Last player!

august04

Well we hope Faryna will be back at some point. He’s missed most of this season so far, don’t think we can be confident he’ll go through the rest of the season unscathed when he comes back. We miss him badly. I’d like a physical, power forward and a quality, stay at home D man in a ideal world. Might be being a bit greedy there though.

bb1

I'm sure we will see an import D man sooner rather than later. The market hasn't been great but there are quite a few movements in certain leagues.

The fact we have lost Blood who was one of the most solid all round d men we have had in years suggests we need someone. Regardless of our superb 4 point weekend there are huge holes in our D and I don't want too be too negative, but if we had played the Giants again last saturday and not the panthers then we would have suffered another home defeat imo.

Temme

I'm sure we will see an import D man sooner rather than later. The market hasn't been great but there are quite a few movements in certain leagues.

The fact we have lost Blood who was one of the most solid all round d men we have had in years suggests we need someone. Regardless of our superb 4 point weekend there are huge holes in our D and I don't want too be too negative, but if we had played the Giants again last saturday and not the panthers then we would have suffered another home defeat imo.
Alot sooner than you think ;)

Drew Schiestel announced shortly before you posted :p

Ocko

Side note... But why do people say the 'market isnt great'? Like how do you know? Do you chat to agents? We replaced Blood in less than 2 weeks, brought in Mosey, every other team is signing players too. Not a dig, I'm genuinely curious as a few people have said it.

If it's because it's the management line that gets rolled out then I'd take it with a pinch of salt and said as to manage expectation of the fan base.

Temme

Side note... But why do people say the 'market isnt great'? Like how do you know? Do you chat to agents? We replaced Blood in less than 2 weeks, brought in Mosey, every other team is signing players too. Not a dig, I'm genuinely curious as a few people have said it.

If it's because it's the management line that gets rolled out then I'd take it with a pinch of salt and said as to manage expectation of the fan base.

50/50

Half the time it could well be management.

teams, agents & players talk constantly and that's something us fans can only speculate over.

However you can generally see what's going on if you follow NHL/AHL/ECHL to see the level of drop out from the training camps, and post-training camps the number of players re-assigned into the minors.

This is a notoriously tough time to recruit as a GENERAL rule - those that didn't cut it in the NHL out of camp are in the AHL come September.

The only players *generally* coming available mid-late October are those that don't cut it once the season starts (sacked after <10 games) from the NHL/AHL.

Players becoming available mid-late November are unlikely as they will have settled into a team by now.
More players will drop off in the first 6 weeks than the rest of the season combined (no evidence for this, just my guess).

Complete guess work here, but if we had offered Mosey a contract over the summer he would have taken it i think. He left HBF on mutual agreement to come to us.