New Devils coach found!

SteveKing

Appreciate the very positive responses on here. Thank you. You’re all going to love Jarrod “Juice” Skalde. Such a personable guy. Every one of his former employers and players just loved him and would want him back. Very hard worker and experienced enough where he knows what buttons to push - and what not to. Should be a very good recruiter given his breadth of experience and how well liked he is in the hockey community.

exciting times to have a fresh face and something to look forward to. Just a small thing to look after first before we start playing...

jenks33

Fair play Steve you’re always good for a clue. I was looking through EliteProspects for any coaches with the initials OJ or coaches with a surname of Simpson, Faryna or Bieksa. I was miles off

Finny

Been reading all the articles and watching the videos and thinking "this feels really weird and different".

At first I thought it was just because we had got used to Lordo for so long, so tried to think back to when we last had a new, new coach.........

But unless I'm missing someone, (and I'm not counting Ken Southwick) this really is new territory.

I can't think of any previous coach who was completely new to the Devils and to the UK game?

moggy#9

Been reading all the articles and watching the videos and thinking "this feels really weird and different".

At first I thought it was just because we had got used to Lordo for so long, so tried to think back to when we last had a new, new coach.........

But unless I'm missing someone, (and I'm not counting Ken Southwick) this really is new territory.

I can't think of any previous coach who was completely new to the Devils and to the UK game?
John Griffith, iirc came from the Netherlands.

My mate played golf with him and the former Blaze coach when in Cincinnati, says "he's a good guy and knows his stuff", coming from him that's glowing praise.

jenks33

Looking through Skalde’s CV there are plenty of Devils links.
Looks like he played with Ziga Svete during his time in Slovenia.
Played with Linglet, Mike Garrow and Regan Darby in Utah.
Played with Frank Evans at Las Vegas Thunder.
Played with John Parco at Belleville Bulls

Coached A.Hotham and Carl Hudson in Cincinnati.
Coached Ryan Finnerty and Justin Sawyer in Bloomington

matbur

It really sounds like this has been a very considered and well thought out appointment by the Devils. I have to confess, I wasn't familiar with him until earlier today, but he seems to have plenty of attributes that make him well suited for the role. I'm really looking forward to see him putting his stamp on the team.

Now we just need hockey to return so we can properly begin this new chapter.

Great job Devils...

Mazzoak

Interesting signing considering the calibre of those who’d applied. Can’t wait for an outside professional coach, add into the mix owners who want to recruit the best, money not an issue, guaranteed winning. Fingers crossed when the season does start every club has survived..........

Welcome to Cardiff.