Mike McNamee

Jonesy83

Just seen this on the swamp rabbits Twitter account.

seems strange to do part way through a season but shame we won’t get to see him in a Devils jersey again.

Wannabe2

Was hoping to see Mike return at some time, but can understand his decision and hopefully things work out for him, thought he was going to be a Joey Martin mk2 when returning. But himself and the Devils move on as always.

Earnie

When we start up again , and we will start up again , I do not envisage many returnees other that the Brits. We start afresh. I have every confidence in Todd , the ownership and the new coach in delivering the goods.

Kevlar68

I think the returnees will be the younger devils only, Duggan, Jardine, Rutkis, etc When our season starts again who knows what other players may have hung up their skates as some are close to that stage.

moggy#9

I'm really disappointed by this as I saw him becoming a member of the core group of players for the coming years. It's a pity that he couldn't get a proper send off from us. Hopefully he can have a successful musical career as he's obviously got the same high level of ability in music as he has in hockey. I think though that the success of the devils is built from the solid foundation of committed ownership and excellent management. I'm sure that we'll have an amazing group of players when the league resumes, whoever they may be.

Wannabe2

That’s the great thing about this clubs position now, players come, players go, but if you have the dogs organisation these good days will continue and slight blips will without a doubt be taken care of in the best professional way. When ordinary organisations lose very good players, then that can be a huge set back unfortunately for them, but if your back room staff are together, and have the resources and committment to put the club first and foremost, then that’s a great recipe for success. Here in Cardiff many of us have experienced the roller coaster ride of selfish owners, amateur owners, and down right greedy owners who’s main intentions were not the best for the club, but what was best for them, unfortunately we have seen them all, but it’s a different puck game now. When problems arise they are dealt with wholly with the best intentions for the club. It’s crap times for us all at the moment, and keeping safe is obviously the main priority, but when these dark clouds begin to disperse, what a great feeling to know our Organisation will be there for us all, I listened to Todd’s interview with RITCHIE today, and what a great listen to hear him giving the fans so much credit for our successes, little things like that are what make clubs great, yes we need these guys massively, but these true professionals acknowledge exactly how important we guys are and what we bring to our great club also. This club truly does belong to us all now, and that’s all we have ever wanted, and it’s a very special feeling, and one of the big reasons we are missing this great sport so much, yes we all love the game, but I would bet a years money we are missing the club as much or if not more, when we are all reading off the same page how strong are we. Anyway enough of my ranting, personnally I am missing all you guys as much as the game itself, we are all family with the IAW our own kibbutz commune. Stay safe everyone, try not to feel too low, better days are coming for sure, and I yearn for the days when I can again say HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS. xxx