New Manchester Rink

kettdevil1

Planet Ice are the chosen operators, they aren’t responsible for the build. Peel Waters, TraffordCities and ICITIES are behind the build.

Why cynical about Planet Ice? Serious question. For all their faults, they’re the only operator trying to get new rinks in the country and keeping many open when if they didn’t they’d close. Some of their facilities, like Bristol and Leeds, are great. I think often their reputation is built upon decrepit rinks and the BBT which were in a poor state or not fit for purpose before they were even involved.
I think they are perceived to take a cost cutting approach to many rinks but you are right, at least they are actually trying to push things forward. Given the publicity around this build, I would be very surprised if it did not happen, it's being touted as a big regen project in the GMA and the big guns are backing it.

moggy#9

Planet Ice are the chosen operators, they aren’t responsible for the build. Peel Waters, TraffordCities and ICITIES are behind the build.

Why cynical about Planet Ice? Serious question. For all their faults, they’re the only operator trying to get new rinks in the country and keeping many open when if they didn’t they’d close. Some of their facilities, like Bristol and Leeds, are great. I think often their reputation is built upon decrepit rinks and the BBT which were in a poor state or not fit for purpose before they were even involved.
There are a myriad of stories about they way they run various rinks and how they poorly maintain and run them. People I know who have had personal dealings with them have been less than complimentary.