One player wish list

Kevlar68

Thread starter #1
So, the season seems to be a goer.
We have an empty roster.
You have only a one player wish list, not a and, or answer just one player.
Who would you like to see signed or resigned?
Realistic signings within our budget.

Rhyan48

So, the season seems to be a goer.
We have an empty roster.
You have only a one player wish list, not a and, or answer just one player.
Who would you like to see signed or resigned?
Realistic signings within our budget.
Martin 100% he is the soul of Cardiff and our captain

Wannabe2

Joey Martin, Mr Cardiff, our Capt as said his soul is Welsh, he told me he can’t wait to return to Cardiff, he loves Cardiff as much as Cardiff loves him. Absolutely no brainer my favourite player since Doug McEwen, you build a team around a player like Joey his passion for the Devils couldn’t be bigger if he was born in Ely, Fairwater, Canton, Grangetown etc etc etc. He is our Tom Jones, Joe Calzalge, Anthony Hopkins, John Charles,and Gareth Edwards rolled into one, what a pure joy it is watching Joey, our Joey, Welsh Joey. Anyway difficult it may be,but Mr Martin.

ASHIPP

Joey Martin is the foundation of everything at our Club. He is to Cardiff Devils what Crosby is to the Penguins.... on and off the ice.

Wannabe2

Fournier for me, he filled Hothams boots and more, solid defence and awesome in attack, just look at the goals he scored..
Loved Fournier but filled Hothams boots and more, not for me, fournier was truly a great player and would love to see him back, but Hotham scored, hit, fought, was very oral to his team mates, and would die on the ice for Cardiff. To me Hotham was maybe the best D Man we have ever had, and that’s a big statement.

Hockeymad

Loved Fournier but filled Hothams boots and more, not for me, fournier was truly a great player and would love to see him back, but Hotham scored, hit, fought, was very oral to his team mates, and would die on the ice for Cardiff. To me Hotham was maybe the best D Man we have ever had, and that’s a big statement.
Hotham was really good but I wouldn't say the best we ever had.

Teplitsky is my favourite. Not sure if Craig weller played d for us he was better than Hotham too.

Wannabe2

Weller was a amazing player, but only played 39 games for us unfortunately, Teplitsky another real beauty, as was Lindman. But all in all Hotham was the Mutts Nutts.

jenks33

As others have said it has to be Joey Martin doesn’t it? Still only 32 and has plenty left to offer. Seems to really love the club and the city as well

As far as potential new players that skalde might recruit I’ve been looking at the rosters he had at Norfolk and Wilkes-Barre. Obviously it’s pure guesswork but you would imagine there might be one or two players with us next year that Skalde has previously coached. The first realistic player that jumped out at me was Cam Brown. Skalde coached him at Wilkes-Barre and he was top point scorer for SonderjyskE in Denmark last season. Another name is Charlie Sarault. Spent a couple of seasons in Norfolk with Skalde. Spent the last 5 years in Europe and has had good seasons in Germany, Finland and Denmark. As I said, pure guesswork.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/96859/cameron-brown
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/31563/charlie-sarault

Rempel16

Hotham would have been a 10+ season NHLer... if his skating was better.
His vision, creativity and on-ice awareness were all A grade, but his skating wouldn’t have cut it at the top.

Joey Martin would be my wish.

kingmo19.1

Rutkiss for me, has to come back ;-)

Seriously, has to be Martin, but I’d like to see the youngsters get more icetime as you never know what they can do until they get their heads! Remember Chinny!

moggy#9

I'm going to take a view of this as being about new players. On that basis Ryan Bernard would be an interesting netminder to go with bownsy (yes, I know I'm cheating). That said, it's probably unlikely since he got called up to the ahl.

JC23

I’m going to go with the “new player” option, and would love to see Dan Kissel come to us from Norway (Stavanger) seeing the numbers he put up this past season alongside Joey.

Sadly seems like he’s signed again for next year.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #20
If its true then so be it, we move on. Since 86 we've seen many great players come and go and we've always come back from any departure.