Open training night tomorrow

mjh

I know it was only training but quite a few caught my eye. Masi looked very very good as did Jardine. Also McNamee looked quality. Marry didn't ice due to a niggle. Excited about seeing Duggan this year. He looks like a really strong prospect for us. Roll on the games.

Devilsatw

I have said McNamee I can see getting 50 plus points I think he’s gunna be a real gem.

One question though £90 for a jersey name and number??

Who’s smoking the crack here??

How much for a jersey??! Outrageous.

Also, comparing previous prices at previous years.... even more of a rip off. Ordering a jersey with the name on the back is of zero extra cost to the supplier. Pure profiteering. Ask any rec team who use Bayside, Rhino or any other UK company - it’s the same price whether you are having 1 logo or 30, name and number or whatever you want.

The_Puck

Just got back home, was a great night.

Jardine was a standout for me, very good stickhandling, quite fast and looks a big unit out there.
Masi was also excellent, very gritty even for a training session and reminds me of a younger Haddad as he loves to drive the net and handles then puck extremely well.
McNamee looks an absolute gem, very quick, finishes all his chances and again excellent on the puck.
I didn’t see much of McMonagle but WOW can he take penalty shots. Something we’ve been missing for years.
And Riley was also great tonight. I couldn’t stand him when he was in Belfast so it’s a joy he’s here playing for us.
Also quickly Duggan keeps getting better and better and could be a great in the future. Haddad looks like him old self as he was excellent tonight.
All in all was a great night. Can’t wait for Saturday.

Devils86

Been documented before how the stitched jerseys far outstrip the printed ones from a fan view...

When (very) hammered last year (and in the spirit of the CHL) I swapped jerseys with a Davos fan - their jersey was awful. Fully printed jerseys are worth the £20/30 they go for.

It’s expensive for a jersey but if you want to pay it then you will. It’s a personal choice - I’m doubting whether I’ll spend £45 quid on a non-league football shirt this year...but will happily drop £60 for one of those black Devils jerseys...

All subjective. All personal preference. Adds up if you have a family mind you.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #35
All the new lads caught the eye, McNamee is a pure sniper, looks very very good, should be a big scorer,McMonagle looks awesome, great skater and is going to be a joy to watch, Jardine big, fast, great hands and one to watch you will love him, Riley, well you know what you get with Blair, great, great signing, and then there’s Masi, this guy is going to be a fan favourite, pure character, great skater, big body, fast hands, and certainly one to watch. Yes it was only a training night, but all these new lads caught the eye. Also more great news, Haddad looks as warm as toast, he was back to the Haddad we all love. Great to see Martin getting the C, no brainer really, he was very humble but also very proud to accept it. Then theirs all the returning stars, and they all look as good as ever, this believe me is a very, very good looking squad, my hat goes off to another awesome job by Lordo & Co, he looks extremely proud about his team and rightly so. For those who couldn’t make it last night, you have something Lush to look forward to, yes Giants look very good, yes Steelers look very good, and they are going to have to be very, very good to beat these lads, and that’s the truth. We all know it’s different on game night, when hits are coming in, and it’s pure competitive, yes I really do love my team, but it won’t be long now when you can see it with your own eyes, anyway will leave you now with these truthful words.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Gazza272

Just a question: if any of you stayed behind for the newbie interviews what sort of stuff did they say?? Had to leave early.
All of the guys spoke very eloquently and each one seemed to have a certain jump and charisma about them.

After what has been an off season of many seemingly struggling to get excited about this team compared to others, I thought there was a tangible sense of optimism and excitement after the crowd got a glimpse of this roster.