saying don't talk about things just please try and be a bit sensitive as its peoples jobs that are being talked about

TheStub

I really hope she hasn't gone - she's the only one who seems to do anything. She may be "Commercial Manager" but she was the only one who ever seems to respond to questions, or actually do anything.

Gospel

A mate of mine spoken to one of the office staff tonight and he said that Kelly has left, dont know why though.

Np86 said:
Can anyone confirm if Paul Sullivan is still working in the office?
I'm pretty sure Paul posted on here a while ago to say he was no longer in the office. Haven't seen anything to suggest this has changed.

Devils Restructuring Statement.

Cardiff Devils CEO Paul Ragan confirmed this morning that both Kelly Reardon-Brown and Simon Hodgkinson have left the Devils organisation.

It was decided that a fresh approach was needed in order to combat a decline in sponsorship and boost club finances. Ragan said, "Kelly is a great girl and has worked extremely hard for the club since joining. We will miss her and we wish her all the very best for her future."

Ragan also spoke of his sadness at the resignation of his Operations Director: "Simon has been a rock for the club, his loyalty towards the Cardiff Devils and myself personally is something that I will miss greatly. When I took on the Devils in 2010, it was on the basis of a solid budget and I was reassured the business was stable; sufficient enough to ensure that jobs would be protected. Following my first season and in particular the need for restructure this summer, we simply have to secure the club's financial future. Regrettably, we cannot afford the remuneration I would like to be able to afford to keep the quality of Simon's services."

"Simon was a real asset for the Devils and a pleasure to work alongside and I truly wish him and his new wife Bel a great future together."

Brent Pope, Head of the Devils Community Foundation and former General Manager of the Club added, "We are all saddened by these losses, but understand why for all parties they are necessary. We have plans in place to ensure operations going forward are affected as little as possible. It is planned that with a change in strategy for sales and with the promise of a new permanent home now at last on the horizon, the club can move away from it's chequered history of financial mismanagement. These are difficult decisions for all concerned today but necessary for the club to financially move forward."

so sorry for Kelly bet they didnt give her any notice either to line up a new position, wonder where they will get their next slave from for even less money.

ASHIPP

Understand the need to re-structure in order to secure finances in this difficult climate - there are going to be casualties and that makes very sad reading. Particularly as both people involved worked very hard and were loyal to the club.
Wishing them all the best in the future. Wonder who/if there will be new personnel?

Ocko

Belfast manage a very successful business run by Todd Kelman, who I think is the only full time employee. If you have someone passionate enough with a bit of help from fans (which the Devils dont utilise enough IMO) it could be a smart business move. Maybe not a popular one as someone is out of a job. But havent people been saying how badly sponsors were treated and how we've lost many loyal sponsors because of a lack of communication? Sadly this is Kelly's job, if a star forward isnt scoring goals you would want them replaced. If our lead on sponsors has lost us contacts and we are suffering financially then it falls under the same category.

Ocko said:
But havent people been saying how badly sponsors were treated and how we've lost many loyal sponsors because of a lack of communication? Sadly this is Kelly's job, if a star forward isnt scoring goals you would want them replaced. If our lead on sponsors has lost us contacts and we are suffering financially then it falls under the same category.
I think you will find most sponsors were unhappy at their treat at the hands of Simon not Kelly!

Chris

Administrator
Belfast manage a very successful business run by Todd Kelman, who I think is the only full time employee. If you have someone passionate enough with a bit of help from fans (which the Devils dont utilise enough IMO) it could be a smart business move. Maybe not a popular one as someone is out of a job. But havent people been saying how badly sponsors were treated and how we've lost many loyal sponsors because of a lack of communication? Sadly this is Kelly's job, if a star forward isnt scoring goals you would want them replaced. If our lead on sponsors has lost us contacts and we are suffering financially then it falls under the same category.
Can we come back from this though?

I'll probably get lynched for saying this, but since Ragan took over a lot of sponsors, volunteers and fans appear to have been badly treated or whatever the wording there should be.

Perhaps with the changes this week Ragan can start looking towards the successful clubs such as Nottingham and now Belfast, I would have said Coventry but their fans don't seem so happy at all the off ice staff they have, they also seem to be suffering a little bit recently.

I don't think fans are unwilling to help the club, just recently we had a topic about the club producing a poster and the fans then having access to that to put up where they worked, or at events they went to, I know the club were contacted about that but it fell on deaf ears... again...

Chris.