Lack of atmosphere

RedDevil17

Watch this vid and keep your eye on the FANS. The majority of the time the fans in this vid get up and cheer. Some hits are old and some are recent. Compare it to tonight after the game because I highly doubt there’ll be much physicality in tonight’s game even though it’s against a rival. It’s come to the point you know what to expect. Coventry will outhit us tonight AT HOME I have no doubt about it. Not expecting goon hitting and fighting every week but mixing it up with both skill and physicality would get the atmosphere going!

Last edited:

august04

Watch this vid and keep your eye on the fans. The majority of the time the fans in this vid get up and cheer. Some hits are old and some are recent. Compare it to tonight after the game because I highly doubt there’ll be much physicality in tonight’s game even though it’s against a rival. It’s come to the point you know what to expect. Coventry will outhit us tonight AT HOME I have no doubt about it
I suggest you stop living in the past. Hockey has changed and those days have gone....

RedDevil17

The atmosphere has been very dull so far. Why didn’t anyone step in after the Hache hit?? You gotta have your teammates back. Teams are getting away with murder against us and we’re letting it happen. If we had ware they wouldn’t go near us never mind try that. The game needs a fight anyway but someone had to do something. Unacceptable. I’d much rather take a 5 minute fighting major plus an extra 10 minute instigator rather than see one of our players out injured! Could’ve been a serious injury, luckily it wasnt. Does anyone know who it was that got hit??

Oh and Tom Darnell and Matt Rose should never referee an EIHL game again. Absolute disgraceful ‘refereeing’

Last edited:

The_Puck

It must be said, the same music being played all the time doesn’t help the atmosphere at all. Every time there’s a stoppage I can almost predict what song is going to be played. Sort it out DJ!!!

I think you can look at the likes of MK who have a small but noisy coordinated hardcore of fans as an example. You get them together in the same space , coordinate a few distinctive but easily identifiable chants and a distinctive personality and it goes from there. People who want to be involved in that will gravitate to other like minded fans. I see this happening now at Cardiff blues games with the 'Blues Brothers' in the corner of the lower south terrace, flags, a drum, a bit of cheeky banter with the oppo players/ fans and making a racket.what happened to the likes of devils classics such as 'HOTTER THAN HELL' and 'Stevey Lyle is magic' for example?

Milky

I said this but Paul Sullivan just laughs at me when I suggest music or songs,

Same old crap is boring.
Quite a few of the songs are good to be fair but you’re right you if look around there is a very limited response from the crowd at times.

I must admit for a team that rightly promotes its Welshness, I find it amazing that we never ever play anything by the Manics or Stereophonics; two of the biggest and most iconic welsh bands ever and the type of music perfectly suited for ice hockey.

Anyway, improving our period break music would be nice but is not top of the list of things we need to fix.