LORD

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
What the hell was lord on last night , lead by example, best he played since coming back into the team, lets hope the other players can learn from this and take us past the finishing line top.....

Wannabe2

What the hell was lord on last night , lead by example, best he played since coming back into the team, lets hope the other players can learn from this and take us past the finishing line top.....
Pure Andrenalin, mixed in with Passion, Desire, Honesty, Respect, and a downright will to win. It comes Naturally to some.

ASHIPP

Lordo is a natural born leader who plays with determination and grit of a true Devil. It should be bottled and given to all players as a compulsory dietary requirement.

august04

He looked to be having fun last night, particularly in the warm up and you don't always see that from him these days - and then played a great game. Perhaps Mo helping out on the bench has lifted some of the weight from his shoulders? Whatever, it was great to see him back to his best. When he plays like that, he's one of the most effective players in the league.

KaneDevils

Hopefully something legally permitted. :D

I love his reaction when he scores. Celebrates like it's the winner in a cup final. Love it.

Devil_Abroad

He has passion, grit, can fight, score, check, has all we need for power forward. Only lacks pace and after being out a few weeks stamina. But that will soon return.

Come on Devils!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyke Devil

I said a while ago that if Lord is fit he must play. The last couple of weekends have just reinforced that view. It does make the Coach vs Player debate even more interesting. Born leader and gritty as hell on the ice. I like that he is cutting his teeth as a Coach with us but boy do I wish he just played every game with no other pressure; although I get the financial benefits to the Devils.

Perhaps he will play every game now as needs must. Guess it depends on whether we bring in a new extra import now that Mo is side-lined.

Really interesting couple of weeks coming up!

voth26

For me Lord epitomize's the meaning of being a Devil. He could easily have signed for any other team in any league 3yrs ago when we had probably our worst season ever before the new owners, but he didn't he stayed and lead us to the cc trophy in his first year, we have come heartbreakingly close to the cc trophy last year again and the title 2yrs running despite continually being criticized left right and centre for be a naff coach. But throughout all of the travesty and the heartbreak of the last 2yrs he has been dignified, honest and loyal to his players, and a very proud Cardiff DEVILS player and coach who clearly loves our club. As much as we fans want to win the title , I really want us to win it for Lordo because I can only imagine how proud he will be lifting that elusive trophy you only have to think back to he proud he was lifting the cc trophy in Sheffield

Koop11

Many fellow fans have called for Lord to stay on the bench. For me, Lord the player is hugely influential. He's not going to grab you 40+ a season but his work rate, aggression, passion and hockey IQ is what lifts the team. Players play better around him.

Gazza272

Many fellow fans have called for Lord to stay on the bench. For me, Lord the player is hugely influential. He's not going to grab you 40+ a season but his work rate, aggression, passion and hockey IQ is what lifts the team. Players play better around him.

I love how we have an aggressor on all 4 lines now. Lord, Haddad, Myers and Bordy all bring that edge to a shift, it's seemed to relax their line mates who now don't have to go into as many battles.

Electro

There is no denying Lords influence on the club as a player, as a coach, recent bench duties have impacted the team.

I'm sure if we win something this year, he'll be hailed a hero, beyond a God.

Unlike football you don't have a pool of talented people, replacing a coach isn't so easy, time will tell Lords success.

Devil_Abroad

There is no denying Lords influence on the club as a player, as a coach, recent bench duties have impacted the team.

Unlike football you don't have a pool of talented people, replacing a coach isn't so easy, time will tell Lords success.

And there it is again lol [emoji85]

KaneDevils

I've read this sentence about 15 times, and i still have no idea what it means.
Does he mean;

In football your under more pressure as a manager because there's always someone to take your place, where in hockey good coach's are not so easily to come across, so a little less pressure? If lord wins silverware he's been successful, if he doesn't then not. which I guess is very obvious.

Electro

Does he mean;

In football your under more pressure as a manager because there's always someone to take your place, where in hockey good coach's are not so easily to come across, so a little less pressure? If lord wins silverware he's been successful, if he doesn't then not. which I guess is very obvious.
Exactly.

I didn't write any of that because l thought it was obvious, it's a widely known issue in football. I didn't want to come across as condescending.

Electro

And there it is again lol [emoji85]

Well of course, another thread highlighting the role Lord within the club, so yes I'm contributing my opinion within the thread. Same as everybody else is repeating their opinions.

Electro

Electro mate your never obvious, far from it.
I guess that is the limitations of a forum, in person you can read people's facial expressions, judge there level of comprehension as the conversation develops or simply explain it.

KaneDevils

I read this twice, made perfect sense to me. I think some are arguing with electro just to stir things up. ;)