LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Devilsatw

I understand some of my comments are ott but I’m so annoyed sometimes and get caught in the heat of the moment,
unfortunately the club and fans etc got to hear negative things when they lose.
It can’t always be how much we love the club and unlucky devils on to the next game etc etc.

Some players love to know how crap they played so they can improve there game.
Some players enjoy people saying negative things and people booing them because when they finally become better and results go there way they are the one laughing at us.

Don’t take everything to heart I say.

Rich Best

The problem you have with that is people on here all have a different amount of knowledge and experience when it comes to the game. Some are new to it, some have watched for 30+ years, some have played and some haven’t.

If I was to mention our 3rd line mid-lane drive success rate our 2nd line o-zone entry speed or maybe Richie’s decision to pinch regularly or leave, would 90% of people on here know what the hell im referring to ? I doubt it!
Comments like that would be great, and at the very least would open discussion and educate people. Really, that kind of comment would be great and would get my full support.

mweller

I understand some of my comments are ott but I’m so annoyed sometimes and get caught in the heat of the moment,
It can’t always be how much we love the club and unlucky devils on to the next game etc etc.

Some players enjoy people saying negative things and people booing them because when they finally become better and results go there way they are the one laughing at us.

None of this is true. Fans and the club don't 'got to hear' your bile.
No players need to be told if they've played crap.
No players enjoy people saying negative things.

And it's not up to us to decide if we should take what you write to heart, it is up to you to refrain from posting if you can't trust yourself emotionally after a defeat. If you really can't control what you write to that extent, maybe dip out of the forum until you'e old enough or learn some self control. We are not your therapy.

Devilsatw

And it's not up to us to decide if we should take what you write to heart, it is up to you to refrain from posting if you can't trust yourself emotionally after a defeat. If you really can't control what you write to that extent, maybe dip out of the forum until you'e old enough or learn some self control. We are not your therapy.
Mweller this is what I think of you ✌️✌️

You think lord don’t swear at players and tell them to buck up there ideas??

Maybe you can tell the same crap story you just told me to the hundreds of fans booing the players off the ice a few times in the last few years too.

You talk wet

kettdevil1

Comments like that would be great, and at the very least would open discussion and educate people. Really, that kind of comment would be great and would get my full support.
Yep, exactly, I learnt by people talking in exactly that way, I suspect others would too.... if someone doesn’t understand then they can ask.....

mweller

Mweller this is what I think of you ✌️✌️

You think lord don’t swear at players and tell them to buck up there ideas??

Maybe you can tell the same crap story you just told me to the hundreds of fans booing the players off the ice a few times in the last few years too.

You talk wet
Breaking news - you are not Lord.

PS - thanks for the double peace sign bro

Samael

Back on topic then....

Mad dog getting the unsung hero award was nice to see. Makes perfect sense really this year given his change of role and it's nice to see the club recognizing and rewarding him for this.

Mazzoak

I’ll quickly apologise for any offence I’ve caused in stating “someone needs to grow a pair” in reference to my support of Bowns being, in my opinion, over used and Murdy not and what l interpret as a fear or pressure to keep using Bowns.

To get Back on topic it would be great to have a video of the award night, from the photos and what I’ve read everyone seems to have had great night. The statistical information was great too hear, should give everyone more confidence going into the playoffs.

Milky

Personally i disagree with all of the trolling and personal insults, calling out and tagging players and club officials into tweets etc. If you read through my posts you’ll see I consistently call people out when they’re talking rubbish. I think we have one of the worst, most insular and down right rude fan bases around. Don’t even get me on them being self entitled too!!!!

And I agree with you in that I disagree with most of what Devilsatw posts.

However, your post is ridiculous!! I’m sorry and I’m not trying to be controversial but that’s the kind of snowflake rubbish that is wrong with this society.

If you have ‘taken something to heart’ and are offended by someone else’s overreaction in a post, then that is entirely down to you. Is everyone supposed to tread carefully like they are walking on eggshells just in case they write or say something that may offend you?

Last time I checked we live in a free society. He/she isn’t breaking any laws and there is such a thing as freedom of speech.

Now I fundamentally disagree with the things this particular individual has posted. I see it therefore that I have three options;

1) respond and debate as a means to try and understand their view point with a view to arguing my thoughts.
2) over react myself and reply with some kind of negative/sarcastic response.
3) ignore it.

At no point does it ever cross my mind to sit there and be offended or take things to heart. Might I suggest if that is your approach maybe you should take a break from the forum until you can control your reaction to things.

Like I said before, I have no idea who devilsatw is. Their posts are reactionary, negative rubbish but they have the right to post them.

I get offended by people and things all the time. So what. It’s life, get on with it.

kingmo19.1

Personally i disagree with all of the trolling and personal insults, calling out and tagging players and club officials into tweets etc. If you read through my posts you’ll see I consistently call people out when they’re talking rubbish. I think we have one of the worst, most insular and down right rude fan bases around. Don’t even get me on them being self entitled too!!!!

And I agree with you in that I disagree with most of what Devilsatw posts.

However, your post is ridiculous!! I’m sorry and I’m not trying to be controversial but that’s the kind of snowflake rubbish that is wrong with this society.

If you have ‘taken something to heart’ and are offended by someone else’s overreaction in a post, then that is entirely down to you. Is everyone supposed to tread carefully like they are walking on eggshells just in case they write or say something that may offend you?

Last time I checked we live in a free society. He/she isn’t breaking any laws and there is such a thing as freedom of speech.

Now I fundamentally disagree with the things this particular individual has posted. I see it therefore that I have three options;

1) respond and debate as a means to try and understand their view point with a view to arguing my thoughts.
3) ignore it.

At no point does it ever cross my mind to sit there and be offended or take things to heart. Might I suggest if that is your approach maybe you should take a break from the forum until you can control your reaction to things.

Like I said before, I have no idea who devilsatw is. Their posts are reactionary, negative rubbish but they have the right to post them.

I get offended by people and things all the time. So what. It’s life, get on with it.

Spot on with that. Being offended is subjective. I get offended listening to boy bands on the radio - what do I do? Change channel! Easy!

Kevin roog

Personally I’ve never been offended by anything on this forum. I think it’s pretty entertaining,even the bowns guy(if that what he thinks. That’s what he thinks) where are we North Korea

mweller

3) ignore it.

My point was he said we shouldn't take things to heart. But why is the onus on everyone else, and not on him to not be deliberately offensive? People should take responsibility for what they say and not leave it up to everyone else to sift through the offensive crap. That doesn't seem too outrageous a suggestion to me.

Also, would argue you are wrong about the options - regardless of our individual reactions all these posts add to the public opinion and impression of the Devils. Which you started by saying was entitled and moany. So my question is, we've tried doing your options and it has gotten worse to the point where players, owners, management and other fans are calling it out. So what do we do?

PS - I'd advise against calling someone snowflakes because usually the people who like to brand others as such are bigots who want to offend people. I know that isn't you, but using that term as abuse gives that impression.

voth26

For a start the guys will be disappointed in themselves when they lose or don't perform, with regards to the club & fans got to hear negative things when we lose, there's a right and a wrong way and with respect calling out players the way you did was most definitely the wrong way!! and I don't need someone telling me the obvious when we lose or play below par.

Mazzoak

I have to say the manner we lost and the subsequent meltdown on social media the lack of criticism on here has actually surprised me, ironically the Inferno has been relatively well behaved considering. I wasn’t expecting the debate to have been deflected onto fans behaviour within the Inferno.