New Devils coach found!

Wannabe2

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is the attraction here, is it juice and Del Monte, it takes us youngsters awhile to catch up.

KaneDevils

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is the attraction here, is it juice and Del Monte, it takes us youngsters awhile to catch up.
Yeah, the tweet was something like "let's get ready to be juiced" or similar. Could be a cryptic clue. Del monte do fruit juice, Bieska is nicknamed "the juice".

Earnie

Amber Energy is a juice. Del Monte are a huge fruit and juice producer in California.
SK said Juices.
I don’t know the people anyway but there is a clue there somewhere!
Kevin Bieksa (Juice)
(KaneDevils got their first)

Last edited:

Mazzoak

I get the cryptic Juice, but both guys so far, no cant see why a head coach of 18 yr olds from the Ontario Junior Hockey League would fit coaching & coming up against experienced guys in the EIHL and potentially CHL.
I‘d be looking at probably a contact from the CHL, someone who played or assisted in games we’d competed against in Cardiff. I still get a sinking feeling Matt Pope is the next Coach. Ex NHL I doubt they’ve not got a great history in the U.K. Bordy, that guy we signed who bolted out of Cardiff, the one who coached Nottingham (l think). I’m kinda over the hyped guys, they tend to just arrive and fizzle out........

Ibbz9

I think it could be Thommo. The juice relates to orange (Steelers). If he applied, there would be few with better CVs. He has a history of staying for longer periods at a club. Plenty of players in the past have been "hated" on other teams, yet become fan favourites when they sign. All he would have to do is win trophies and fans will forget.
Could be way off, but his CV would likely better all others.
As for Linglet/Pope etc, we have no idea how they are as a head coach. To make a statement along the lines of the new guy being long term makes no sense with an unproven coach.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Absolutely certain you can rule both those guys out, Thommo never in a million years, 1600 people would ask for their money back, Faryna his wife would never allow it.

SteveKing

Looks like we dodged a real bullet here. Wouldn’t want to see 1600 people cancel their tickets! Besides, Thommo still has to receive counseling every time he comes to Cardiff from all the big losses he’s had there!

looking forward to Tuesday. It’s not that I’m hyping up who we’ve hired, it’s just that it’s nice to have something good to talk about after so many months of negativity. This person has a personality that we’re all going to love.

Mazzoak

Justin Farnya as coach. How can this be put politely, the guy has urges and needs & few haven’t drunk his................ok thats not appropriate,

Ibbz9

I would be surprised too but stranger things have happened. Fans would not stay away if it was Thommo. There may be a few but those fans would be replaced quickly if the team continued to win.
It would need to be an impressive CV to be better than Thommo's.