Myers Re-signs for Nottingham

Chris

Administrator
And there goes the rumours of us signing him :)

Can't be many/any other brits out there we'd be looking to sign?

Chris.

Rempel16

Chris Stone said:
And there goes the rumours of us signing him :)

Can't be many/any other brits out there we'd be looking to sign?

Chris.
Wonder if Shaun Thompson is an option,

I would have thought Sample's stock has gone down considerably after his season with the Giants. Can't really see any other options.

I think Thompson could be an option. I liked his style (which would fit in well with G in the third line) and I was surprised to see how many points he got last season. I'd also be happy with Sample on the third line.

I don't know what other UK players that would be good enough and play a defensive third line game. (I'd rather see Davies play as tenth forward and take shifts on the top line as he's going to be an offensive player and I wouldn't want to see him playing a defensive role for much longer)

Anyway, that would give us two top-line imports and 2 import D men left to sign.

I suppose the other alternative is we back our D with three imports and the quality of our import forwards and go with someone like Rushton on the third line for bums on seats?

Rempel16

The best option would be to utilise our 10th import slot with an enforcer of sorts, be it a d-man or forward. Looks like Belfast have taken the lead with Mcmorrow and teams are going to need to counter him.

Samps would be a cheap deal for Cardiff or Newcastle thsi season seeing as he has just become a father and his girl is from Cardiff. Women always want their family around to help out with children.

Gazza272

D21 said:
Samps would be a cheap deal for Cardiff or Newcastle thsi season seeing as he has just become a father and his girl is from Cardiff. Women always want their family around to help out with children.

I wouldnt be suprised to See Sample end up in Newcastle to be more near his family to be honest Unless of course we are in fact going with 2 import D men left to sign which in effect would give us 3 lines of D.

ASHIPP

Sample's last season with us was fairly disappointing. Got the impression he didn't want to be there. :x Would be a backward step to sign him IMHO. Would much rather see someone who gave 100% commitment and effort EVERY game and got some results. Shaun Thompson was a name being discussed a few weeks back but didn't someone say the Club weren't interested in signing him? :? Shame that - I really think he would be a good 3rd line fit.

Yeah I wouldn't be too happy if we were to sign Sample.
I used to think he was amazing... having seen him play a few times in the (06/07) season.
But last season (07/08) he was a real dissapointment to me :/
If he had the form of (06/07) I'd take him back anyday, but that's not likely considering his form in Belfast this year :/
I also agree about Shaun Thompson... what a good signing that would be :)