Lausanne here we come!

Slartibartfast

Despite the score I really enjoyed that game and took a lot of positives from it. Theres no doubt now that we have a top class netminder. Im excited to see where Wallers goes. He looks really good already. Our second line is dangerous even for opposition of that standard and the whole team played well defensively. Register did an inhuman amount of minutes and looks a really competent and experienced D man. I really felt for him on that own goal. When you are knackered you are going to make mistakes.
Third line has great speed and did well against tough opposition so should be a force in the EIHL. Im not sure about the first line. They are up against the top first lines in Europe so its hard to shine especially when you have not played together before. They are good players, just hope they click better against more even opposition. If not I would love to see Dixon on the first to make some space for them with his physical play.

Swarley

Carruth was easily man of the match for me, the team looked really up for it despite the officials showing clear lack of interest in being unbiased.

Our pp definitely feels like it's misfiring atm but that can be fixed the no look passing thats been happening needs to be cut out as its always costing us and the last goal... That was a bitter pill to swallow but I think we can really improve come league start.

tim78

It's not like he's been playing a HUGE amount of minutes or anything
Clearly mrGravey is not a Devils supporter just someone who pays for wins not competative hockey.

Comment reminds me, Why doesn't Usan bolt run marathons, he would smash it, wobble eyed emoji.

Loved the grit even the penalties against them, they still stayed stuck in for the full game.

E.D.S.

Puck retention was the big issue tonight, powerplay couldn't get going as Devils struggled to hold onto the puck when under pressure but overall a pretty solid performance.
The puck retention and zone time is a key theme at the moment. I expect us to have less of the puck and less zone time in the CHL but not this much. 12 shots on goal is a real worry. The next two games is just about improving and building for the season ahead. The friendly games can’t come soon enough. Let’s hope the boys aren’t too dejected by then.

mjh

I thought our D was solid for the most part. Especially impressed seeing as Mikkleson was out and Register has been playing major minutes every game. Plus Batch hasn't played until tonight. With all that considered, we played well at the back. The offence just didn't seem to get any traction. Puck retention was an issue but again, we're shorthanded and playing with major disruption due to covid, injury etc. I think we'll motor on once back to EIHL action. Waller, Cox and Crandall played well imo.

Ger-Devils

Their 3 internationals made a big difference… Register logging 30 minutes in Europe is unheard of. After 2 periods, Lausanne’s top players time on ice was 6 minutes.

Their budget is around £5mil so you’d expect them to be doing much more. A short handed goal and one of them freak goals it sucks.

1 import D and 4 Brits rolling, when is the last time we’ve had that many Brits on D? Batch looked like he’s played the last few months and not missed any games.

Officials had their moments which didn’t help but unfortunately with covid, all officials are based in that country unlike normal years when it’s mixed.

Finny

That's a completely unacceptable way to end the game. Thats a lazy play that Register got away with 4 or 5 times over the course of the game. You cannot be that lackadaisical infront of your own net.
Another odd criticism of Register from you.

Really not sure it’s fair to call a player ‘lazy’ when they iced over 30 mins. And for me was one of our standout players.

Finny

Disappointed to lose that game but not in our effort or performance. Thought we had some really good spells in all three periods and ultimately we lost to a mistake on the PP and a freak own goal.

Oh, and it turns out the even in Switzerland the referees can be utterly awful.

jenks33

Happy with the effort tonight. Only slight frustration for me over the past two games has been our PP. I appreciate that we’ve played two very good teams and our boys are still getting to know each other but I think we’ll be disappointed with our PP. We didn’t create anything on the 5 PP’s we had in the past 2 games and we’ve looked very vulnerable. I think I’m right in saying we’ve conceded two short handed goals as well. We all know 5 on 5 was going to be very tough but I was hoping for a bit more from us on the PP.
Fingers crossed Mikkelson’s injury isn’t too serious.

I just can't comprehend where these harsh assessments are coming from given our lack of time together as a team combined with the total quality of opposition we are facing. Just wait until we face EIHL opposition. We just narrowly lost to a team that has a budget bigger than all the EIHL teams combined and people are slagging our guys out already. In fact one player on their team earns more than our entire team combined. As a side note I am really liking the look of Carruth and Register, they are going to be big for us this year. I can totally forgive the own goal as it was just unfortunate, Register oozed class all night for me, top performance.

NathanG

I just can't comprehend where these harsh assessments are coming from given our lack of time together as a team combined with the total quality of opposition we are facing. Just wait until we face EIHL opposition. We just narrowly lost to a team that has a budget bigger than all the EIHL teams combined and people are slagging our guys out already. In fact one player on their team earns more than our entire team combined. As a side note I am really liking the look of Carruth and Register, they are going to be big for us this year. I can totally forgive the own goal as it was just unfortunate, Register oozed class all night for me, top performance.
Unfortunately mate every fanbase has a couple of weapons.

BostonBart22

The puck retention and zone time is a key theme at the moment. I expect us to have less of the puck and less zone time in the CHL but not this much. 12 shots on goal is a real worry. The next two games is just about improving and building for the season ahead. The friendly games can’t come soon enough. Let’s hope the boys aren’t too dejected by then.
Agree our firepower not the greatest with the league just around the corner, may need looking at...its ok having speed but we must turn that into goals...

revilo

Enjoyed the game despite the score - happy with the efforts and some more flashes of what might come. As most agree Carruth was great, and I too thought Register had a really good game.

Mazzoak

Carruth is an absolute nut case, has more ticks than your average lunatic. Bisto gravey pot really may want to think before criticising him, he would literally seek you out. You can see why he was in the Blackhawks org in 2010, if only he’d calm down, he could’ve gone all the way.
Register is doing way to much, as is most of the new guys, think frustration is creeping in, we need to get back to home ice and domestic competition, the CHL is only great for us if it goes well, if not it potentially can be demoralising. What l watched was a team demoralising, even though the result was great, l was expecting a bigger loss.......nobody in that team wants to put in that effort and still loose.

All in all l hope they look back with pride, all things considered we‘re doing amazing.

Wannabe2

4 games playing together can only be positive, and a great pre season exercise, combine that with the bonding we would have made and these games will certainly be a big plus. Need to get the injured lads back now, the Panthers game will give us a good insight into where we are heading, and I have a gut feeling it’s going to be pretty neat ride. Happy Hockey Days.