Mosey out injured

Temme

gutted.

I'm sure there is a very good reason that this is being announced now and not earlier when the club find out - hopefully this is because there's good news coming.

devastated for Mosey though; hopefully he has a good recovery, as someone that 'retired' from beer league because of MCL & ACL tear i know that it's something you really can't rush.

Diablo3

Big loss for us on and off the ice. ACL's are a pain(lost one too), so don't expect him back until maybe the playoffs next year. Just wish him all the best. It's a big pair of skates to fill, but at least it's the right time of year to be looking.

trapped

This is a big blow, but you would hope that the good news is coming. We'll miss Evan's speed and all around ability. I have no doubt that we will find a suitable replacement and look forward to welcoming Evan back.

Earnie

This is indeed very bad news. He brought so much every game. However Management will have known of the possibilities early on and planned accordingly. I have faith.

august04

It’s a long haul back from that injury, which can’t be rushed. We might not see Mosey on the ice at all next season, which I think I’d probably prefer, rather than him rush back and risk doing even greater damage. Rest up and heal completely. A real shame for him and us all.

Questions for anyone genuinely in the know:

What happens with the club financially when something like this happens? Do players have personal insurance or do the club insure them? Who pays Evan while he’s rehabilitating? Do GB shoulder the burden as it happened in international competition?

dave

On GB Duty
Ice Hockey UK will insure the players for GB Duty as it comes under their governance.
As stated though they will work with the club as far as care of player and ops etc. and the costs etc. as per the insurance policy.
Player could also have individual or extra insurance on top of that or club may have additional cover if they thoughts IHUK's was not enough. Only ones who would now are club/player re that.
For example we had insurance for officiating via IHUK but I also toke out extra personally as the cover was (and still is not) not that great.