Might this pave the way for Ice Hockey ? .....

moggy#9

I hope so. I see it as the only way forward. There will undoubtedly be some logistical challenges and some people will "try it on" with restrictions, but I'm feeling more positive about hockey returning than I have for a long time.

As a side note, given that the UK is more advanced in the vaccination stakes than other countries, might that interest imports who would normally go to Europe in coming here?

Wannabe2

Still in the hands of the Gods is my opinion, one things for sure our sport needs maximum bums on seats as we all know. Obviously outdoor sports will lead the way and it’s a step towards where we want to be, where we will be in about 6-8 months time is a bit of a lottery now, but could be a different puck game then. Stay safe all, let’s keep the faith. Players playing is a big step forward, in the meantime keep the comments coming, it’s always good to hear from you all. Happy Future Hockey Days.

Earnie

In another related article on Wales on Line it mentions that the Wales Millennium Centre could fully reopen to the public in September.
There is hope!

rocketbob

Does the offer of free twice weekly lateral tests extend to Wales as well? If so that would be a possible help at least logistically.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #6
It’s pretty obvious how this will work, so on game night :-

1. Fans enter the arena via the rear entrance to Pad 2 which has now been de-iced.
2. You wait on your socially distanced marker spot until summoned forward by Corkie who then thrusts you in the 15 foot deep Disinfectant Plunge Tank.
3. Corkie prods your head under with a pole until you’ve been submerged for roughly 10 seconds.
4. The new Ken Picton extractor and dryer machine (TM) then automatically extracts the fan from the tank and completely dries them off within 20 seconds. A complimentary brush or comb is then provided for final touching up.
5. The fan is then ushered up the stairs and offered the opportunity to purchase a beveridge in their own personal bar cell - a see through Perspex box.
6. Any drinks must be finished within 3 minutes before the fan is then advanced into the rapid testing section.
7. Fans are strongly instructed to shout at the top of their voice “Steelers are Scum” into the new Covid vapor testing machine. The breath extract is then analysed immediately for Covid. If the test is negative you waltz into the arena and are free to roam, otherwise you are mechanically extracted from the arena through the roof and placed into the containment cell opposite Morrison’s whereby you will be securely picked up and driven home (courtesy of Premier Taxis) for a period of 10’days.
simple!

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Well that’s sorted, just need the fixtures now, nice to see Corky getting so involved dunking the fans whilst selling the merchandise. A light at the end of the tunnel thank goodness.

BostonBart22

Read somewhere the snooker final will have full capacity at the crucible next month, know it's a small venue but fans will be sat together

Wannabe2

No under 18s,vulnerable ,or pregnant women can attend,masks worn, tests before and 5 days after the matches, and 75% attendances for quarter and semi finals.

KaneDevils

Its not in the hands of the gods but more the public. As long as people are sensible, follow the rules eg we will get our sport back. As long as folk wear their masks, keep the bar closed, vending machines turned off, etc then why not?

Why no under 18'S out of interest?

Wannabe2

Its not in the hands of the gods but more the public. As long as people are sensible, follow the rules eg we will get our sport back. As long as folk wear their masks, keep the bar closed, vending machines turned off, etc then why not?

Was replying to BostonBarts thread about the snooker, these were there restrictions, not my views.

Diafol

Possibly because under 18s are last in the queue to be vaccinated ?
I think there are trials happening at the moment but no firm plans to do so ?

moggy#9

That settles it then - we're doomed!

KaneDevils

Possibly because under 18s are last in the queue to be vaccinated ?
I think there are trials happening at the moment but no firm plans to do so ?
Aye but there's a reason why that age group are yet to be vaccinated. I'm a key worker, in my 40's and am still to have it.