Lacosta forced to retire!

Skippy

Gospel said:
Dan gets hit 3 times in half a season, Joe get deliberately hit on Sunday. What have we done about it??? Answer is very bloody little!

To say its unfortunate is a joke. We have to be better at protecting our nettie and so do the officials. If the officials dont deal with it then the players should.
Didn't several players go after Jensen after the hit on Joe ?

Gospel

skippy said:
Gospel said:
Dan gets hit 3 times in half a season, Joe get deliberately hit on Sunday. What have we done about it??? Answer is very bloody little!

To say its unfortunate is a joke. We have to be better at protecting our nettie and so do the officials. If the officials dont deal with it then the players should.

I think it was Blight who had Jensen, but what about Dan? Bit late to try and close the gate after the horse has bolted resulting in our No1 NM having to retire.

BostonBart22

yeah blight gave jensen what for after running joe, thats what should have happened to limpdick when he ran dan, another point imo the panthers coaching staff called the move on joe and it backfired :lol:

drainage

skippy said:
Gospel said:

In a word yes!

BostonBart22 said:
yeah blight gave jensen what for after running joe, thats what should have happened to limpdick when he ran dan, another point imo the panthers coaching staff called the move on joe and it backfired :lol:

Conboy did. He was ready to batter him until the linos stepped in.

drainage

Gospel said:
skippy said:
Gospel said:

I think it was Blight who had Jensen, but what about Dan? Bit late to try and close the gate after the horse has bolted resulting in our No1 NM having to retire.
As far as I recall at least one of the hits was accidental .... It's hockey played on ice people slip

Not sure why you feel need to post comments like this at the moment you want to make it look like our own players caused this situation?? Hardly helpful

Ocko

The second concussion was in Fife where Marsh accidentally fell on him I believe and the one against Braehead was a complete accident that no one was at fault for and no Devils player could go after a Braehead player for that.

The only one that we could've policed was the one that Limpwrist caused. But Conboy did so I am not sure what more the team could have done.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
The second concussion was in Fife where Marsh accidentally fell on him I believe and the one against Braehead was a complete accident that no one was at fault for and no Devils player could go after a Braehead player for that.

The only one that we could've policed was the one that Limpwrist caused. But Conboy did so I am not sure what more the team could have done.
Marsh didnt actually fall on Lacosta, Derek Roehl scores, blight catches Roehl and his skate blade goes straight into Lacostas helmet, thats Roehl skate not Blights. It was then lights out.

ASHIPP

Dan's health is paramount and his retirement does not suprise me. I thank him for his contribution this season and wish him all the best for the future. Dan is doing the right thing for himself and his wife.

Absolutely gutted for the Team just at the very time they are turning the corner in performances. Confidence had been high...hope this isnt dented in any way. Hope Joe now gets full support from the Club.

Temme said:
HOWEVER: (I'm going to get a right good slating for this)...

I said from the start to my friends (yes I have some!) that an NHL standard goalie would not come to Cardiff to play hockey. He's hear for education and has feck all interest in hockey. Why would he want to risk injury in a beer league playing for the shandy of all teams.

It just doesn't happen/figure. I smell a rat here...

Maybe his course has now been paid for so he has no need for hockey, maybe he can now pay it himself. I don't know, but I said this would happen from the start and have sadly been proven right.

I'm not disputing he was awesome when on the ice, and always gave his all. But there was no way he was going to finish the year with us, injury or not.

Happy to get a slating on here for being so negative, but if something looks too good to be true, it normally is.
And you bloody well deserve it, that has to be the most ridiculous posting I have ever had the misfortune to read. Don't you think someone's health is more important than a sport? Oh and just for the record I think you will find the MBA course is part of a sponsorship deal, so no money would have been exchanged. Perhaps in future you should find out more before posting such utter tripe on here :evil:

All the best Dan to you and your family and it's nice to see that the Devils management are doing the right thing for you.

Temme said:
Devastated for him. Such a shame for a guy with such a talent.

I said from the start to my friends (yes I have some!) that an NHL standard goalie would not come to Cardiff to play hockey. He's hear for education and has feck all interest in hockey. Why would he want to risk injury in a beer league playing for the shandy of all teams.

Maybe his course has now been paid for so he has no need for hockey, maybe he can now pay it himself. I don't know, but I said this would happen from the start and have sadly been proven right.

I'm not disputing he was awesome when on the ice, and always gave his all. But there was no way he was going to finish the year with us, injury or not.

Happy to get a slating on here for being so negative, but if something looks too good to be true, it normally is.
You are a small piece of butter :DWD

KaneDevils

Very sad news for Dan, I like most wish him all the very very best in his future life.
We should all feel very blessed to have had him as a Devil.

Temme: You absolute plank !!!

Paul Sullivan

Temme said:
Devastated for him. Such a shame for a guy with such a talent.

Yeah. No way an NHL Goalie would ever come to Cardiff.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=98401

What I find interesting about your road trip from reality is twofold:
You say injury or not he would never have finished the season with us, but the MBA Schooling finishes long after the EIHL season so that's claptrap.

Then you say he had (let me finesse this like you did) 'feck all' interest in hockey, but you then say he gave his all.

I thought it was only our MD and Coach who wore mutlitple hats but you seem to be doing some kind of Tommy Cooper routine with those contradictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IqXaSrYr74

Gazza272

Thread starter #59
Temme said:
[

Then I guess he IS finishing the season playing for us? :DWD

No what you were saying was that your pre season prediction was now correct. It wasn't right because your pre season prediction was that Lacosta was going to covertly fleece us out of a uni place without having to play.

What has actually happened is that a guy has lost his career due to head trauma.

Can you now see the difference?

Temme

Kinda expected this response.

I stand by it, I never for a minute thought he'd finish the season just a shame it was in this manner.

Happy to take plenty more flack so keep 'em coming.

@Kanedevils, refrain from personal attacks, from my experience they aren't tolerated on forums.

Paul, how are these MBA courses funded?

I'm doing a masters currently and the money (£7550 or so) goes out right at the beginning of September.

Or was it half now and half in January...