New Owners

Wannabe2

Okay folks soon be ready to get this show back on the road, new owners, new era, new season, and a new Arena on the horizon, what's that saying.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Ocko

If Kelman manages to run this club even half as well as the Giants, the future is looking superb.

Great news for the club.

wildthing74

So glad its finally confirmed and we can move on.If I could have hand picked any other GM to run our club it would be him.Anybody who has been to Belfast just once can see how hard he works for them.

dave

Same as wildthing! just what the club needs in last yearof rink and it will eb a postive build up to new rink and beyond. Chuffed for every Devils fan today

Ocko

Just a quick look at the new owner's Steve King's company, Alaris Royalty, they have some serious money. Contributing $30m in one company last year!

Unbelievable to have TK on board - as mentioned, if you could hand pick someone to be our GM he would be top of the list.

Gone from almost walking away from the Devils to now cannot wait for the season to start...will be straight down to get my ST sorted as soon as the new company is up and running.

To copy Wannabe - Happy Hockey Days...are here again :)

Foxy

Cant stop smiling :D

Said to my son the other week we needed someone like Todd Kellman but never thought for a minute we'd get him.

Well chuffed. :Banana :pickle

Ocko

The devils press release made it sound like he was running both, but he has definitely resigned with the Giants.

Cannot believe it, who in their right mind would have believed this until today! We just got much, much stronger in every area.

Steve King must have some serious ambition/cash to prise Todd away from Belfast.

Welcome to Cardiff Todd!

Beyond devastated by this news today Giants have lost their heart and soul. You guys have got a star in TK fear for the Giants future now enjoy your rise to the top.

zoesdevil

Ocko said:
The devils press release made it sound like he was running both, but he has definitely resigned with the Giants.

Cannot believe it, who in their right mind would have believed this until today! We just got much, much stronger in every area.

Steve King must have some serious ambition/cash to prise Todd away from Belfast.

Welcome to Cardiff Todd!
I also thought this with the press release.

Devil94

Amazing how in 24 hours, feelings and expectations for the club can change. We are now an attractive club for players to join, and instead of worrying that we'll play our first game with only Bowns on the ice, we can be a real force under these two.

SadDayGiant said:
Beyond devastated by this news today Giants have lost their heart and soul. You guys have got a star in TK fear for the Giants future now enjoy your rise to the top.
definitely a big loss for Belfast, and a massive bonus for Cardiff....but don't understand fully why you say you fear for the Giants!!!!!
If you read his statement, he was concentrating on the Commercial side of thing with the introduction of Steve Thornton. Who will have complete control.
Im sure it was a wrench for Todd to move from Belfast, but these things happen in business. Im also sure that the co-owner as well as GM aspect appealed to him, plus it is no secret that he and Dave Whistle have always had a strong friendship over the years and could have helped sway his decision.
He will certainly pull Cardiff Devils up by their bootstraps and set them on a better route than the one they were on.

So I for one say ....Thanks for all the years of hard work and dedication you have put in at Belfast, its on to pastures new.... Good Luck Todd (just not against us ;) )

treat him well :(

he'll do some things you will love, he'll do some things you'll hate but everything will be done in the name of the Devils.

just have to read the reactions from our lot to see the kind of impact he made with us.

he isn't just the right man for you, he's probably the only man who can do what you need him to do.

Everything's turned out Milhouse! :Banana

I wonder how long this has been on the cards and if any of our players that have left might wanna change their minds given the new situation?

Wannabe2

Mark666 said:
Everything's turned out Milhouse! :Banana

I wonder how long this has been on the cards and if any of our players that have left might wanna change their minds given the new situation?
Who has left.