Lord wins

ASHIPP

Whilst Lordo has done extremely well this season, and our (former?) Devils players have been gainfully employed, maintaining their fitness and showcasing their skills, I do have a tiny niggling feeling that Devils who have enjoyed their time on other teams this season will have some career decisions to make in the next few months. Situation exacerbated by uncertainly of indoor sports deadlines and protocols in the UK in the Autumn.

Looking forward to the re-commencement of Devils hockey whenever that will be. It has been hard stomaching the fact that Devils players were playing (albeit for a few weeks) for other British teams, and generally the others having to go to Europe just to get game experience.

Whilst it's great for Lord to be so successful in his first ECHL season, like many other fans the Rabbits are not my team and really its all 'distance' related news.

moggy#9

Whilst Lordo has done extremely well this season, and our (former?) Devils players have been gainfully employed, maintaining their fitness and showcasing their skills, I do have a tiny niggling feeling that Devils who have enjoyed their time on other teams this season will have some career decisions to make in the next few months. Situation exacerbated by uncertainly of indoor sports deadlines and protocols in the UK in the Autumn.

Looking forward to the re-commencement of Devils hockey whenever that will be. It has been hard stomaching the fact that Devils players were playing (albeit for a few weeks) for other British teams, and generally the others having to go to Europe just to get game experience.

Whilst it's great for Lord to be so successful in his first ECHL season, like many other fans the Rabbits are not my team and really its all 'distance' related news.
It'll be interesting to see if we end up getting players from echl on lordo's recommendation - both in terms of him recommending players to us and us to players. Their goalie send an interesting possibility of bownsy doesn't return.

BostonBart22

Talking of players, one thing I was never 100% sure of was ... has Fournier actually left us or simply gone out on loan ?
Is there any such thing in ice hockey apart from this mini eihl series, if any of our players get a better offer elswhere they will be gone , someone mentioned the goat could be at the rabbits next season and who could blame him, thats if there is ice hockey about come september either uk or europe or states..

terry hunt

When i first started supporting the Devils i remember being upset when we lost players to other clubs.
A couple of friends who had been fans since the start said to me players come and go the ones that count are the ones we have.
There are a lot of hockey players out there and the Devils always move on.
In some ways i think that with a new coach we get a new era and he may want to build a team in his style.
The important thing is i believe we now have best ownership and management we ever had.
So i place my trust in them and good luck to our players who get a good opportunity elsewhere.

Kevlar68

Whether a player moves on or retires at some point they have to be replaced, it's just the way it is in all sports, even the great Wayne Gretzky went through 4 NHL teams before retiring.
We will always be sad to see some players go (some we're glad to see the back of) but we hope they will be replaced with an equal or better.

KaneDevils

If we have a season he will be here, of that I am very confident. You can take the Man out of Wales as the saying goes.
Thats a bad quote wannabe2, lol. Although accurate. He may well leave but I'm sure his experience in Wales will stay with him regardless. Has been extremely loyal when he could of easily played in a higher league.

BostonBart22

Another loss to Jacksonville 4..3 after ot...mr reddick 1 goal, not sure if I'm right but 11 ot losses, must be a record..still unbelievable in 2nd but can be caught by 3 teams which would put rabbits 5th..

pjj365

Another loss to Jacksonville 4..3 after ot...mr reddick 1 goal, not sure if I'm right but 11 ot losses, must be a record..still unbelievable in 2nd but can be caught by 3 teams which would put rabbits 5th..
I'm not sure - Kelly Cup qualification (and thus conference standing) is based on points % which I find difficult to work out
At the moment Rabbits have more straight points than fuel but a lower points % so lie 3rd not 2nd
Any simple (please!) explanation of how this works and how it can be used to forward predict position would be very welcome

BostonBart22

I'm not sure - Kelly Cup qualification (and thus conference standing) is based on points % which I find difficult to work out
At the moment Rabbits have more straight points than fuel but a lower points % so lie 3rd not 2nd
Any simple (please!) explanation of how this works and how it can be used to forward predict position would be very welcome
Thanks for info, as long as it dont turn out like cricket with duckworth lewis fiasco..

Wannabe2

Thats a bad quote wannabe2, lol. Although accurate. He may well leave but I'm sure his experience in Wales will stay with him regardless. Has been extremely loyal when he could of easily played in a higher league.
Actually that wasn’t a bad quote one iota. If we get our season Joey will be here.

Call me naive, but I was under the impression the ECHL was a less-convincing proposition for players than the EIHL these days.

The quality of hockey, player salaries, travel schedule etc. all weigh in favour of the Elite League - especially for older players whose chances of getting called up to the AHL are slim. Even Bownsy on the latest Two Ales pod said he'd love to play in America but would choose Europe over the ECHL any day.

You'd like to think if there was an option between the Devils or ECHL our guys would choose Devils every time. But the Lordo pull might be too strong...

BostonBart22

Another win for our ex coach 3...2 over orlando after ot..reddick goal...jardine 2 asists and joey 1 assist..shame florida won as well..still 2nd ..2pts adrift of florida who have 3 games in hand.