Latest News

terry hunt

Although we are talking about fairly large sums of money here for many people i find this concerning.
I believe the club has gone out of the way to help us as much as possible but i personally have almost written off this season as " a sports injury".
My major concern is for next season.I dont want to see the club cash strapped so we will not be competitive and ruin another season.

drainage

Not if the support from WAG comes through and covers costs. No one is out of pocket if that happens.
Not sure the support would reflect the true value of lost income …..easy to say we sell x tickets at an average of £x per ticket but then you have 50/50 , SOHB, Programme sales , puck sponsor , Chuck a puck, mascot income , food and drink sales ……they are doing on line SHOB but there’s a lot of lost income I doubt is covered by any support arrangements. I may be wrong in what’s covered but ticket sales aren’t the only thing to consider. That said it’s great to see the club doing more than was expected by most fans

august04 2.0

Although we are talking about fairly large sums of money here for many people i find this concerning.
I believe the club has gone out of the way to help us as much as possible but i personally have almost written off this season as " a sports injury".
My major concern is for next season.I dont want to see the club cash strapped so we will not be competitive and ruin another season.
I wouldn’t be too concerned. Todd Kelman is an astute businessman and knows exactly what the club can and can’t afford to do. You may be fortunate that it doesn’t effect you too much (fortunately me neither) but families of multiple season ticket holders will no doubt welcome this fantastic gesture by the club.

Mazzoak

Every business will be out of pocket, the WAG compensation will be distributed a % based on their respective size. It’s a fine line between recouping revenue or upsetting your main revenue stream, fans. There will be an impact, that maybe reduced quality or increased ticket prices in the future, no matter what the quality of club owners there are money will need to be generated going forward.

To put it plainly, you’d need to be a certain stupid to p8ss off your fans.

MA18

Not sure the support would reflect the true value of lost income …..easy to say we sell x tickets at an average of £x per ticket but then you have 50/50 , SOHB, Programme sales , puck sponsor , Chuck a puck, mascot income , food and drink sales ……they are doing on line SHOB but there’s a lot of lost income I doubt is covered by any support arrangements. I may be wrong in what’s covered but ticket sales aren’t the only thing to consider. That said it’s great to see the club doing more than was expected by most fans
Who knows what the details are. I do know if I could pick one person to negotiate and show the value of what we’ve lost out on it would be Todd.

tim78

One of those negotiation lines has to be ensuring the continuation of Wales most successful sporting team with an outlook of competing and advertising at highest level of the sport in Europe.

Can't really think of a more successful team over the years (but then I don't follow rugby).

The recent CHL runs each year must bring some value for Wales.
And to add the good reputation of the CHL travel fans.

terry hunt

I know a lot of good people are struggling financially through no fault of their own but i am also thinking about our owners in Calgary.
The reports i have read it seems businesses are being battered in Canada and the US so they must be having problems there.
I am a serious rugby fan but i think the WRU have more options than the Devils have.
They may feel they are owed support because of the support they gave at the height of the epidemic.They apparently offered the Principality and Scarlets Stadia for Nightingales plus support with the City and Liberty.
I wonder if they could cut a deal with Wembley for the home games.Lets face it many of the fans for the internationals in Cardiff come over the border.

MA18

I know a lot of good people are struggling financially through no fault of their own but i am also thinking about our owners in Calgary.
The reports i have read it seems businesses are being battered in Canada and the US so they must be having problems there.
I am a serious rugby fan but i think the WRU have more options than the Devils have.
They may feel they are owed support because of the support they gave at the height of the epidemic.They apparently offered the Principality and Scarlets Stadia for Nightingales plus support with the City and Liberty.
I wonder if they could cut a deal with Wembley for the home games.Lets face it many of the fans for the internationals in Cardiff come over the border.
Agreed. But the WRU also got paid handsomely for making those facilities available for nightingales, they also did well out of the remedial work to put them back to normal.

drainage

Who knows what the details are. I do know if I could pick one person to negotiate and show the value of what we’ve lost out on it would be Todd.
I wasn’t suggesting otherwise …..simply saying that it’s unlikely we will recoup the true “loss” of income. I have never been anything other than supportive of Todd and the owners and will continue to be.

moggy#9

One of those negotiation lines has to be ensuring the continuation of Wales most successful sporting team with an outlook of competing and advertising at highest level of the sport in Europe.

Can't really think of a more successful team over the years (but then I don't follow rugby).

The recent CHL runs each year must bring some value for Wales.
And to add the good reputation of the CHL travel fans.
I really don't think that any of that matters to the taffia. If you don't play chase the egg, they're not interested.