New Jerseys

pjj365

None of them get me excited except maybe the black but that's me every year - I prefer to see them in real life before buying. So probably won't buy one.

But I get it - there's a market there so it would stupid not to satisfy it. That's not just about making money but satisfying the market. This comes at a cost to that market with a profit to the club. That's basic economics.

I also wonder if, being a clean shirt, people might wear them as casual wear as do supporters of other, less sponsor dependent, sports. If so, when we're allowed out that will be good PR

Loving the no sponsors - think it makes sense in these times and nice for us fans to be able to support the club while also getting something out of it. They're not cheap so don't blame people for not buying

Mazzoak

But I get it - there's a market there so it would stupid not to satisfy it. That's not just about making money but satisfying the market. This comes at a cost to that market with a profit to the club. That's basic economics.
Is there a market, as strong as a normal season. Higher sales price would indicate higher manufacturing cost. I’m assume there contracted to a minimum order value rather than a buy when sold. Now would’ve been a great time to reinvent normal.

Rhyan48

True, many people call for a cleaner jersey like the NHL - this will be rare opportunity to get one like that.

They are all nice (especially the green) but the black is not for me (never been a green and black fan).

And personally not a fan of the Xmas one
Yeah I agree with you there ! Like I said personally I like them and like you just noted you won’t get another opertunity to get them with out the sponsors very unlikely anyway ! But it is each to they own , I’m with you there , I orderd the green and red with my name and number on back !
Never been a fan of black jerseys my self , the white is also nice may end up ordering that one too later on down the line

pjj365

Is there a market, as strong as a normal season. Higher sales price would indicate higher manufacturing cost. I’m assume there contracted to a minimum order value rather than a buy when sold. Now would’ve been a great time to reinvent normal.
There is definitely a market if here, Twitter and FB are anything to go by. It will inevitably be restricted without the shop but advance ordering on line will enable this market to be met without stocking costs

As to shirt cost. Todd has given an on line "tour". They are not replicas but game standard so they will be more expensive

E.D.S.

Can’t fault them. A shirt from the season that never was, special one for season ticket holders, rare to have a clean one with no sponsor, great design and still able to have a player of your choice whether they are here or not... and also for those in a position to do so, support the club whilst buying them in time for Xmas. That’s my interpretation. Horses for courses. It won’t be the same for everyone so fully understand some of the challenges that people have raised. In my mind it’s one of the best and cleanest jerseys since the old Curran Oil classics.

...and Yep, I found the sizes very confusing when comparing to previous.

Mazzoak

There is definitely a market if here, Twitter and FB are anything to go by. It will inevitably be restricted without the shop but advance ordering on line will enable this market to be met without stocking costs

As to shirt cost. Todd has given an on line "tour". They are not replicas but game standard so they will be more expensive
Im sure they’ll be a resounding success then..........

terry hunt

Just for info i have ordered a 3XL direct from Andy not from the shop.
If anyone wants the larger size give them a call before the order goes in.

Rhyan48

Rhyan48 - regarding the size- are you a medium or big bloke? I am medium but definately not a slim fit!
Rhyan48 - regarding the size- are you a medium or big bloke? I am medium but definately not a slim fit!
I normally where a xl mate but found the xxl in as a nicer fit I like things a bit bigger I’m not small but not fat if makes sense I can fit in a large jersey from last season just find the 2xl is a little longer and just that bit bigger

Gazr76

Can’t fault them. A shirt from the season that never was, special one for season ticket holders, rare to have a clean one with no sponsor, great design and still able to have a player of your choice whether they are here or not... and also for those in a position to do so, support the club whilst buying them in time for Xmas. That’s my interpretation. Horses for courses. It won’t be the same for everyone so fully understand some of the challenges that people have raised. In my mind it’s one of the best and cleanest jerseys since the old Curran Oil classics.

...and Yep, I found the sizes very confusing when comparing to previous.
Yes exactly. Heard these new ones are very similar in size and fit to last years jersey's. Last years jersey's were definitely smaller then 2018-2019 design. A 2019-2020 extra large jersey was more like a 2018-2019 large . A 2019-2020 XXL was more like a XL jersey from 2018-2019 etc.
But if you compare the dimensions on the sizing chart on the website for a 2020-2021 XL jersey its HUGE when compared to a 2018-2019 XL. Which is why I am confused as people are saying that these new jersey's will have the same sizing characteristics as last years jersey's. But this is NOT correct if based on the sizing guide on the website. I normally wear an XL jersey but by going by the size chart I am way better of with a large.

Kevlar68

We bought 3 of the black jerseys last season, M, L and XL and the sleeves on all were to short, definitely not the right length for the size of shirt but the body size was perfect for us but we also didn't like the material quality last season.
You think of the quality of the previous seasons shirt even costing a tiny bit more it was better quality for the money.

Last edited:

revilo

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but just wanted to hear further opinions on the sizing of the current jerseys. Planning on buying one for my brother's birthday. Compared to the sizing chart he would be around about a large (using measurements for an old style jersey of the dimensions I would like, which is also L), although width is given as slightly smaller. However worried when I read all these comments about them being on the smaller size. The sizing on the XL looks a massive step up. Brother is about 6ft, not skinny, but not massive either - I would imagine wheres an XL t-shirt. Any help appreciated!

NathanG

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but just wanted to hear further opinions on the sizing of the current jerseys. Planning on buying one for my brother's birthday. Compared to the sizing chart he would be around about a large (using measurements for an old style jersey of the dimensions I would like, which is also L), although width is given as slightly smaller. However worried when I read all these comments about them being on the smaller size. The sizing on the XL looks a massive step up. Brother is about 6ft, not skinny, but not massive either - I would imagine wheres an XL t-shirt. Any help appreciated!
He sounds like he has similar body composition to me. I'm 6'2, not skinny but not quite the brick shit house I'd like to be. I'd go with an XL.

Just wait till the end of the week for the Devils summit in Calgary. There's a chance they might release new jerseys for the upcoming season.

Devils86

As NathG has said there will likely be new jerseys released for new season. But if you are intent on a 'clean' jersey I can check my one tonight/tomorrow with comparison to previous years...

I'm around 6ft, slightly rotund but not massive - usually wear a Large over a hoodie or t-shirt.

revilo

Thanks, if you could compare that would be great.. will likely go for the current one as the birthday is early August so doubt new Jersey's will be in by then, but maybe I'll wait until they are released to see the score