Leaner Devils Organisation

I'm a little concerned as to who exactly this is aimed at. I'm presuming investors or money men.

As in one paragraph he appears to alienate the whole basis of how Ice Hoceky has to operate in this country. The Cardiff Devils still have the exact same personnel working for them, albeit in a slightly veiled manner.

If Mr Ragan really does want to change the business model, why did he proudly announce that he was going to be drawing a wage from the business this year, surely adding even more salary overheads is carrying on down the same road? In fact the only change appears to be is Shannon Hope out, Mr Ragan in.

So is this a back handed swipe at sponsors, fans or just the way Hockey is run in the UK?

Was this ever meant to reach the fan base? so it seems a bit naive to allow this to go out on a public forum if the club are still looking for support & sponsorship

The website covers business (and will be read mainly by the business community) so it's Ragan looking to minimise damage to his own reputation following the liquidation. His tactic is to blame the previous regime for the failings and I guess for all we know it could be true.

I can understand why he's releasing things like this (to this audience at least), as if investors don't have confidence in Ragan they won't invest in the Devils.

Just to add...he still has other businesses eh? So I imagine he's keen to protect confidence in himself for that reason as well.

DevilDom

My view is that this is aimed at either investors or / and anyone willing to take the club off his hands. My prediction after the fans forum was that PR would now be looking to get out ASAP with as little further damage as possible to his reputation and he has now done so with the Steelers. Getting rid of the Devils is IMO the next step for him. He was IMO only ever in it for the rink and that has now gone so there is little, if any opportunity for him to make any money from the Devils now.

I thought turning the Devils into at least a break-even organisation was his aim. As they're making a loss now changes would have to be made.

I think this article has been blown out of all proportion.

Chris

Administrator
What changes have been made though?

It all looks the same as it was before everything went horribly wrong, just there are plans/is an agreement for Ragan to get rid of his share in Sheffield...

Chris.

Chris said:
What changes have been made though?

It all looks the same as it was before everything went horribly wrong, just there are plans/is an agreement for Ragan to get rid of his share in Sheffield...

Chris.
Less money spent on players :lol:

And it's the same posts from you wannabe, whenever people dare to question what the club might be doing off the ice, you turn up and post either some nonsense about blindly following or supporting everything they do, or you just label everyone as 'negative' - why don't you actually add something constructive for a change? Sheesh!

Back on topic!

For what it's worth, I didn't realise the new offices were smaller, or staffed by less people, but it's still the same people in the office who have been mentioned on here, and at the fans forum that did all the damage to our smaller sponsors isn't it? Have to hope they're desperately trying to make amends for their previous mistakes if we're to stand any chance of the entire club becoming a succesful business model!