Line Combinations

Rempel16

Thread starter #1
Following yesterdays signing of Didiomete (thanks G and Franny!!!), Birbraer has tweeted to say G's informed him he has a new linemate, which brings me on to line combinations......

Are we going for the unsigned centreman to partner Max and Didio, leaving Blight and Faulkner to use their chemistry together?? Or is the centreman going to be a setup guy for Blight??? And where does that leave Hill, Davies, Mckenzie and Harding?

Hill - Faulkner - Blight
Birbraer - Import - Didiomete
Mkenzie - Davies - Harding/Piggott/G

Interesting forward line up I think....

Rempel16 said:
Following yesterdays signing of Didiomete (thanks G and Franny!!!), Birbraer has tweeted to say G's informed him he has a new linemate, which brings me on to line combinations......

Are we going for the unsigned centreman to partner Max and Didio, leaving Blight and Faulkner to use their chemistry together?? Or is the centreman going to be a setup guy for Blight??? And where does that leave Hill, Davies, Mckenzie and Harding?

Hill - Faulkner - Blight
Birbraer - Import - Didiomete
Mkenzie - Davies - Harding/Piggott/G

Interesting forward line up I think....
I think Faulkner will be second line.

Hoping Stu and Phil link up again as they carried us at points last year

Rempel16

Thread starter #3
Good call, I'm not sure we are going to have an out and out 1st and 2nd line though, as I'd argue that Birbraer and Blight should be together if so, while replicating a Voth/Hill type partnership with Hill and Didio.

A

Anonymous

Blight import hill
Birbraer faulkner Didi
Adams mckenzie davies

Ksmith marsh
M smith d man.
Batch

Have Hope#35

I'd like to see Blight and Faulkner together to start with... They should have a good understanding of each others game:

Blight/Faulkner/Hill
Birbraer/Import(Macrae)/Didi
Adams and Pigott/McKenzie/Davies

Zack Kassian said:
Blight import hill
Birbraer faulkner Didi
Adams mckenzie davies

Ksmith marsh
M smith d man.
Batch
That's how I'd start as well, with G dropping onto d as needed and Adam/Luke stepping up. In an ideal world one woukd stand up and make a claim for the spot, allowing us to run with 6 dmen.

Finny

Rempel16 said:
What was Maxi's actual tweet? Was he definately talking about Didiomete?

Skippy

Re: Re: Line Combinations

Finny said:
What was Maxi's actual tweet? Was he definately talking about Didiomete?
Here you go

"Been told by G to mix in few heavy bag sessions in the gym coz he signed me a new line mate @deeds2424 .who is this duster?! @cardiffdevils -- Max birbraer (@Birbraer23)"

@deeds2424 is Didiomete

KaneDevils

Not too sure of the lines myself but surely Blight and Faulkner will be paired together after much was made of their chemistry?

I think 1st line will be:

Max - Faulkner - Blight

TheStub

I'd guess the lines will shake out in practice. But is the chemistry one on the ice? Did they play on the same line last season?

Is this more of a locker room bromance?

DevilDom

I was under the impression from earlier press release that our remaining 2 import slots would be filled by a top line centre and offensive D man. Given this, the assertion that G is going to play D (leaving us 6D - 5 of which are imports) and also that Faulkener and Blight will not play on the same line (i'm sure I read this in one of the press releases) I would guess the lines would work out something like:

Max Faulkener Didiometer
Hill "Import Centre" Blight
Mckenzie Davies Harding / Piggott

This would leave the option of G stepping up from D to cover injuries and/or poor form

Finny

Quite confused by the comment from G that Max and Didi will be on the same line.

I wonder whether maybe Stu isn't coming back and we are getting a smaller, high scoring center. In which case Didi will be on the first line to make space for him and protect him.

Maxi - New Centre - Didi
Hill - Faulkner - Blight
McKenzie - Ben - Harding/Piggott

I was certainly expecting Blight to be our top scorer this season, unless G is not wanting to put all our top goal scorers on one line in case they are shut down too easily?

Finny said:
Quite confused by the comment from G that Max and Didi will be on the same line.

I wonder whether maybe Stu isn't coming back and we are getting a smaller, high scoring center. In which case Didi will be on the first line to make space for him and protect him.

Maxi - New Centre - Didi
Hill - Faulkner - Blight
McKenzie - Ben - Harding/Piggott

I was certainly expecting Blight to be our top scorer this season, unless G is not wanting to put all our top goal scorers on one line in case they are shut down too easily?
It looks to me as if we're going back to the record breaking season and trying to balance the lines out better. Obviously not all 3 though. Last season the problem seemed to be that we had a top line we relied on for scoring and when they got shut down we struggled. Maybe this is a good way of combatting that. I think Faulkner will join up with Didi and Maxi as this will be a very good forechecking line with a lot of skill as well.

KaneDevils

So Stuuu is our number one target to fill the remaining import forward slot right?
Is he really going to be our top line centre?
I'm not a gambling kind of chap but surely Stuuu would play on the second line and Mac on the 1st? If Stuu re-signs he will be on the same line as Hill for sure !!

Max - Mac - Didi
Hill - Import - Blight
Mckenzie - Ben - Harding/piggsy

KaneDevils

Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2012/07/27/ice-hockey-devils-keen-on-macrae-return-91466-31482804
Chris Blight and Max Birbraer are likely to link up on the top line, perhaps with latest signing Devin Didiomete. Mac Faulkner will potentially play alongside MacRae and Phil Hill.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... z227Jzrdiz

So our top line could well consist of 3 wingers.
And two C's on our second line.

.......... ......... .......... Interesting.

DevilDom

KaneDevils said:
Koop11 said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2012/07/27/ice-hockey-devils-keen-on-macrae-return-91466-31482804
Chris Blight and Max Birbraer are likely to link up on the top line, perhaps with latest signing Devin Didiomete. Mac Faulkner will potentially play alongside MacRae and Phil Hill.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... z227Jzrdiz

So our top line could well consist of 3 wingers.
And two C's on our second line.

.......... ......... .......... Interesting.
Sorry but I don't believe that for 1 minute. It wouldn't be the 1st time they were way off the mark as I think this is. 2 Centres on one line and no centre on the other? :lol:

KaneDevils

Of course it's a load of dribble. Whoever wrote that article made it up and doesn't appear to know what he/she is on about.
I find it a little ....... embarrassing to be honest.