Panthers Vs Devils - League - 17th April 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head to Lace City for the last game of the regular season. Panthers gave the Blaze a good roistering the other night so clearly have suddenly started playing for next years contracts. There's nothing riding on it for either team whos positions are locked but both will want momentum going into the playoffs.

Pembo

Was hoping for a nice confidence booster for the players heading into the playoffs but seems Panthers have managed to sign a proper keeper now from Storm. Technically if we’re players down going into playoffs could we half-inch an Ehrhardt & a Brady please?!!

moggy#9

Was hoping for a nice confidence booster for the players heading into the playoffs but seems Panthers have managed to sign a proper keeper now from Storm. Technically if we’re players down going into playoffs could we half-inch an Ehrhardt & a Brady please?!!
No, as had been said elsewhere the signing deadline is long gone, only emergency goalie replacements are allowed.

Pembo

No, as had been said elsewhere the signing deadline is long gone, only emergency goalie replacements are allowed.
The Sheffield move would be to officially bring Adam Brady as goalkeeping cover and tweet a picture of him padded up before him playing the entire playoffs as a first line forward and watch the league do nothing about it.

Kevin roog

I’ll go panthers 5 devils 1, panthers easiest opponents in league, which is gutting as this is my 3rd time at panthers this season, I don’t think we even try there

ASHIPP

It would be great for Devils to actually get a win at NIC, against Panthers (who they could possibly be facing if they get to Playoff weekend), and because it's good momentum to win in the arena hosting the Playoffs.

All seems to go pear shaped for Devils in that place. The only advantage is that Panthers are as banged up as the Devils with injuries. Panthers have signed a young goalie temporarily who did well against the Blaze.

Diablo3

It would be great for Devils to actually get a win at NIC, against Panthers (who they could possibly be facing if they get to Playoff weekend), and because it's good momentum to win in the arena hosting the Playoffs.

All seems to go pear shaped for Devils in that place. The only advantage is that Panthers are as banged up as the Devils with injuries. Panthers have signed a young goalie temporarily who did well against the Blaze.
They also have Ben Bowns as goalie coach.The fact that they almost signed him for the playoffs should tell people where he is going next season. This is a dead rubber game but... This is a chance for DuPont and the players to set out where they want to be for the playoffs, so it may be a little feistier than we might expect.

kettdevil1

They also have Ben Bowns as goalie coach.The fact that they almost signed him for the playoffs should tell people where he is going next season. This is a dead rubber game but... This is a chance for DuPont and the players to set out where they want to be for the playoffs, so it may be a little feistier than we might expect.
Indeed. I remember a dead rubber against Coventry a few years ago that turned into a line brawl.....

Rempel16

Why couldn’t they sign him for the playoffs?

kettdevil1

Why couldn’t they sign him for the playoffs?
I think it's because he would be transferring between leagues so would be classed as a new signing rather than an emergency signing (which is what, say, Shane Owen would count as). As the deadline for signings has passed, he is not allowed to play. Frankly Nottingham should have known that

Rempel16

I think it's because he would be transferring between leagues so would be classed as a new signing rather than an emergency signing (which is what, say, Shane Owen would count as). As the deadline for signings has passed, he is not allowed to play. Frankly Nottingham should have known that
Thank you.

Can't see anything but a Devils win this time. Coventry decided if they couldn't win last match they'd bash the crap out of us . Domingue dislocated shoulder, Tousi broken rib. Have a safe trip if your coming.

Last edited: