Official: 2020-2021 League suspended

Earnie

It was to be expected so no surprises there. Good luck to all our fabulous guys who got jobs elsewhere and don’t forget we need you back!!

august04

They're still holding out hope (well faint hope) of some kind of restart in the new year. Im not holding my breath on that.
Me neither. Also, a shortened league without the full compliment of teams (no Belfast, Nottingham?) doesn’t really appeal to me to be honest - certainly hope any season ticket bought for this year wouldn’t apply to that eventuality, but rather for season 21/22.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #7
Me neither. Also, a shortened league without the full compliment of teams (no Belfast, Nottingham?) doesn’t really appeal to me to be honest - certainly hope any season ticket bought for this year wouldn’t apply to that eventuality, but rather for season 21/22.
It sounds like a non starter tbh. Oh well just hope covid dies down and the league can't start up next summer.

Earnie

My head says Hockey next August. My head says too many people think there isn’t a problem. My head says too many going abroad. My head says too many just don’t care any more. My head says it will get worse before it gets better.
ok- I need my head examined haha!

Last edited:

moggy#9

My head says Hockey next August. My head says too many people think there isn’t a problem. My head says too many going abroad. My head says too many just don’t care any more. My head says it will get worse before it gets better.
ok- I need my head examined haha!
Sadly I agree with you. The determination and community spirit of six months ago has gone because people have become bored with the pandemic.

NathanG

As long as you self isolate when you get back..lol..it will get to the stage govt will stop flights to europe as it's pretty bad over there now, especially france
I used France without giving it any thought haha. I'll definitely venture onto the continent in search of hockey though. Plenty of leagues are going ahead but will have to pick sensibly as I cant afford to take 2 weeks off to self isolate haha

Mazzoak

The latest Furlough figures taken mid August show 4 million people still on Furlough.

The time is coming closer, a lot of countries will start accepting the Virus cannot be controlled, premature deaths will be inevitable as the economic consequences become a higher issue than people’s health. Particularly when those affected worse are groups of people who’ve ignored their own health wellbeing. Particularly smokers & obese. Ironically l passed a group of waitresses taking a smoking break and bemoaning those people choosing not to wear a mask indoors.

No Government can finance people’s lifestyles. We may return to normality for those less at risk, those at high risk, well maybe they’ll need to isolate until a cure is found.