New Devils Jerseys

Hedd Wyn John

Just got an email from the Devils. There's a season ticket holders exclusive event Tuesday 16th August where they will be displaying the new jerseys.

Samael

Loyalty reward, just like the ST exclusive Jersey, l do hope the ST one isn't a sponsor free or different design compared to the general release one though. I can't justify a ST this year due to my work schedule and the general cost so I'll be pissed off if its a nice one locked behind a ST. If there starts to be a have and have not mentality at the club lll be spending less and less time and money there.

Gavevs88

Loyalty reward, just like the ST exclusive Jersey, l do hope the ST one isn't a sponsor free or different design compared to the general release one though. I can't justify a ST this year due to my work schedule and the general cost so I'll be pissed off if its a nice one locked behind a ST. If there starts to be a have and have not mentality at the club lll be spending less and less time and money there.
So you don't agree ST holders should have some benefits?

Kevlar68

I've been a game by game buyer and a season ticket holder and yes I think ST holders do deserve perks, shirt sponsorship and first option for cup tickets and a discount or two but what I hate is that some ST fans, not all, feel they should be entitled to things due to the ST.
I never felt I should be treated any different as a ST holder to a ticket buyer, my choice to buy the season ticket without having extras dangled in front of me, I got per game cheaper so that was enough for me.

Samael

So you don't agree ST holders should have some benefits?
Aren't you already getting the benefit of a discount on the price of the ticket for buying it in advance, not to mention a guaranteed seat of your choosing. I don't want to start a fight now but you sounded quite entitled in your previous post. Season ticket holders are very important to the club, l've been one myself in the past but l never expected additional benefits on top. I was paying to support the club and watch games that is all l was expecting.

Gavevs88

Aren't you already getting the benefit of a discount on the price of the ticket for buying it in advance, not to mention a guaranteed seat of your choosing. I don't want to start a fight now but you sounded quite entitled in your previous post. Season ticket holders are very important to the club, l've been one myself in the past but l never expected additional benefits on top. I was paying to support the club and watch games that is all l was expecting.
Not entitled at all, was merely asking your opinion.

Some of the other clubs in the league give their ST holders a lot more benefits than we've had over the last couple of years.

That was all...

Samael

OK, you asked my opinion, l gave you it....

My opinion hasn't changed regarding entitlement and what other clubs do is irrelevant in this context.

If you don't like it, don't ask. Simple as that.

Gavevs88

OK, you asked my opinion, l gave you it....

My opinion hasn't changed regarding entitlement and what other clubs do is irrelevant in this context.

If you don't like it, don't ask. Simple as that.
Wow, some people just love to pick a fight nowadays don't they. No wonder a lot of people are terrified to make a comment on here in case they get attacked for it. We all support the same team you know.

Swarley

It's just opinions, it's not a fight it's a debate.
Shouldn't even be a debate tbh, season ticket perks are exactly that, they're the perks of investing in a season ticket, can't afford a season ticket? That sucks and I understand not everyone has the time or money for one.

And with regards to the season ticket holders jersey, they've done them before in the past so why is it an issue now?

I hope it's an absolutely fantastic design one that completely knocks the socks off previous ones so everyone who gets one can proudly wear it as its a conversion starter, people will see them want one for themselves ask about them and then want to look into getting a season ticket with the hopes of being able to get one in the future.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

It's not the fact season ticket holders get perks, that's not what the debate was about.
The debate was the entitlement, expectation of what a season ticket holder should get. Some saying we should get this or we should get that.

I'll give you as a season ticket holder what i expect. I buy a season ticket so i have the seat i want every game and because it's cheaper per game than game by game tickets, that's all i expect.
A club states in advance what your going to get for your season ticket which usually is your seat and discount per game, that's it.
So no one should be expecting anything more. If then a club adds a little bonus along the way then that's even better and a thank you from the club which is always welcome.
I do not buy my season ticket on the basis i should be given more than the season ticket itself.

Samael

It's a slippery slope though isn't it and it leads to entitlement and expectation. I've stated already the benefits of being a season ticket holder being the discount and the guaranteed seat of your choosing, then you get statements like:

"We didn't get much if anything last year apart from a discount for the shop once or twice."
and
"Some of the other clubs in the league give their ST holders a lot more benefits than we've had over the last couple of years. "

Statements like this sound like people wanting more and more season on season. What next I wonder, better quality seats for season ticket holders made of leather with a little red carpet underneath? I don't agree with exclusive perks like the Jersey either as I think it's divisive and will create a have and have not atmosphere, but that is the club's decision, just like it's my decision whether to invest the time and money in a season ticket.

Samael

And with regards to the season ticket holders jersey, they've done them before in the past so why is it an issue now?

I hope it's an absolutely fantastic design one that completely knocks the socks off previous ones so everyone who gets one can proudly wear it as its a conversion starter, people will see them want one for themselves ask about them and then want to look into getting a season ticket with the hopes of being able to get one in the future.
I don't agree.

If there had been previous ST exclusive jerseys they weren't high profile enough for me, personally, to notice or care.

Also, a jersey locked behind a season ticket is not going to make someone get a season ticket if they can't invest the time or the money to begin with.

The statement above is pretty ridiculous really and smacks of "I'm alright Jack"

but hey best I keep my opinions to myself so as to not "terrify" the snowflakes in the community.

Swarley

I don't agree.

If there had been previous ST exclusive jerseys they weren't high profile enough for me, personally, to notice or care.

Also, a jersey locked behind a season ticket is not going to make someone get a season ticket if they can't invest the time or the money to begin with.

The statement above is pretty ridiculous really and smacks of "I'm alright Jack"

but hey best I keep my opinions to myself so as to not "terrify" the snowflakes in the community.
If anyone is acting like a snowflake it would be you mate, complaining about not being able to get a jersey that is intended for season ticket holders.

There have been a few season ticket holders jerseys that I'd of loved to get my hands on but I missed out because it was before I had a chance to own a season ticket.

If you want one that badly you must know someone with a season ticket who might not want the jersey so pay them the money to get the jersey and then you get what you want.

Samael

Do you know what a snowflake is? Clearly not, so let me explain. Something that melts or is damaged easily and is sensitive to their environment.

If that is your perception of my take on people's expectations to get more for a ST other than the benefits you pay for then l don't know what to say other than 'lol' and 'mate'.

Oh and it is not your decision if something should or should not be a debate or topic of conversation here.

voth26

We're you a ST holder when they did the green shirt a year or two back