Parking this weekend?

kettdevil1

Sorry if this been mentioned already, but I was quite surprised at how close Penarth is to the arena. Can people not park in or around, for instance, Tesco's in Cogan/Penarth and just walk over the bridge? It took me no more than 10 minutes to walk across recently. Is this not a viable option?
It's what I do....nice walk as well....

Pondlife

Thread starter #263
We parked in Cogan station although strictly it's for rail users only. Never had any problems doing so. If it does become an issue then the leisure centre is just around the corner and AFAIK has no restrictions.

youngbob

If you take the first road off the roundabout by Tesco / Oystercatcher, (Marconi Avenue), there are no restrictions on parking on the road, or 50 yards further on is a car park on the right, so long as we don't block people's access to homes, doubt anyone will complain, been doing it all season, takes 10 minutes to IAW

matbur

I, along with a quite few others parked up on the pavement around the back of the leisure centre last night, not ideal and suspect might get ticketed eventually.

Will check out Marconi Avenue next time, good tip!

jimmy snels

Can someone answer this without being sarcastic or start the defence mode stuff: has anyone from the cardiff devils approuched toys r us about using the over flow car park? I just dont understand how a huge, largely unused dedicated car park directly opposite the rink can be left unused when people are parking on curbs, walk ways, pot holed land and even round abouts to make a game. Surely someone from the devils side could be paid carpark monitor, locker upper and clean the thing up the next day? Charge each car a pound to cover these costs and give all the rest as profits to the toys r us lot. It seems a simple way to get well over a hundred cars (could be more im not sad enough to count) located somewhere more sensible and improve the actual match night experience.

Can someone answer this without being sarcastic or start the defence mode stuff: has anyone from the cardiff devils approuched toys r us about using the over flow car park? I just dont understand how a huge, largely unused dedicated car park directly opposite the rink can be left unused when people are parking on curbs, walk ways, pot holed land and even round abouts to make a game. Surely someone from the devils side could be paid carpark monitor, locker upper and clean the thing up the next day? Charge each car a pound to cover these costs and give all the rest as profits to the toys r us lot. It seems a simple way to get well over a hundred cars (could be more im not sad enough to count) located somewhere more sensible and improve the actual match night experience.

Since Toys R Us lodged it’s financial woes in the States people have been looking more closely into its financial structures. To keep it simple, the Cardiff Bay property if it was owned by them, may not be owned by them anymore, even if they did own it. It has an incredibly complicated capital structure. It has an operating company subsidiary, which is thought to pay above-market rates to lease land from a property company subsidiary. The property company has sold debt. So has the operating unit. So has the parent company, which has pledged its real estate to back other debt separate from the property unit under certain circumstances. So they may not have the authority to give the Devils use of the car park, they may not want to explain this publicly.
The car park has facility for 210 vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

My understanding is that the big car park to the right as you go in is in fact council owned. The reason it is locker down is said to be to avoid boy racers and their car park antics - not a problem (apparently at Morrisons due to the residential development around it and Asda due to opening hours)

I have no idea if this is true but it could be a factor in TRU car park use by us

jimmy snels

Soooo with likely an average of over 2 people per car your looking at a huge amount of the parking issues being sorted. Even if it was for a charitable donation on their behalf or even us buying 200 quid of teddies for the air the bear every week. Something should get done.

Hedd Wyn John

It is also probable that the Council owned car park ( old site of BBT) is kept locked to keep out 'travellers' .
If they could get it opened up for hockey fans it would help curb the parking on roundabouts, footpaths and residence bays that goes on on game nights, personally I find parking in the pool car park the best as long as you get there early ie 90 mins before face off. I parked in the IAW car park yesterday but it took a good 25 mins to get out. Morrisons on a Sunday is the easiest car park because it's pretty much straight in straight out (more or less) but obviously they've got restrictions on Saturdays.

Foxy

It doesnt help when people try and jump the queues by cutting through the lines instead of coming out the exits properly and filtering. Its not rocket science.

ASHIPP

The traffic wardens really need to get down to the Pool and White Water Centre on game night. Parking is an absolute shambles and people are getting away with it.
Not only parking on the roundabout but one car actually parked on a double yellow curb and overlapping the front of a disabled parking space opposite White Water Centre so that poor driver wouldn't have been able to get their car out. Another driver who couldn't get a space in the Pool carpark had just left their vehicle parked half on the curb (again double yellow lines) across the back of the disabled section.

It's laziness and arrogance. Just because these drivers usually own gigantic sporty Mercedes or BMW they think they are entitled to park however and wherever they like.

Kal

Getting out yesterday wasn't helped by the car that went into the back/side of a taxi just by TRU and decided to just stay in the middle of the road blocking a lane.

Diafol

The traffic wardens really need to get down to the Pool and White Water Centre on game night. Parking is an absolute shambles and people are getting away with it.
Not only parking on the roundabout but one car actually parked on a double yellow curb and overlapping the front of a disabled parking space opposite White Water Centre so that poor driver wouldn't have been able to get their car out. Another driver who couldn't get a space in the Pool carpark had just left their vehicle parked half on the curb (again double yellow lines) across the back of the disabled section.

It's laziness and arrogance. Just because these drivers usually own gigantic sporty Mercedes or BMW they think they are entitled to park however and wherever they like.
Add to that the regular occurrence of people without badges parking in / across disabled spaces, and the person who thought it would be a great idea to park on the small box junction by the entrance / exit of the pool car park.

There are pages on Facebook dedicated to "Parking like a *** in (name of town)".
Maybe we should start one for the IAW.

You think they’d get a Taxi. The lease payments though, doubt there is much left in the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

The last thing the place needs is traffic wardens, if you want half your fan base to be ticketed thats great, im sure people will leave with a big smile on their face! Also, Not everyone can get to a game hours before the game. Unbelievable to some but a lot of people work on the days of games and rush to get there to support their team.

Simply, there is a big *edited* carpark not being used. Get YOUR FANS a place to safely park their cars.

And rather than criticising fans for voicing their opinions just because they're not positive wannabe perhaps say nothing if you've actually got nothing to contribute? So many people have stopped posting on here due to this type of post, including myself for a long period.

Diafol

Correct, there are bigger more serious problems in this world.

However, in the context of Devils hockey, which is why we're all here, it becomes a significant problem if "casual" fans, or even the die-hards for that matter, get put off coming to games because of little things like this, or queues at the café etc which spoil the match night experience.