Parking pre Season

fdlf666

Toys’R’Us car park is now being used as a Bus Park and Ride facility to Llandough Hospital with the last bus to the Hospital being 7.07pm and the last bus returning to Toys’R’Us being 7.24pm. The gates are then locked shortly after, overnight until just before the service begins the following morning at 6.30am.

mjh

Gutted. WH took all the stress out of parking matchnight. Cannot see how toys r us will be good enough as getting out of there is a nightmare. Expect more people to just park in stupid places this season. Joy.

Pope#42

That’s a real shame about the WH car park as I’ve always parked there. I hope the Devils can sort something out - toys r us will be fine for pre-season but as soon as the season starts I don’t think it will be near enough. Not sure if this is a Devils decision or a Council one but it will just worsen the situation with people parking where they shouldn’t so fingers crossed they re-think.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but with all the land available around the rink I wonder if there would ever be an opportunity to add a car park here? It’s not being used at the moment and could be done with the understanding that as soon as they have concrete plans for building (the snow dome?) on it that this is relinquished. Anyway - apologies if this is a sore subject or anything and I don’t mean to offend as I know how long and hard people fought for an ice rink so in that respect - a lack of parking is nothing. It’s just a thought I have every time I walk past those boards...

august04

It’s something that needs to be addressed before the season starts properly and the big attendances kick in. The current arrangements won’t be good enough for then.

terry hunt

Thread starter #12
There have been several proposals for apartments in the old BBT/car park area.I suspect the land value is too high to justify a car park
This issue should have been sorted at the time the Pool/Rink and Water Centre were proposed but maybe too late now.
Perhaps post brexit if retailers start to fold that could be the next chance assuming we will be able to afford hockey.

pjj365

There have been several proposals for apartments in the old BBT/car park area.I suspect the land value is too high to justify a car park
This issue should have been sorted at the time the Pool/Rink and Water Centre were proposed but maybe too late now.
Perhaps post brexit if retailers start to fold that could be the next chance assuming we will be able to afford hockey.
I believe the original plan under the proposal was for a multi-story as part of the ski slope. Guess the developers ran out of funding due to slow house sales -that was the rumour re the delay in finishing the arena. True or not I don't know.

On another tack I don't find TRU that bad compared to the arena car park but maybe worse than pool car park but then I've experienced the MEN in Manchester!

terry hunt

Thread starter #15
Same old chestnut i am afraid.
Friday's game against Mountfield is being televised live i believe.
Does anyone know if the parking arrangements will be affected by trucks for equipment or just be taking our normal feed.
Thinking of Paul Adey needing his own RV trailer.

Wannabe2

The OB trucks park on the right side of the Arena looking towards the reception, they won’t be taking up any usual car spaces, they will stay there televising both games.

Toys R Us and Wilcox House both available this weekend according to the Devils website. Cost is £3 in both so that is a 50% increase for Wilcox House users!!