New D man signs....Name announced on Monday

Gazza272

Thread starter #1
Just had a text from the Hull game to say that we have signed a New D man and his name will be released in the Echo on monday.

Franny's words were 'he has the most number of NHL appearances in the league'

Very interesting.....

Chris

Administrator
Let's get the rumour mill going!

Phil Oreskovic - already rumoured...
Matt Spiller - played with Finnerty last season, 60 odd NHL games, but not the most...

Chris.

Chris

Administrator
I guess Chris Mcallister would fit the 'most nhl games of the current league players' role...

301 games...

Chris.

kettdevil1

Chris said:
I guess Chris Mcallister would fit the 'most nhl games of the current league players' role...

301 games...

Chris.

Hmmmm maybe, was superb, now I am not so sure. -34 at Wichita last season doesn't exactly inspire confidence....

Martynwo

I didn't recognise the 6' + guy standing aside the Devils bench tonight. He applauded each goal and went into the dressing room each period break. Could he be here already ???

Sounds like Matt Spiller, but he's had less NHL games than Brad Smyth and Ben Simon.. If it is Spiller then it's a good signing and an upgrade on Sawyer as a player looking at his stats and level he's played at... He's not as tough as Sawyer though and certainly not an enforcer..

zoesdevil

oneill said:
Sounds like Matt Spiller, but he's had less NHL games than Brad Smyth and Ben Simon.. If it is Spiller then it's a good signing and an upgrade on Sawyer as a player looking at his stats and level he's played at... He's not as tough as Sawyer though and certainly not an enforcer..
I've seen 2 of his fights on YouTube and he looks pretty tasty to me in his fights and looks like he could certainly hold his own in the league!!!

zoesdevil said:
oneill said:
I've seen 2 of his fights on YouTube and he looks pretty tasty to me in his fights and looks like he could certainly hold his own in the league!!!
http://www.dropyourgloves.com/Fights/Fi ... layer=5647 -- There's his fight card.. Quality player at this level and he's tough enough but not an enforcer so it looks like Voth will be the go to guy again if Spiller has signed.. But I think he will defo improve the Devils team..

ASHIPP

Chris said:
Matt Spiller - played with Finnerty last season, 60 odd NHL games, but not the most...

Chris.
Thought Spiller joined Bloomington just after Finnerty left there last season? But he would have played with Sawyer, I think. But Bloomington is definately the link there, whatever!

Spiller looks class but there are others mentioned who have had even more experience. :)