Matt Myers

Gazza272

Soundwave1 said:
I also believe that he only turned professional part-way through last season (I think he only trained once or twice a week), which may explain why you feel he hasn't reached his potential Gazza.

Could well be, out of all the big brits in the league, he's probably devoted the least amount of time to being a proffessional due to his studies. Great in the face off circle, and if he is favourable in that area in the ECHL as well then theres no reason he shouldnt hold down a rost spot there i dont think.

If he can get those 20-30 goals then playing wise you wont be able to fault any aspect of the technical side of the game from him.

Sliput

I know i am probably going against the majority but sooo glad he has gone,couldnt stand watching him play !! Annoying whinging/cheapshot.

Just my opinion of course,may even go to Nottingham games now .

Ocko

No Devils fan can complain about a player cheatshotting, we've had some of the worst; Sacratini, Voth, Ware, Jay to name a few. Even Max has his cheapshot critics around the league. Myers is no worse than any of the previous mentioned. No one notices it though when they play for us, when they do fans think its a good thingor funny.

Im pleased for the lad and hope he does well. I think he will; he plays a physical game which will be more suited in the ECHL and is technically very good.

Is it right saying this is the highest level a Welsh born hockey player has gone to as Lyle's league was below this

Wannabe2 said:
Finny said:
I do find it funny when our fans complain about Jono or Myers always complaining. Didn't we use to have a player called Sacratini who would have a chat with the referee every now and again?

Both are top players and would love to see them back in a Devils jersey at some point.
Its the red blood flowing thru there veins, they cant help themselves. Taffys are always like this when they are the wrong side of the bridge, thats why you have to pay to come into Gods country. :lol:
Not if you come down the M50 :lol:

Rempel16

crazy_welsh said:
I thought that if Myers had left the pathners he would be a good third line centre man :idea: I would of liked him to come back to the Devils..
He's too goof for third line imo (although ideally it would be great to sign him as a third liner)

Wannabe2

I think we have wanted him back home for awhile, and he would have been a asset to the Devils, but good luck Matt, in the meantime we will have to make do with his DAD MIKE. :lol:He could be on the M line, when we could prise him away from the bar. :lol:

osh said:
R777GAB said:
Be interesting to see how his cheap shots and constant bickering go down over there!

He's probably the player that i dislike most in our league, i however wish him luck on his new challenge
Cheap shots - don't think so

The player you dislike most in the league ? Your choice obviously but you give no reasons

From my point of view I am delighted to see Matt progress from a very eager and talented kid right through to him going to play across the pond. Lot's of what he has learned would have been through junior devils hockey. I actually always like to see players talking/chipping away/getting in other players faces, it's all part of the game and it means that he is looking out not only for himself, but also his team mates ( and it puts the opposition off as well ) His folks must be well chuffed !! Lovely family.
i imagine the point where i mention his cheapshots highlights a large reason for why i dont like him . . an sure we have players who cheap shot but yet nearly all of them will drop the gloves. Something Myers didnt appear to happy to do.

In fact im pretty sure he cross checks someone in the face during the playoff weekend after a faceoff.

Sliput

Ocko said:
No Devils fan can complain about a player cheatshotting, No one notices it though when they play for us, when they do fans think its a good thingor funny.
Sorry but i disagree...why cant we moan ? Just because we had/have players who are a lot like Matt Myers doesnt mean we cant moan about him.

On your second point,i couldnt stand Myers style of cheapshotting etc...when he wore a Devils shirt,i was thrilled when he signed for Nottingham !!

On a sidenote i am only talking about MM on the ice...off the ice i have no idea what he is like.

Wannabe2

Well give me cheapshooting, Moaning, Whinging, Goalscoring, Checking, GB International, East Coast quality player, Matt Myers any day of the week. :)