New D man signs....Name announced on Monday

ASHIPP

phil PLT said:
Is this the best kept Devils secret in a long time :?:
There are probably some on here who know already but can't say.
Fun speculating though and we'll just have to tune in tomorrow!

Chellios!
Opening a steak and ribs house in the bay!
Detriot in a bad way, no money around!
Then I woke up from this dream, holding the Stanley Cup aloft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I was half awake, it was only my pillow! :D

Gospel

Personally, i hope its not Spiller. Just seen his fights, his record & he hasnt got a big win percentage and in this league he will get slammed for penalties, especially with Hicks! Seems to fight for no valid reason which isnt going to be good for the team. Personally, from looking at the fights he's a bit of a powder puff fighter anyway.

Franny did say in his interview that guy can play forward aswell as defense,very interesting hope he in the same mould has mike hoffman for giants who can play both aswell as scrap.

Gospel said:
Personally, i hope its not Spiller. Just seen his fights, his record & he hasnt got a big win percentage and in this league he will get slammed for penalties, especially with Hicks! Seems to fight for no valid reason which isnt going to be good for the team. Personally, from looking at the fights he's a bit of a powder puff fighter anyway.
I would prefer a guy who can play and fight a little over someone who wins his fights but isn't such a good player. Personally I think we need a big guy who can hit and clear people out of the way more than someone who will win fights (obviously if he could do it all that would be best).

Going by the hype of having the most NHL games of any player in the league you would like to think he would be a decent player, lets just hope he isn't over the hill.

Simmsy seems to think there's going to be a 'major' EIHL signing tomorrow.

I suppose this is likley to be it :cool:

Can't wait! Well done to the club for dealing with this fairly quickly!

Wannabe2

Lid said:
Gospel said:
I would prefer a guy who can play and fight a little over someone who wins his fights but isn't such a good player. Personally I think we need a big guy who can hit and clear people out of the way more than someone who will win fights (obviously if he could do it all that would be best).

Going by the hype of having the most NHL games of any player in the league you would like to think he would be a decent player, lets just hope he isn't over the hill.
Give the coach more credit mate.

Finny

Gospel said:
:shock:

Our fans are almost in unison that we need some experience and a physical presence in our defence. But you don't want us to sign a 6 foot 5 guy who has played almost his whole career in the NHL and AHL???????

So far this season the EIHL hasn't turned into the goon league we had feared. How many fights did Sawyer actually have whilst here?
Spiller would be an incredible signing for us. A big physical defenceman who can play but will fight when needed.

Gospel

Id be very happy with an experience player but one thats not going to be in the bin for stupid penalties. BV gets enough of that already and having 2 players of the same nature would be bad for the team.

If it is Spiller ive no doubt he would hold his own in the league but the video's of him fighting just show him dropping the gloves for no reason and taking nonesense penalties, anybody could do that no matter whether they are 6'5" of 5'8".

If it turns out to be Spiller and im proven wrong then i will be the first to say so!

He looks like an awesome player.

But he signed a $1.2 million contract just two years ago... since when did the devils have anywhere near that kinda money? :?

Would love to have him on the team though so will hope for some good news tomorrow :cool:

DevilDom

That's one hell of a punch!

He can definitely look after himself.

He is 29 and apparently a free agent so maybe looking to see a bit of europe?

When i was leaving the rink tonight someone has seen a link to the echo tomorrow morning confirming that it is Craig Weller who is signing for us :)