New Coach.....

august04

Thread starter #41
It’s a bit of an impossible appointment; the culture within the club and the relationship the owners and TK will crave with the new coach points firmly at a former/current player. However the demand for success and trophies points firmly at an experienced coach and less of a gamble like a Chermonaz, Neilson, Adey, Weber type character (I don’t mean specifically those).

Lord has made himself almost irreplaceable. Fan favourite player, complete package as a player, player coach, built a team from scratch, played and coached with emotion and understood the fans, club and close to the ownership. But, most importantly, he delivered success by the bucketload and the best coach we ever had. Imagine taking over the reigns from that.
The new guy will at least have a good returning core of players from last year. In a way, not winning anything last year will help too (even though I’m sure we would have won the league) - we haven’t won the league title since 17/18 season, so that makes it a little easier to follow Lord in some ways, although the expectation to challenge every year for it will still be there. One thing is for sure, the new coach will have the support of the owners/management in terms of resources, budget etc. Interesting times ahead. Let’s just hope we have some hockey to watch!

Most successful is deemed by trophy counts! End of..

Oh, sorry I didn’t realise you were counting Aladdin Cups!!!
It’s a bit rich being lectured to about success by a Nottingham fan.
League championships are the real measure of success and they are about as frequent Nottingham as
Halley’s Comet!! End of..

Wannabe2

This Divvy ain’t a real Panthers fan, even if he thinks he is, he is disliked intensely on their forum and is thought of as a joke.

Kevlar68

I've clashed with you before Devilsatw on here, i've also agreed with you on here, that's what a forum is for but it wouldn't be such a colourful forum without you, it would be more............vanilla i would say.
We can't all agree but i do agree there is no room for abusive behaviour but heated discussions are always good and the odd wind up of course but all in jest.

Chris

Administrator
I'll deal with this later.

@Devilsatw if you don't want to be on here, then fine. Personally I don't particularly want to see you leave, but you must be able to see the way you post winds people up.

Everyone else, there's a report post feature if you don't like something that is posted, otherwise if it's blatently nonsense/trolling/stirring or whatever, maybe just ignore it and post your own opinions? It will soon disappear within the thread.

Chris

Administrator
Okay, i've deleted a load of replies, apologies if your post wasn't that bad, but I decided just to tidy the thread up and deleted the last day or so in the end.

Please, keep it civil, if you don't like posts from one member, ignore them, or report them, or stick them on mute.

There are far bigger things to be concerned about at the moment, such as who the coach might actually be... It's interesting reading the links that some people put together, I mean often it's 2+2=13, but it's still mildly interesting.

pjj365

Interesting interview with Todd on BIH Podcast

Initial recruitment him, Granny and Lordo - senior players/core will be involved be for putting to the owners.

Seems he had a shed load of applications when he got off the presser!!!

One thing he stressed - he does not want to risk what has been built in Cardiff - spirit/ethos

Think our faith will be rewarded

Kevlar68

I think no matter what team your going to coach its always going to be difficult.
The Devils Org. have recruited players to suit Lords way of coaching/playing so either they have to bring in someone similar to Lord as in coaching/playing style or hold on with the recruitment until the new coach is announced so they can build the team around the new coaches requirements from players.

jenks33

I wonder if we could tempt Gordie Dwyer over here. Obviously got to know the organisation when Zagreb spent the weekend here a few years ago. Coached Zagreb and Minsk in the KHL but spent last season coaching in the QMJHL and Canada u16’s. At 42 and having coached in the KHL I’m sure he’s looking at better leagues than the EIHL but here’s hoping.

pjj365

But we have signed more players than announced, Kelman admits that
I got the impression -and that is all it is AN IMPRESSION - that's all but about 5 new signings are already signed

On a side note - how is Lordo going to start work subscribing into USA & Canada from the UK is currently banned

kingmo19.1

Interesting interview with Todd on BIH Podcast

Initial recruitment him, Granny and Lordo - senior players/core will be involved be for putting to the owners.

Seems he had a shed load of applications when he got off the presser!!!

One thing he stressed - he does not want to risk what has been built in Cardiff - spirit/ethos

Think our faith will be rewarded
Granny :). I hope she’s fully upto speed with things :)

august04

Thread starter #56
I got the impression -and that is all it is AN IMPRESSION - that's all but about 5 new signings are already signed

On a side note - how is Lordo going to start work subscribing into USA & Canada from the UK is currently banned
He’s a Canadian citizen so I’m sure would be able to get back to Canada anyway, probably would have to quarantine for a period of time. Not sure what the situation is between Canada and the US though.

Leighton

He’s a Canadian citizen so I’m sure would be able to get back to Canada anyway, probably would have to quarantine for a period of time. Not sure what the situation is between Canada and the US though.
The land border is closed to non-essential traffic (work is by and large considered essential traffic) but you can fly between canada and the US with almost no issue assuming you can get a flight.

Ocko

I think no matter what team your going to coach its always going to be difficult.
The Devils Org. have recruited players to suit Lords way of coaching/playing so either they have to bring in someone similar to Lord as in coaching/playing style or hold on with the recruitment until the new coach is announced so they can build the team around the new coaches requirements from players.
Not necessarily although it helps. In North America the coaches have very little say in recruitment. They’re pretty much given their team by the GM and work with what they have so most coaches applying for the role won’t be adverse to working with a team they haven’t signed themselves.