Lacosta forced to retire!

very sorry to hear this news about Lacosta, big loss....but his heath is the most important thing in this. Hope he gets all the help and assistance he needs for his future well-being.
Best of luck for the future Dan

Ocko

Gutted for Lacosta and the team. This has to go down as one of the most unlucky seasons yet. Lacosta looks devastated in that video, a crap way to end a pretty distinguished career. I hope his health isnt effected long term.

I hope Limpwright is proud of his actions at the beginning of the season, his cheapshot thuggery has been a major contributing factor in ending the career of a fellow professional. A professional who was at a level he can only dream of.

DevilDom

Very sad news for Dan and the Devils but his long-term health is paramount and I wish him all the best.

Will be interesting to see what happens now with a replacement. This is the 2nd year running we have had a goalie crisis! :cry:

osh

Very sad to hear this news. He must take the medical advice offered to him as a player's safety and well being comes before anything else. Hope he can continue with his uni course, although I am not sure of cost implications for him staying on with accommodation costs, salary ( perhaps there is an insurance in place to cover such happenings ?). Needless to say, we now need to bring in a replacement as soon as we can, but I wish DLC well in his future.

wildthing74

Absolutely tragic news but realistically the right decision. I'm gutted for Dan as he was looking every bit the former NHLer before the recent 3rd hit.So sad to end this way.
I spoke to him Sunday morning and it was obvious he had to do this.Hearing how even tiny things were affecting him day to day made me realise how bad these injuries are and at least recent events in the NHL have raised awareness as to the seriousness of concussion and its effects on players.
Hopefully he will recover and at least a normal life as hockey is not the most important thing in the world.

mazza03

Absolutely gutted for Dan he looks really fed up love him, but his health is paramount especially the head, can't be too careful.

Good luck Dan xx

Have Hope#35

Very sad news but his health is paramount... You can tell that he hasn't made this decision on a whim and that he really wanted to play for us - He looks truly gutted! Just a shame as I believe he had the potential to keep improving, the last few weeks he's been in incredible form.

I just hope we don't make a panic signing now, I'd rather see Myers given a chance than sign someone like Greg Blais again! KWall will be back soon, I just hope we don't take on Conway as he may be released and I don't think much of him either... We either wait for the right guy or see out the season with Myers?

LaCosta as New Bench Coach? Is it a direction he wants to head in?

Huge commiserations and best wishes to Dan. No one likes to see a career ended like this.

Over to Brent now to see if he can pull a rabbit out of one of his many hats.....

This is why we can't have nice things.

I am truly sorry for Dan but as he says he's not going anywhere: we will have the best goalie coach in the league instead! It's only this season he's been told to sit out at least.
As for a new guy: wait and see. Maybe there are better free agents around this time but we've some big games over Christmas. Stevie Lyle?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Have Hope#35

WelshHabsFan said:

I am truly sorry for Dan but as he says he's not going anywhere: we will have the best goalie coach in the league instead! It's only this season he's been told to sit out at least.
As for a new guy: wait and see. Maybe there are better free agents around this time but we've some big games over Christmas. Stevie Lyle?

Says Import in the article... Dan's been told to sit out this season but I get the impression that's it for him, it looked like an official retirement unfortunately!

Ocko

I hope he is utitilised in some way, as the previous poster has said we now have a goalie coach and maybe another man to help run the bench, especially in Pope's absence.

Whilst sad news, Lacosta should also be congratluated on a fine career. Most players have never even been close to the level he reached. Most players in this league can only dream of a call to the AHL let alone the show.

James

Administrator
I suspect Brent has had feelers out for a while, a few days at least for a new nettie. You'd the club would have been tracking netminders from the start of the season with his early concussion. Not the sort of thing you want to consider but it was always going to be a possibility.

As for Dan, all the best with the course and getting back to full health. It was a pleasure to see him play and I always felt confident with the team with him in nets. He looked absolutely gutted in the video. I hope they get him onto the carpet for a cheer on the weekend.

Sheincar

WelshHabsFan said:

I don't ever expect to see Lilly back in Cardiff with our current owner. We could do worse than go for Adam Goss who was a cracking goalie at the Gb U20s.