Panthers Vs Devils - League - 17th Oct 2021

So I take it that the 2 on 1s that were pretty much eliminated last night are back? Which lines are having problems?
Yeah it’s a massive shame as last night looked a lot tighter. Still present but much improved. For tonight I did see register and Louis got caught very short. It’s very frustrating to see and really easy to fix.
Guys let’s NOT do a classic inferno and say the team needs a change. We are going to blow games and have a shit night. That’s pro sports. Players are tired. Some people just don’t get the wheels turning. They will be feeling far worse than you or I now. This will be analysed and learned. We are going to lose. Remember how much the team has changed.

God it really does show how little experience some people have on the inferno in playing ice hockey. I really hope the devils lads don’t read the inferno haha. Can you imagine if the team was coached by people who thought we needed to rebuild after an away loss? After we beat Belfast last night?
How can you say where would we be without Carruth / Reid when in the same breath you praise the talent of Sanford, Waller and cox?
We are fine

RedDevil17

God it really does show how little experience some people have on the inferno in playing ice hockey. I really hope the devils lads don’t read the inferno haha. Can you imagine if the team was coached by people who thought we needed to rebuild after an away loss? After we beat Belfast last night?
How can you say where would we be without Carruth / Reid when in the same breath you praise the talent of Sanford, Waller and cox?
We are fine
Folk have a right to their opinion as do you. If you don’t like what they say then don’t read the inferno, simples. We do need a first line centre imo and a top D man as well. If that means moving someone like Batchy to a forward, then so be it. DuPont has improved lately. No need for drastic changes just one or two starting with bringing Haddad back (if possible)

I will agree with the fact both Reid and Carruth are quality and I also think that Crandall is an under the radar signing. Does the little things right and works his nuts off. Sanford is rapid and Mikkelson is arguably one of the best D men in the league.

Last edited:

Devil94

We are fine
It's the same every year unfortunately. "Get rid of Ulmer, Get rid of Reddick, Bowns not good enough" etc etc. 9 trophies later and things still haven't changed. Some reckon we have a right to win, and any loss or performance under 100% in an 80 game season with lots of travel are reasons for big changes. Changes that we haven't made once in the last 7 years and it's worked out just fine.

Surely people have learnt that it takes time to build a team, that's even more true this year with a new coach and so many new guys. This is an away loss to Nottingham we are talking about, not a home loss to Fife. Again, relax people.

Last edited:
Folk have a right to their opinion as do you. If you don’t like what they say then don’t read the inferno, simples. We do need a first line centre imo and a top D man as well. If that means moving someone like Batchy to a forward, then so be it. The player who we signed as a supposed first line center is playing on the third line too, I’ll give him credit though he’s improved in recent weeks.
No I get that, and that’s fine. I’m not being nasty. I don’t like what they post but I respect their right to post it. I do think it’s just short sighted to have such a knee jerk reaction, I don’t think that shows good knowledge of the game.

jenks33

We are fine
Certainly no need for a rebuild or major changes. There’s enough to like about this team but If anybody isn’t concerned that we might be too reliant on Reid and that we’re missing a first line centre then they’re ignoring the obvious. I spoke to somebody down the rink last night who has coached and played at a decent level and that’s exactly what he said. Devils are going to be too reliant on Reid and they are certainly missing a first line centre. I don’t think it’s too drastic or going over the top by saying that

ASHIPP

Majority of the current Panthers'team took part in the 6 week Elite League tournament back in Spring. Seem to recall Devils and Giants didn't take part.
Majority of our team are new, learning a new style, new regulations, different officiating/rules, chaotic game schedule including CHL.

Seem to recall how erratic our brand new team (under our new ownership) was 7 years ago for the first few weeks. And they went onto win the Challenge Cup at the end of that season....
Fans need to be patient, have realistic expectations and enjoy the sport we have longed for over the last 18 months, win or lose.

Last edited:
We also have to remember the guys have had a gruelling schedule over the last week: 5 games in 8 days, and thats not including last weeks trip to Finland. The next game is next Sunday against the Storm so the guys now have 7 days with no games to rest up and concentrate on training and regrouping. Today was a tough loss against the Panthers, but I think they're exhausted. Just look at the big win last night against the reigning league champions Belfast Giants.
I stand by what I said earlier, I think we have one hell of a team this year which will only get better with time

Wannabe2

Oh dear. The doom and gloomers are going to have a field day. Can’t wait!
Well I am far from a doom and gloomier, but we were very very poor tonight we showed a few flashes to bring us back from 2-0 to even up the game, after that is was down down down. Looked like the lads had lead weights in their boots, watching Belfast v Blaze at the moment and Giants had a tough game last night but have come out well against a good blaze team, after a very good display last night we were very poor tonight, it happens yes and let me add if these lads didn’t make mistakes they wouldn’t be in this league.But maybe me and others are getting a bit carried away with thinking we are better than we really are.

