Lacosta forced to retire!

osh

I think it's more important to gain the pledges first and then allocate the funds to somebody trustworthy who can ensure the funds are being utilised in the way those contributors want. There are many people who work very hard for the club who I certainly would trust to donate my money to and avoid paying an administration fee to someone like Paypal or similar.

Perhaps the mods may see fit to start a topic on this if they feel it is a workable idea ( and maybe suggest someone or organisation to hold such funds for allocation ) At least that would gain a reaction that is either for or against. If we get 500 pledges I'm in!

Paul Sullivan

That's a very Cardiff Devils thing to do imho. I absolutely do not want to be negative about this but if I may make a suggestion:

In order to maximise the donors I would suggest the donations go to an independent person and are given to Dan or Mac (as they are a gift and not wages).

I am not casting any aspersions on anyone here but there are, obviously, some heavy criticisms of Club operations and I think several of those critics would be interested in donating if they felt comfortable.

Please don't see this as any kind of opposition to the idea - it's not. Just trying to maximise the impact, should it happen, for Dan. I was half-expecting the Red Army to make a plea sometime soon to help Dan in some way, should he need it, but looks like osh beat them to it. Good stuff.

I'm on board. I think finding 500 is a stretch but even 300 people per week is a wage equivalent to about £18k.p.a. after tax.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

KaneDevils

@Kanedevils, refrain from personal attacks, from my experience they aren't tolerated on forums.
Not usually my way but your comment warranted it sorry!
Seems like most people agree. Maybe not an attack but more of a factual statement?

can you be banned for talking bollocks?

Paul Sullivan

jimmy snels said:
No need it would seem that we have a new nm already
I got the impression this was more a compassionate act to assist Dan if and when the club attempt to reduce his wages / not honour his contract (though of course that won't happen as they have said they will.....) as opposed to funding the new netminder?

Granted the two are heavily linked but it would deb a shame if the financial frailties of the club had to fall at the feet of the same few committed fans once again. However another topic.

I'm in if this proceeds, in case that wasn't clear and I think it's a good step toward repairing the image of the Club following the Adams / Conboy omnishambles.

Sheincar

KaneDevils said:
@Kanedevils, refrain from personal attacks, from my experience they aren't tolerated on forums.
Not usually my way but your comment warranted it sorry!
Seems like most people agree. Maybe not an attack but more of a factual statement?

can you be banned for talking bollocks?
Well you haven't been :lol:

Found this from the Walesonline LaCosta anouncment which is what I was referring too when I thought he was damaged goods!

"LaCosta sat out the 2010-11 season after a bad experience with Salzburg in Austria. He decided on going to college and, having played professionally, was forced to miss 12 months to quality."

Anybody know what this bad experience was?

Chris

Administrator
Budgie said:
Anybody know what this bad experience was?
The Inferno - It was mentioned in the club PR that you'd had a bad time playing in Austria and that led to you going back to university. How hard a decision was it to suspend your pro career and then sit a season out?

Dan LaCosta- Well in Austria I was told one thing and what happened was completely different and it wound up turning my life completely upside down. At that point of my life and career it actually wasn't a hard decision to go back to school, I'm very happy I did it. Before university I lived a pretty sheltered life and all I really knew was hockey, it was great for me to open my eyes to a whole new world I never knew about before. On top of that I made a ton of great friends and won a national championship in hockey, it was a really positive experience.
Taken from here... http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/news/infer ... n-lacosta/