Money generator for the club .....

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
I can see Raffle fatigue will be setting in quite soon so I’ve been scratching my head as to a few ideas that could generate the club a few ££££.

Here’s an easy one ...... Supporters wall / paving.

So either inside (eventually) or preferably outside the arena (in the paved area) the club offer the opportunity for fans to create a custom message that will be inscribed in stone (bricks). There is something similar outside the Principality Stadium on the river side part of the stadium.

Lots of clubs do something similar and charge a decent amount for it (say £25.00).

Getting 500 fans to comit would generate £10,000.

1,000 fans is £25,000

Admittedly there is some minor building work to implement, but I’m sure the club would see a decent return if a good number of fans signed up.

Also provides some longevity for future fans to purchase.

Loads of room outside the rink so struggling to see why it can’t be done (although I’m sure I’ll be corrected).

moggy#9

I can see Raffle fatigue will be setting in quite soon so I’ve been scratching my head as to a few ideas that could generate the club a few ££££.

Here’s an easy one ...... Supporters wall / paving.

So either inside (eventually) or preferably outside the arena (in the paved area) the club offer the opportunity for fans to create a custom message that will be inscribed in stone (bricks). There is something similar outside the Principality Stadium on the river side part of the stadium.

Lots of clubs do something similar and charge a decent amount for it (say £25.00).

Getting 500 fans to comit would generate £10,000.

1,000 fans is £25,000

Admittedly there is some minor building work to implement, but I’m sure the club would see a decent return if a good number of fans signed up.

Also provides some longevity for future fans to purchase.

Loads of room outside the rink so struggling to see why it can’t be done (although I’m sure I’ll be corrected).
I think that this is a brilliant idea. It would also be an opportunity to memorialise some of the wonderful people who have been associated with the club, but who have sadly passed.

Problem with that would be that the land outside around the arena is probably owned by the council and not the devils.
so money generated would go to them???

Kevlar68

Yep your right. It's a public walkway.
The areas around stadiums are their ground which they own so they can sell off paving bricks

rocketbob

How about some sort of plaques or fixtures within the building as an alternative? I would definitely be up for this idea or something like it. Thanks for suggesting it.

Wannabe2

So there’s your answer, and Owen should know, thought it was a top idea myself but you can’t replace experience. Great that people are thinking of ideas to help, that what makes this club what it is.

Kevlar68

OK what about your name embossed on the back of seat? No different to having your name on a plaque on a wall or a brick on the floor. Just need to find a company that embosses on plastic and that's it. The seats are already there so cost is at a minimal to the Devils Org.

Last edited:
What about doing a raffle for a season ticket.. if a season ticket costs £400 then have a raffle of 1000 numbers and charge £10 a ticket?. Club would gain 600 and also whith potential for food purchases over the season win win. Just an idea..

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #12
Easy repeat money spinner ...... Electronic bill boarding applied to the side of the arena. It’s in a prime location, can be seen by a lot of passing traffic. Could be used to promote existing Sponsorship and could also be used as a promotional tool to create additional sponsorship.

Have Hope#35

What about doing a raffle for a season ticket.. if a season ticket costs £400 then have a raffle of 1000 numbers and charge £10 a ticket?. Club would gain 600 and also whith potential for food purchases over the season win win. Just an idea..
Decent idea and the club would actually gain £9600 as £10 x 1000 is £10k.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #17
Ok here’s today’s suggestion ..... everyone has some wall space, whether it be in the office, at home etc etc.

What looks good on walls? Prints and posters!

what would look cool - official Devils prints and posters.

Why - it’s cheap to produce and you only print them when the orders come in.

Devils must have a stack of images assembled over the years so expand the online Merch website to include posters and prints and allow the fans to scan through them all and order what they want!

All you need is a relationship with a print partner and away you go!

Easy!

Kevlar68

I get the idea BUT my partner went to a viewing of pictures BY Queens official photographer and 1' x 2' print from him was going to cost £125, I found the exact same picture on the net and got a framed print done 3' x 4' with discount for a third of the price.
So the pricing would dictate the demand.
The only way as a company to get prints cheaper is to order on mass but then you have to lay out money for something that might not sell.
If you order on demand the costs per picture will be higher which means selling cost will be higger.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Having no middle man like the Queenphotographer who was obviously making a killing helps, it’s a very good idea I reckon, anything that helps,our club is a bonus.

Hedd Wyn John

There are a number of ideas the Devils could explore:

Annual club membership for a set fee - members get a set of merchandise, exclusive offers etc.

Expanded merchandise range: training jersey’s, player canvasses, plus the prints and posters are a good idea. Get the players to sign them and you’ve got instant demand.