McMorrow

Wannabe2

I actually like Mcmorrow and think he is good for the game. He baits the crowd and the opposition and will fight anyone, however he is not dirty and does no real harm unlike someone like Sharp. I think the effort he makes with the opposition crowd and especially the kids is great and he defintely puts bums on seats in all rinks. That is however not to say I would like to see him in a Devils Shirt!

He crossed checked Michel to the back sending him down to the ice, and then punched him to the back of the head whilst Michel was face down to the ice, i think that is pretty dirty, and thats what sent the Vother into evil mode.

Gazza272

DevilDom said:
I actually like Mcmorrow and think he is good for the game. He baits the crowd and the opposition and will fight anyone, however he is not dirty and does no real harm unlike someone like Sharp. I think the effort he makes with the opposition crowd and especially the kids is great and he defintely puts bums on seats in all rinks. That is however not to say I would like to see him in a Devils Shirt!

I think thats the crux of the argument, no one can deny what a showman he is and what a great ambassador off the ice he is for the Belfast Giants and he does create a turning point.

But this is essentially a sport and for that i dont think anyone would want him contributing in a sporting sense as he just doesnt have the tools to get the job done with the stick in the hand and the gloves off.

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:

He crossed checked Michel to the back sending him down to the ice, and then punched him to the back of the head whilst Michel was face down to the ice, i think that is pretty dirty, and thats what sent the Vother into evil mode.

I didn't see anything that was particularly dirty. Michel was doing his job of winding him and the other Belfast players up and Mcmorrow may have given he a little slap after knocking him over, nothing career threatening and all part of the game IMO. Love or loath him he's certainly an entertainer and if he hadn't been there last night I suspect a proportion of the crowd wouldn't have bothered either. We saw a fight and had someone to take the p$*& out of all night and it would have been pretty dull once we went 4-1 up if he wasn't there.

Chris

Administrator
Didn't look like a punch to me, careless with his stick perhaps but to me it didn't look on purpose.

If anything Michel seemed to give as good as he got...

Chris.

A

Anonymous

I feel a bit silly but my earlier post slagged off Mcmorrow, mainly for his attack from behind on Vother, that was of course Campbell :oops: I was getting the two mixed up. So yeah, the blokes a clown and hes good for the game. All sports need dudes like Mcmorrow !!

ASHIPP

TheDevilTorn said:
So yeah, the blokes a clown and hes good for the game. All sports need dudes like Mcmorrow !!
So sack the Giants' mascot and McMorrow could do the job! A fight between Lucy Fir and the new Giants' mascot? Now there's a thought.................. :lol:

With all the school closure sdue to the snow i've had a lovely day off and had chance to just look at hockey vids all day on youtube!!!
I've watched quite a few Mcmorrow fights and as I and others have suspected all he usually does is pull the jersey over the head...Now i'm no expert by a long shot but can you seriously go round calling yourself a really tough guy when the only way you can win fights is to pull you opponents jersey over their head?

Don't get me wrong I think the guy is awesome, a real character and very entertaining, but I wouldn't mind seeing him fight fair, as has been said Brad seemed to have his number the other night and landed some good hits before Donkey pulled his jersey over his head!

Finny

Every EIHL team should be using him to promote a forthcoming Belfast game.

However I would still be disappointed if he signed for Cardiff - as I really do feel he is waste of an import slot on the ice.
For Belfast though I think it's more important the casual fan has someone they can have as a favourite as they have needed to drastically increase their crowds over the past couple of seasons.
And it does seem to be working.

Ger-Devils

Finny said:

However I would still be disappointed if he signed for Cardiff - as I really do feel he is waste of an import slot on the ice.
For Belfast though I think it's more important the casual fan has someone they can have as a favourite as they have needed to drastically increase their crowds over the past couple of seasons.
City done similar with Fowler- well the amount of shirt sales with his name on went though the roof! Waste of a signing but must have made the club some cash!

He is going boxing training soon and will be fighting once the hockey season is over.

Looks like a new career avenue for him.

That was his status on facebook earlier today.

James

Administrator
before anyone asks I have no idea why 'face book' as one word is being picked up as a swear word.. it's not on the banned list :lol:

Finny said:

giants attendances are down, on last year which were up on the year before. they dont release the exact figures.