MKL Vs Devils - 10 Nov - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
VGa404Ez.jpg
Devils travel to Milton Keynes Saturday night. Hopefully we can put our title defense back on track and turn talk of a slump into talk of a blip.

RedDevil17

It's worked before for us when we come out forechecking & hitting hard.
Hasn’t been working for us recently the past few games, dire performances the past couple fixtures both home and away. If we lose tonight it would be about 4 on the trot I think (correct me if I’m wrong) which, for a team like us, is unacceptable

tim78

Hasn’t been working for us recently the past few games, dire performances the past couple fixtures both home and away. If we lose tonight it would be about 4 on the trot which, for a team like us, is unacceptable
From what I read on that comment we haven't been forechecking and hitting from the get go and setting the tempo of the game in the last few matches (as per the earlier games). add in the poor finishing, where as in the CHL and those games the forecheck speed and commitment was there.

RedDevil17

From what I read I thought we have been forechecking and hitting from the get go and setting the tempo of the game in the last few matches. It's been ok but poor finishing, where as in the CHL and those games the forecheck speed and commitment was there.
I’m not in MK tonight so I can’t really comment, all I know is that we’re losing to one of the worst teams in the league! We can’t afford to lose our games in hand. If we beat MK and Belfast tomorrow I’ll be happy. We need to hit every single thing that moves tomorrow. They will come in and attempt to bully us in our barn and we can’t let that happen. I’m sure we’ll win this tonight. I have faith in the team to turn it around.

Lord said at the start of the season we had sorted out our physical and hitting side of things. So far this season, I have seen absolutely nothing that backs that statement up...people wonder why the rink is flat almost every single game! Certain players have been anonymous recently (I’m not going to name any names!) and need to step up if we are have a 3peat. Let’s go Devils!

Last edited:

CaldicotDevil

EU style hockey doesn’t help. So boring. Teams have figured us out. Time to switch it up a bit, get a fight going or some sort of physical play. Wake us up a bit!
Thought this against fife but who have we got to fight? Batch is tough cookie but he seems to look for it less. Can’t blame him, as players mature they tend to look after themselves better to prolong their careers. Louis as an import D is too valuable to sit in the bin for 5 or maybe get a instigator penalty. It’s such a tough one with recruitment for Lord. Panthers signed Doty as enforcer but when they were in their rut he was the first player the fans wanted out the door in favour of better quality import.

Think it’s just a combinations of things at the minute. Get an ugly win and things will soon get back on track.

Devil94

EU style hockey doesn’t help. So boring. Teams have figured us out. Time to switch it up a bit, get a fight going or some sort of physical play. Wake us up a bit!
Anyone who thinks European hockey has no hitting, hasn't obviously watched many games from other leagues. There's more hitting in many European leagues than ours, even our league a few season ago. The players are generally smaller, so there's rarely a crunching hit, but many more hits are completed during a game than all teams in our league.