Yeah it’s a massive shame as last night looked a lot tighter. Still present but much improved. For tonight I did see register and Louis got caught very short. It’s very frustrating to see and really easy to fix.
Guys let’s NOT do a classic inferno and say the team needs a change. We are going to blow games and have a shit night. That’s pro sports. Players are tired. Some people just don’t get the wheels turning. They will be feeling far worse than you or I now. This will be analysed and learned. We are going to lose. Remember how much the team has changed.
poor excuse to say players are tired they are professionals and should be up to play 2 games a weekend

Wannabe2

We are fine
This isn’t a forum for ex players mate, the sooner you realise that the better, it’s for folk to express their views sometimes we talk crap but that’s what mere mortals sometimes do.

august04 2.0

Let's not hang these guys out to dry yet. They are still gelling as a team. Remember (including the pre season) we have 9 wins and this will only be our 3rd loss. These guys also have a CHL win as well which is huge. This happens, it's sucks but we get up, brush ourselves down and move on. Even our playoffs Champions team had tough shift like this.
I do agree that a new d-man would be good though.
We had almost a month's more preparation than the likes of Sheffield, Coventry and Nottingham, yet we've lost to all three. There's lots of new players on every team too, so not sure I’m buying the gelling as a team excuse for any defeats. They're all still gelling. Like I said earlier, the recruitment has been very good by and large, but there's one or two that I’m still very unsure about.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Turned the stream off absolutely shocking today sloppy as hell worst game I have watched the devils play this season 100%
You’re in for a terrible season then.

If this was March 2022, I’d say that’s the dumbest thing I’ve read this season. As it’s only weeks in of 2021, I’m really limited on words as I’d really hurt your delicate feelings & I’d be breaking forum rules...........is calling a person a Hoser on here ok..

Last edited:
Look I don’t mean it to mean that not playing ice hockey = you can’t have an opinion and I certainly don’t mean it that I’m some pro hockey player who’s opinion is superior to everyone else’s. I am a very much amateur ice hockey player.
You can’t play the “it’s a place for people to express their opinions” card because I’m saying I disagree with you. I’m not having a go at anyone, I’m expressing my opinion within a forum.
But I’ll say it again, people are very quick to make decisions on the team based on a bad performance. I don’t think that shows very good knowledge of the game or of the clubs history.
The wheels fell off the bus tonight. That’s fine. We move on and learn. Just be kind to yourself and don’t be so crestfallen when we lose, it’s going to happen again this season!

Rhyan48

You’re in for a terrible season then.

If this was March 2022, I’d say that’s the dumbest thing I’ve read this season. As it’s only weeks in of 2021, I’m really limited on words as right I’d really hurt your delicate feelings & I’d be breaking forum rules...........is calling a person a Hoser on here ok..
What so saying that was the worst I have seen them play is a bad thing ? Shut up mate it was terrible simple as ! Boring to watch so I turned it off haha *edited - Rule #7*

Last edited by a moderator:
we need a first line centre a top d man and we need to stop wasting an import slot by dressing two import net minders.steelers dressed two net minders last week and guess what they lost at home to guildford.skalde needs to sort our defence out because at times we are all over the place giving up to many breakaways and coughing the puck up leading to silly goals being given away.we are only icimg 11 import outfield players so effectively are two imports down on most teams.

Mazzoak

Folk have a right to their opinion as do you. If you don’t like what they say then don’t read the inferno, simples. We do need a first line centre imo and a top D man as well. If that means moving someone like Batchy to a forward, then so be it. DuPont has improved lately. No need for drastic changes just one or two starting with bringing Haddad back (if possible)

I will agree with the fact both Reid and Carruth are quality and I also think that Crandall is an under the radar signing. Does the little things right and works his nuts off. Sanford is rapid and Mikkelson is arguably one of the best D men in the league.
There‘s having an opinion, there’s also talking utter gob s88 just for the sake of it.