Lukko Rauma CHL (6/10/21)

Kevlar68

Played really well, some crap calls, were just off the pace a little, we didn't lose the game through being poor it was that the better side won, no real complaints from me.

Eynonz

They gave us a courtesy call at the end when the game was pretty much over.

But not a bad effort against a team of that calibre. If we took our chances we may have caused a major upset.

august04 2.0

Played really well, some crap calls, were just off the pace a little, we didn't lose the game through being poor it was that the better side won, no real complaints from me.
Absolutely, the better team by far won - but the least you expect is a level playing field in such a respected competition. The hometown officiating tonight was a disgrace and I’m pleased that Skalde had the balls to say it! And will we get that advantage next week, with the likes of Hogarth?! I doubt it! But nor should we.

Last edited:

moggy#9

No complaints about the result, lukko were clearly the better team. It was more the nature of it that bothered me. Next week should be interesting.

Good performances from most of the team, but O'Connor gives me kittens with some of his no look passes.

august04 2.0

The return game in the CHL always worries me. These teams seem to underestimate us and our league the first time we play them. They tend not to make that mistake again! So anything is possible next week.

august04 2.0

Well, just found the post-game interviews and I'm guessing by how it's cut, the CHL weren't impressed with Skalde xD

Brilliant! They should be embarrassed, a ridiculous decision to have home country officials with such biased officiating as we saw tonight. Makes a mockery of the competition. Players are travelling to games, no reason why officials can’t too. I hope we put the uncut version on our social media.

E.D.S.

That is class editing by the CHL. Not sure how I feel about him coming out and talking like that. Part of me loves that passion to speak up but he's no good to us in the stands if he gets a ban. He'll certainly be a fan favourite if he keeps that up though. Players must naturally want to work for him with that kind of passion. Top bloke.

NathanG

Thread starter #91
Lukko Rauma were outstanding. So quick and skilful. I feared the worst during the first period break. Then we came out and matched them. It was a joy to watch! They definitely enjoyed more of the decisions from the the refs though, that definitely hindered us.

Turned out that there were 3 of us at the game. We had a great time. We mixed with the locals at a bar after the game. Finns are really friendly and welcoming.

E.D.S.

I can't seem to find Skaldes interview. Did the CHL cut it??
Yes. His “live one” was only a minute or so long anyway but CHL cut out all references to the officials on the above post, which makes it a very very short interview. I don’t think the commentator fully understood what Skalde was getting at due to the language differences.

tim78

Well done Nathan for keeping the away fan block going (and making to the game on time), all 3 of you were panned to now and then on freesports.

Earnie

I am intrigued about the after match interview with our Coach . I guess we will hear no more - well not until after our last home CHL game anyway!

moggy#9

I am intrigued about the after match interview with our Coach . I guess we will hear no more - well not until after our last home CHL game anyway!
I wouldn't be surprised to see the club or skalde issued with a fine/suspension/warning before next Wednesday. To be honest though the officiating and the separate groups for Olympic qualifiers (which will skew the league rankings in the competition going forward) have in my opinion undermined the competition.

I wonder how many times the UK representatives will have to endure the tub of bad luck with groupings, officiating and other factors that the devils have over the last few years.

jenks33

I’ve got no issues with Skalde’s interview. I wouldn’t necessarily want him to be like that every time we lose a league game and risk being banned but we’re out of the CHL now. He was probably thinking we’re out of this competition so I’ll say what I bloody well think after that awful officiating performance. How we didn’t get a powerplay in that second period was ridiculous.

moggy#9

I’ve got no issues with Skalde’s interview. I wouldn’t necessarily want him to be like that every time we lose a league game and risk being banned but we’re out of the CHL now. He was probably thinking we’re out of this competition so I’ll say what I bloody well think after that awful officiating performance. How we didn’t get a powerplay in that second period was ridiculous.
Just to be clear, I have no issue with the facts that he was expressing. My point was that such organisations tend to take a dim view of any criticism, and sometimes the politics of such matters might last longer than a week.

tim78

I'd expect the CHL to review the game footage first and then discuss it with the refs and coaches before anything else.

Do coaches get to give feedback privately to the league after chl games if not then I see it as a fair response